Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Posting Guidelines & Other Info- *POST COMMERCIAL RELEASES IN CD REVIEWS/NEW RELEASES FORUM*
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Omega_Blue
Someone Changed My Custom

Posting Guidelines & Other Info- *POST COMMERCIAL RELEASES IN CD REVIEWS/NEW RELEASES FORUM*

For the most part, the music producers promotion forum takes care of itself, and i usually let everyone do their own thing, but here's just a few guidelines to follow before posting your productions.

1. DO NOT post material that has seen or will shortly see a commercial release. UPDATE: I WILL DELETE ANY THREADS that break this rule.
that's what the CD Reviews/New Releases Discussion subforum is for. not only is it hotlinked to your left, but it's at the top of the forums, 3rd subforum down, in the "Main Forums" area. you can't miss it. this particular rule is in place to give amateur/bedroom/up-and-coming producers a better chance at receiving exposure. furthermore, if for any reason you ever try charging someone for your track, i will delete the thread.

obviously, if you posted a thread about an unreleased track, and then months later it gets signed and released, don't feel pressured to edit, delete, or ask me to move the thread to the appropriate forum. in that situation, its all good. Use your own discretion so I don't have to.

2. DO NOT post DJ mixes, podcasts, radio shows, spam, pirated/copyrighted music, or anything other than original productions, with the exception of remix competitions and other promotional opportunities.
the logic for this is obvious. post DJ mixes in the DJ Promotion forum. I will, however, allow threads that contain opportunities for producers such as remix competitions, track release contests, and compilation offerings to be advertised so long as entry, consideration, and the acquisition of samples are FREE. Pretty much, if you're trying to make a profit, I'm going to delete your shit. these types of threads are better suited for the Production Studio, however.

3. DO NOT antagonize, harass, insult, or generally flame/troll others who post their work.
it's not at all helpful, it offends the artist, and it's just plain disrespectful. i won't tolerate that BS- that's what the c0r is for. if you feel you are being attacked by a user, pm me with links to the thread(s) in question and i'll decide what to do from there.

4. DO NOT re-create a deleted or moved thread, and DO NOT repost the same track in multiple forums.
it was deleted or moved for a reason- but honest mistakes sometime happen. don't repost the same track in other forums either; not only is it spamming, but it's also redundant and again unfair to others trying to promote their own material. this also includes excessive bumping- there's nothing wrong with the occasional bump, but doing so every day with all of your threads won't be tolerated. use your discretion, but if it gets ridiculous, i'll close or delete them.

5. DO NOT hesitate to ask questions if you have any about the subforum, what type of works are acceptable, etc.
feel free to shoot me a PM or post in this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as i can. furthermore, i'm open for discussion and any ideas about how this subforum can be maintained in the best manner possible. aside from that, do yo thang up in this subforum, yo.

Other Info & Further Reading:
- Licensing, Copyright and Distribution Info
- TA Producers Myspace Directory
- TA Producers Youtube Channel Directory
- HTML Tutorial for Sharing SoundCloud Material

Last edited by Omega_Blue on Sep-19-2012 at 18:29

Old Post Nov-26-2009 12:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KristofferL
Senior tranceaddict

Are these new rules? No one have ever complained before so I figured it was OK to post these kinds of things.

Sorry! Won't happen again.

www.macarize.net
www.soundcloud.com/macarize
www.twitter.com/macarizelive
www.youtube.com/macarizetv

Old Post Dec-01-2009 11:36  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for KristofferL Click here to Send KristofferL a Private Message Visit KristofferL's homepage! Add KristofferL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

update: i'm getting sick of moving new release threads from unknown record label spammers posting their shit to the CD reviews/new releases subforum. therefore,

I WILL DELETE ANY THREAD that is advertising a new release without notice. If you decide to post the thread again, I will suspend you. READ THE RULES.

Old Post Jan-23-2010 08:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alairauston
Suspended User

These information about the forum guidelines given by you is really nice. I hope that this will really help people who really wanted guidelines in forum posting.

Old Post Jul-07-2010 09:28  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for alairauston Click here to Send alairauston a Private Message Add alairauston to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

Old and infrequently used stickies have been, well, unstickied, and merged via hotlinking at the bottom of the first post ITT. edited the rules down quite a bit as well- a lot of it was unnecessary or redundant.

Old Post Jan-02-2011 10:59  United States
Kyle87st
Suspended User

I love this forum. thanks!

Last edited by Omega_Blue on Jan-12-2012 at 21:15

Old Post Jan-06-2012 16:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle87st Click here to Send Kyle87st a Private Message Add Kyle87st to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aarones
Suspended User

wa ,thanks for these.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 13:26  Albania
Click Here to See the Profile for aarones Click here to Send aarones a Private Message Add aarones to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

a few people have pm'ed me recently asking about the prospect of running competitions, tournaments or what have you in the producer's forum. i'm all for it; so by all means, my friends, do it up if you feel like it! any creative way of getting more people to interact, post up their work, and fuel creativity is 100% supported from me.

Old Post Sep-19-2012 18:33  United States
patrickormisto
tranceaddict in training

I'm going to delete your shit. these types of threads are better suited for the_Production Studio, however.

new zealand tourist attractions

Last edited by patrickormisto on Mar-28-2014 at 13:21

Old Post Mar-27-2014 07:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for patrickormisto Click here to Send patrickormisto a Private Message Add patrickormisto to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
epiqua9
tranceaddict in training

Music production

hey people i want you to take a minute and have look at my production please check it out i have worked hard for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtKnRgY7M2M

Old Post Jul-15-2014 08:16  India
Click Here to See the Profile for epiqua9 Click here to Send epiqua9 a Private Message Add epiqua9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Do we have any kind of moderation here?

Old Post Aug-07-2014 16:05  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Do we have any kind of moderation here?

I think Nate (Omega_Blue) has some help in different forums already but I'm not really sure that's what happen over here - let's hope he is still active lol.

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Jan-08-2015 21:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Posting Guidelines & Other Info- *POST COMMERCIAL RELEASES IN CD REVIEWS/NEW RELEASES FORUM*
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktechno ownage [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNexus - "II Vicous" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread