Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Code of Conduct
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DigiNut
You kids get off my lawn!

Code of Conduct

The Production Studio Code of Conduct (AKA Forum Rules)

High Crimes
These are essentially the site-wide rules, refined for the Production Studio. The first offense will result in a thread closure (or post redaction) and warning. The second will result in a suspension. No exceptions.

• Spam
    Don't make me explain what this is. It is okay to post about new gear and software, special sales, etc., but don't let me catch you bumping your thread or cross-posting links.

• Copyrighted material
    No full commercial tracks, a capellas, dubs, software/plugins, or requests for any of the above. Short samples (10-20 seconds) may be posted when discussing a particular sound, how to make it, and so on.

• NSFW* content
    Keep it to yourself, unless in a thread clearly marked as such (normal standards of taste still apply).
    * Not Safe For Work

Felonies
Anything that resembles trolling or harassment will be dealt with as such. The line between these and healthy debate can sometimes be blurry, so enforcement will be fairly lenient. However, persistent offenders who have been previously warned will get the boot.
  • Dweeb debates
    We're all well-aware of the merits of Mac vs. PC, Linux vs. Windows, Hardware vs. Software, Cubase vs. Fruityloops, and similar pointless and over-generalized topics that have been debated to death with religious fervour. Just steer clear of these pissing matches, especially if the thread was originally about a completely unrelated subject.

• Genre bashing
    That's what Music Discussion is for. Cynicism may creep subtly into otherwise relevant posts, but please, keep it to a minimum.

• Flaming
    I like a good argument as much as anyone (probably more), but when it starts degenerating into random insults, it's not a debate anymore, it's a flame war. We don't want those; they alienate regular contributors and scare away the newbies. Just keep it civilized.

Misdemeanors
These are for the benefit of this community's collective sanity. They're more guidelines than rules, but if you ignore them, don't expect me to be sympathetic if you get flamed for it, and don't be too surprised if the thread gets locked.
  • Not using the search
    Neophytes, this may sound cold, but the plain fact is that we still have several topics that get re-hashed over and over again, week after week. Don't start a new thread unless you're sure there isn't one already. And for the love of all that is holy, check the FAQ and Tutorials.

• Meta-discussions
    That is to say, discussions about the forum itself or its members as opposed to actual music production. These topics are of no relevance to anyone except the most "hardcore" members (and sometimes not even them). If you have a question or problem of this nature, please PM me or one of the other mods instead.

• Bumping
    If you didn't get an answer the first time, it means that nobody has one for you (yet). Bumping in order to keep your thread on the front page is rude, and if you're being particularly annoying about it (such as bumping several times during the same day) then you can expect a lock. We like to help, but this is not your personal helpdesk.

Questions, comments? Discussion is now closed so no more replying here, but feel free to PM me at any time.

2012-11-32 - DJ Insufferable ɸ Or At Least the Stalkers I Complain About
2048-06-66 - Spastic & Whocares Although I'm Actually Flattered
9999-45-81 - Tweaker Gimp I Probably Won't Even Go To This But I Have To Make Sure I Fill Up All The Available Space Here

Last edited by DigiNut on Dec-07-2009 at 22:33

Old Post Nov-18-2009 02:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigiNut Click here to Send DigiNut a Private Message Add DigiNut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nightshift
...Ninja Business...

+1

@Soundcloud

:::OUT NOW!:::
Garrido & Skehan ft. Erin - Waiting For You (Nightshift Remix)
Elvin Ong - Motion (Nightshift Remix)
Tidal Forces - Machine Blue (Nightshift Remix)
quote:
Originally posted by meriter
Your primary focus should be making good music. That's all. No one gives a shit how you do it. And the people that do are fags.

Old Post Nov-18-2009 22:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nightshift Click here to Send Nightshift a Private Message Visit Nightshift's homepage! Add Nightshift to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

i didnt dare post first
whats NSFW btw?

Old Post Nov-18-2009 23:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Banned

Good stuff.

Genre bashing might work out bad for your obvious love of trance though Digi

Old Post Nov-19-2009 10:25  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Eric J
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by palm
whats NSFW btw?

NSFW = Not Safe For Work.

Definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_safe_for_work

Old Post Nov-19-2009 15:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Eric J Click here to Send Eric J a Private Message Add Eric J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

quote:
Originally posted by Eric J
NSFW = Not Safe For Work.

Definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_safe_for_work

even a wiki? damn internet is geek

Old Post Nov-19-2009 21:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beautiful Beast
Senior tranceaddict

Excellent DigiNut. I might even start posting here again.

BB

Old Post Nov-19-2009 23:48  Papua New Guinea
Click Here to See the Profile for Beautiful Beast Add Beautiful Beast to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Great job, Digi! The more serious "offenses" are undisputable in my opinion, but I do have comments on the "Misdemeanors".

quote:
Not using the search
Neophytes, this may sound cold, but the plain fact is that we still have several topics that get re-hashed over and over again, week after week. Don't start a new thread unless you're sure there isn't one already. And for the love of all that is holy, check the FAQ and Tutorials.

While I do agree that it is quite annoying to bring up old issues or questions, sometimes things just need a fresh perspective. Topics get old, new members come along, technology changes. Of course if the same thing were coming up every month or so, that should be dealt with accordingly. But if the same subject comes up once per year and there is relevant and new content each time, I have no issue with participating.

quote:
Bumping
If you didn't get an answer the first time, it means that nobody has one for you (yet). Bumping in order to keep your thread on the front page is rude, and if you're being particularly annoying about it (such as bumping several times during the same day) then you can expect a lock. We like to help, but this is not your personal helpdesk.

I have two issues here. To start, I'll say that I agree with the general premise that bumping your practically thoughtless question after it has received several responses is pointless.

First, with my own personal example, I give you this: thread link. This is a thread I try to update at least a few times per year and each time I do, I like to post a *bump* just to let everyone know that I've updated it and so that those who have yet to read it, can. Is that so wrong?

Second, if I were to post a question or comment and it has not received more then two or three comments, judging by the topic, I would most certainly give it a bump when it hit the second page if I feel it's worthy of more but has yet to receive. Sometimes people just don't notice a thread unless it's in the top twelve.

Old Post Nov-20-2009 23:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigiNut
You kids get off my lawn!

Alan: Those are all things that I took into account and the reason why I labeled that section as "misdemeanors" - there may be legitimate reasons to do those things (such as posting new content in an old thread) and there is no "penalty" per se for these trivial infractions, unless they're particularly obnoxious or show a pattern of lazy/inconsiderate behaviour ("here, spend 10 minutes answering this question in order to save me 10 seconds of research").

If you walk through a red light - whatever. If you wander around aimlessly on the road and cause a 12-car pile-up, that's a problem.

I hope that clears it up. If you think there's a way to explain it better without getting too verbose, let me know.

2012-11-32 - DJ Insufferable ɸ Or At Least the Stalkers I Complain About
2048-06-66 - Spastic & Whocares Although I'm Actually Flattered
9999-45-81 - Tweaker Gimp I Probably Won't Even Go To This But I Have To Make Sure I Fill Up All The Available Space Here

Old Post Nov-21-2009 02:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigiNut Click here to Send DigiNut a Private Message Add DigiNut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

Good work Mein Fuhrer

Old Post Nov-24-2009 10:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aesthetic Click here to Send Aesthetic a Private Message Add Aesthetic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sonic_c
Heaven Scent

I didnt read this before randomly coming home from an oakenfold gig and spreading the love.

Oh well you live you learn, glad to have a mod sometimes it gets a bit hairy on here

Facebook
Soundcloud

Processing a highly structured and complex pattern of sensory input as a unified percept of "music" is probably one of the most elaborate features of the human brain.....understanding how music is perceived and how it may elicit intense sensations is far from being understood.

Old Post Dec-07-2009 15:44  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Sonic_c Click here to Send Sonic_c a Private Message Visit Sonic_c's homepage! Add Sonic_c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Code of Conduct
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPhat Electro Track ID Needed! [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHatiras – Money Shot [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread