Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > My whole hard drive . . . GONE!!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
matt_a
... Do To You ...

Sad My whole hard drive . . . GONE!!

Yes thats right, every single mp3 (2 years worth = 10 gig) all my photos, and everything I had on my computer gone after my hardrive decided to die for no reason. So if you fel like sending me an mp3 cd or something feel welcome, cause I have to start over

about 50 livesets . . GONE
about 500 songs . . GONE

I feel empty!

Old Post Feb-14-2003 08:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for matt_a Click here to Send matt_a a Private Message Add matt_a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Romp
Supreme tranceaddict

ah dude, sometimes you can get it fixed and recover the stuff, dont give up on it

Old Post Feb-14-2003 08:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Romp Click Here to Email Romp Click here to Send Romp a Private Message Add Romp to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pointy
Supreme tranceaddict

Heheheh...sucks to be you, luckily i've never had a HD crash in my career of computing, but i do back up all my mp3s - got about 35cds now, all mp3s. You shoulda backed up mate!! Ahh well, i'll go a little look for some of the programs which can help you get some of ur data back..wouldn't be all, but you might be able to retrieve 5-6 gigs.

Good luck to you

Old Post Feb-14-2003 09:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pointy Click here to Send Pointy a Private Message Add Pointy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Efff_Beee
Supreme tranceaddict

Trancey Ash: I would be more than happy to send you a ouple of mp3 cd's. I will send you a list of my mp3 directory. Tjere might be something u like there, please dont laugh if you see something u dont like tho

Give me your email.

"I forgot that I might see,
So many beautful things.
I forgot that I might need,
to find out what life could bring"

Old Post Feb-14-2003 09:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Efff_Beee Click here to Send Efff_Beee a Private Message Add Efff_Beee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Xavier
DISILLUSIONED IN TRANCE

msg me if ya need help in #tranceaddict (Austnet server)

"Burn down the disco, hang the blessed dj, because the music that they constantly play,
it says nothing to me about my life...
" The Smiths - 'Panic'

Old Post Feb-14-2003 09:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Xavier Click here to Send Xavier a Private Message Add Xavier to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pointy
Supreme tranceaddict

http://home.iprimus.com.au/jsimpson/list.html

I'll also help out If you want anything, i'll happily send 4-5 cds of mp3s

Old Post Feb-14-2003 10:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pointy Click here to Send Pointy a Private Message Add Pointy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Audio Beverage
Addicted

DonT wORRY bout it man! You Have that Avril lavigne CD ya bought! wOOT!

so all is not lost....

Old Post Feb-14-2003 10:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Audio Beverage Click here to Send Audio Beverage a Private Message Add Audio Beverage to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chuck Norris
milfhunter in training

*Hands you a gun*

Old Post Feb-14-2003 10:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Norris Click here to Send Chuck Norris a Private Message Add Chuck Norris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Dowlz
supreme corsten addict

Bumma! Was it an IBM "Deathstar" hard disk? My 30gig IBM died a while back. IBM will replace it though.

Don't depsaire though, you can get the data retrieved directly off the surface for around $200. Most Harvey Norman stores will do it for you.

"To that guy, who asked me to sign this piece of paper saying that Iím number oneÖ thumbs up to you man!!!" - Ferry Corsten

Old Post Feb-14-2003 12:46  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Dowlz Click Here to Email DJ Dowlz Click here to Send DJ Dowlz a Private Message Add DJ Dowlz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hyperdimension
Supreme tranceaddict

It has happened to me a couple of times.

You can use some software to recover data, like recover4all, Norton Disk Doctor, and a few others. Try a few different ones. Do a search for "recover data" or something like that.

MAKE SURE YOU DON"T WRITE ANYTHING MORE ONTO THAT DISK YOU ARE TRYING TO RECOVER, otherwise you'll probably be overwriting some data.

I have around 80 MP3 CDs so far, so let me know if you want some. I got Joshva to copy around 20 of my CDs onto his laptop a while ago!

Old Post Feb-15-2003 01:28  Thailand
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyperdimension Click Here to Email Hyperdimension Click here to Send Hyperdimension a Private Message Add Hyperdimension to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jizza
boys dont cry

errr... my grandma ate my hard drive and all my mp3's are gone too.

could you guys send some cd's down this way as well.

hehe this happened to me not long ago except replace "hard-drive died" with "erased by stupid asian uncle".

Old Post Feb-15-2003 02:04  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for jizza Click here to Send jizza a Private Message Add jizza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OLi_A
chelsea = lose *whip*

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelDudikoff
hehe this happened to me not long ago except replace "hard-drive died" with "erased by stupid asian uncle".

haha ouch

sorry to hear it matt. im shit scared of my hard drive dieing on me one day and i know i should back up my mp3s but i always put it off

i like you

Old Post Feb-15-2003 05:32  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for OLi_A Click here to Send OLi_A a Private Message Add OLi_A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > My whole hard drive . . . GONE!!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread