Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Crimea Situation?
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Joss Weatherby
kinda retired...

Arrow Crimea Situation?

Apparently Russian aligned gunmen have taken over multiple government buildings in the Crimean peninsula.

Russia has announced at the same time snap military drills on on the Ukrainian border, increased alert at their Black Sea Fleet facilities on the Crimean and put a number of their military districts and commands on high alert, as well as moving some 150,000 troops, almost 1000 tanks and other equipment into the area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...d08b_story.html

Most of the deployment news is coming from ITAR-TASS so it isn't the most reliable source, but they are quoting directly from the Russian Defense Minister.

Old Post Feb-27-2014 11:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Senior tranceaddict

From what I've heard essentially it's a matter of the Soviet union's borders really weren't designed for a possible splitup in the future. This is both a blessing and a curse. I feel like one of several situations will develop:

1. Russia annexes the pro Russia part (crimea)
2. The Pro Russian part becomes a semi autonomous zone (like in bosnia-republica serbska)
3. Things stay how they are

I feel like 2 seems like a rather unlikely outcome because if Russia's trying to form CIS trade zones to compete with the EU then it'd be rather difficult having half the country in either zone.

Old Post Feb-27-2014 11:49  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Joss Weatherby
kinda retired...

Crimea is already semi autonomous in Ukraine. This feels like a precursor to succession /annexation.

Old Post Feb-27-2014 11:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Joss Weatherby
kinda retired...

Russian VDV raid into Ukranian territory yesterday.

Fucking hell.

Old Post Mar-01-2014 05:47 
Dykes_on_Jay
Yellow is the new black.

The world is due for a population purge. It has been too long since the last big war. It would probably do this planet some good. I firmly believe that something is going to pop off in the next 5 years. I sort of hope so.

Old Post Mar-01-2014 06:10  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Senior tranceaddict

Posted on April 24, 2010 at 10:28:56 AM EDT by Marty62

Sedition Act of 1918

Acts, Bills, and Laws, May 16, 1918 The Espionage Act of 1917 was amended by Congress the following year to not only target those who interfered with the draft, but also those individuals who publicly criticized the government including negative comments about the flag, military or Constitution.

The revised law provided in part:

SECTION 3. Whoever, when the United States is at war, shall willfully make or convey false reports or false statements with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the military or naval forces of the United States, or to promote the success of its enemies, or shall willfully make or convey false reports, or false statements, ...or incite insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or shall willfully obstruct ...the recruiting or enlistment service of the United States, or ...shall willfully utter, print, write, or publish any disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language about the form of government of the United States, or the Constitution of the United States, or the military or naval forces of the United States ...or shall willfully display the flag of any foreign enemy, or shall willfully ...urge, incite, or advocate any curtailment of production ...or advocate, teach, defend, or suggest the doing of any of the acts or things in this section enumerated and whoever shall by word or act support or favor the cause of any country with which the United States is at war or by word or act oppose the cause of the United States therein, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than 20 years, or both.... United States, Statutes at Large, Washington, D.C., 1918, Vol. XL, p. 553 and following.................

(Excerpt) Read more at u-s-history.com ...

Old Post Mar-01-2014 06:34  Samoa
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
billymadision
tranceaddict in training

Now THAT'S the Uncle Sam to be afraid of

Old Post Mar-01-2014 06:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for billymadision Click here to Send billymadision a Private Message Add billymadision to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Put on robe & wizard hat!

Fucking hell...

... delicious puddings!

quote:
Originally said by Maurice Moss
I came here to kick ass and drink milk... and I've just finished my milk

Old Post Mar-01-2014 22:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click Here to Email Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bananas
baby i got your money

Ukrainian ambassador says that there are aleardy 15k russian troops in Ukraine, according to CNN.

fucking putin

Old Post Mar-01-2014 23:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Senior tranceaddict

I feel honestly that realistically Crimea will either become it's own country or it will be annexed into Russia. I feel like the western reaction is a bit overblown. There was massive unrest against the government and a section of the country that has been very pro Russian or at least anti EU has felt the need to draw in a power they identify with. I think it will actually turn out alright in the end, I don't feel like the rest of the Ukraine will actually be invaded as it simply wouldn't achieve anything positive for Russia.

I think Russia will end up gradually taking a harder line with the west but I don't think it's the beginning of a new cold war. The west isn't crying out about the idea of Crimea joining Russia and how bad it would be or anything like that. They're more concerned with the invasion and possible escalation rather than the balance of power.

Old Post Mar-06-2014 12:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
notVARsalt
tranceaddict in training

Old Post Mar-06-2014 13:28  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for notVARsalt Click here to Send notVARsalt a Private Message Add notVARsalt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Originally posted by Psyshell
I feel like the western reaction is a bit overblown.

Nonsense. We had a deal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budape...rity_Assurances

Old Post Mar-06-2014 16:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Crimea Situation?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread