Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2007 > does anyone else still call it "Love Parade"?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

does anyone else still call it "Love Parade"?

everyone I have talked to still calls it "love parade"(including myself) instead of "lovefest"

Old Post Aug-21-2007 00:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

I do. I hate the "Lovefest" name.

Old Post Aug-21-2007 02:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mecca82
I've seen "The Light"

loveparade > lovefest

but can't because of the berlin contradiction...

Old Post Aug-21-2007 16:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mecca82 Click here to Send Mecca82 a Private Message Visit Mecca82's homepage! Add Mecca82 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Insomnia`SF
tranceaddict

i call it love parade too, it just sounds better and people know what you're talking about

When things get bad, when it looks like you're not gonna make it, you gotta get mean; I mean plum mad dog mean. Cuz if you lose your head, if you give up, then you neither live nor win - that's just the way it is.

Old Post Aug-22-2007 04:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Insomnia`SF Click here to Send Insomnia`SF a Private Message Add Insomnia`SF to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
butterfly
melissa

i call it love parade. either way, it's not the best name to draw in outsiders to EDM, IMO. I mention it to people I work with and they assume it is some gay festival in SF and completely rule out any possibility of going.

Old Post Aug-22-2007 04:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for butterfly Click here to Send butterfly a Private Message Add butterfly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
henryv
Henry De Villon

quote:
Originally posted by butterfly
i call it love parade. either way, it's not the best name to draw in outsiders to EDM, IMO. I mention it to people I work with and they assume it is some gay festival in SF and completely rule out any possibility of going.

Old Post Aug-22-2007 19:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for henryv Click here to Send henryv a Private Message Visit henryv's homepage! Add henryv to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R!CH
check signal

i don't like the name "lovefest" either, but that's what the organizers decided to brand the event with so that's what i call it. i don't see why they didn't just carry on the "summer of love" torch...? whatever though, in time lovefest will build it's own notoriety and you won't have to explain it to anyone you want going

they should just call it what it is... EUROPE INVADES SF :P

Old Post Aug-23-2007 09:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R!CH Click here to Send R!CH a Private Message Add R!CH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Blurr
www.djblurr.com

Im with everyone else on the Lovefest name. Calling it LP just seems right.

Im the other way around butterfly, I mentioned it to my co workers the other day, and one of em said she too was rubbed up against by the naked people...

Old Post Sep-15-2007 07:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Blurr Click here to Send Dj Blurr a Private Message Visit Dj Blurr's homepage! Add Dj Blurr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mecca82
loveparade > lovefest

but can't because of the berlin contradiction...

Berlin evicted the Love Parade too...now it's being held in the Ruhr Vally in northern Germany for the next 5 years! I think that SF should get the name back though, it's one world celebrating good music, afterall!

Old Post Sep-16-2007 00:48  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by in2muzikk
Berlin evicted the Love Parade too...now it's being held in the Ruhr Vally in northern Germany for the next 5 years! I think that SF should get the name back though, it's one world celebrating good music, afterall!

what happend there???

Old Post Sep-16-2007 23:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djillicit
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by butterfly

hehe yup. sounds like a massive orgy in the streets!

"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

--- Cree Indian Prophecy

Old Post Sep-26-2007 22:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djillicit Click here to Send djillicit a Private Message Visit djillicit's homepage! Add djillicit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by djillicit
hehe yup. sounds like a massive orgy in the streets!

...and in some corners of the crowd it certainly is! At least, some of the shit I witnessed in 2005 anyways...

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Sep-27-2007 01:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2007 > does anyone else still call it "Love Parade"?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLeila K - Open Sesame (which mix?) [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSolid Globe - "North Pole" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread