Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Djm-300 & Efx-1000
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
skoom
tranceaddict

hey ppl

does anyone have these two?
can it only be connected to one input/output at a time?
ie only left chan, only right chan, only master out?

i want a efx1000 but dont want a new mixer

thx

Old Post Mar-30-2006 03:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for skoom Click here to Send skoom a Private Message Visit skoom's homepage! Add skoom to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Timski
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah because you dont have an effects loop...

But most people don't even use there effects loops on there mixers and just run the efx box straight out from there master, to manipulate the sound as a whole instead of each channel individually... Personally I think it takes away creativity but most mixers dont have nice sounding loops.

The efx-1000 is a sweetness peice of kit, I have one myself and love it... I would consider a mixer upgrade with the money your spending on the efx box but thats just me.

If your really keen you could just do a zabiela and run an efx-1000 dedicated to each channel.

Old Post Mar-30-2006 04:20  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Timski Click here to Send Timski a Private Message Visit Timski's homepage! Add Timski to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nutsan
Supreme tranceaddict

lik etimski said theres no effects loop so ur only option wuld b to only put effects on the master.

your other option is upgrade ur mixer and only get the efx 500 or rig up ur own effects loop with sumthin similar to this THREAD!

hope it helps!

Old Post Mar-30-2006 11:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for nutsan Click here to Send nutsan a Private Message Visit nutsan's homepage! Add nutsan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
punjabi
not really Indian

i'd definitely get a new mixer before a EFX-1000

Old Post Mar-30-2006 18:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for punjabi Click here to Send punjabi a Private Message Add punjabi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rebel Brown
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by punjabi
i'd definitely get a new mixer before a EFX-1000

Definately.

The main improvement from the EFX 500 to the 1000 was the sound quality, and using the DJM 300, I very much doubt you're going to be able to hear much of a difference, so you might aswell get a 500 if you want to keep your mixer.

Old Post Mar-30-2006 18:24  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Rebel Brown Click here to Send Rebel Brown a Private Message Add Rebel Brown to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Djm-300 & Efx-1000
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackclassic prog tune needs ID [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAlex M.O.R.P.H. - Klangwelt (Clubb mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread