Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by magikb
I recently switched my bb from the flip to the 8900 Curve.
I have been having some delays with the typing and I mean severe hesitations. I also have this problem with BBM. I will be in the middle of typing a msg and it will pause and then I can no longer finish typing what I was saying and have to either close the conversation box or do a full reboot. This only seems to solve the problem for a short period of time before it goes back to doing the same thing.

I have done reboots and also a full re-install. Does anyone have similar problems or any suggestions on how I may fix this?

It is EXTREMELY annoying!

I get delays too using BBM.... I do not reboot all of the time... just wait for a bit and I can then type again. I've had to reboot maybe 2 times..... sounds like a BBM glitch we've got on our hands friend.....

Old Post Jul-07-2010 15:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MissK
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Jul-07-2010 15:36  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for MissK Click here to Send MissK a Private Message Add MissK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jennē

quote:
Originally posted by Knox
I get delays too using BBM.... I do not reboot all of the time... just wait for a bit and I can then type again. I've had to reboot maybe 2 times..... sounds like a BBM glitch we've got on our hands friend.....

It happens to me every time I used bbm
It doesn't even allow me to continue typing or it will stop mid sentence and the cursor won't be in the typing spot. I don't know where it goes, but it won't send. Sometimes it won't even exit bbm.

Old Post Jul-07-2010 16:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for magikb Click Here to Email magikb Click here to Send magikb a Private Message Add magikb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I don't know where it goes,

Did you check to see if your Rocco ate it?

Mine pauses, but then when I look at the top right "receiving/sending" arrows they are still moving and processing something.... eventually it all starts up again....

hmmmmm

Old Post Jul-07-2010 16:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

you might have something not closed fully running in the background?

Old Post Jul-07-2010 16:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jennē

quote:
Originally posted by urban_legend
you might have something not closed fully running in the background?

How would I find that out Jay?
It doesn't show anything when I switch from one to another. It is just showing the normal home page, phone, browser and such..nothing else.

Old Post Jul-07-2010 17:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for magikb Click Here to Email magikb Click here to Send magikb a Private Message Add magikb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
How would I find that out Jay?
It doesn't show anything when I switch from one to another. It is just showing the normal home page, phone, browser and such..nothing else.

one of your side keys is a convenience key and will let you scroll through open apps...if not, i suggest you make one your app switcher by going into your settings and doing that

edit: n/m you're doing that already....what firmware are you using? (options>about)

Old Post Jul-07-2010 21:00  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click Here to Email LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jennē

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
one of your side keys is a convenience key and will let you scroll through open apps...if not, i suggest you make one your app switcher by going into your settings and doing that

edit: n/m you're doing that already....what firmware are you using? (options>about)

I'm using 4.6... and it says there are no other updates for my bb at the time. It checks for updates every time I plug it into my computer.

Old Post Jul-07-2010 21:41 
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
I'm using 4.6...

Damn that older OS being sketchy!

(thats what my pearl had too, alas)

Old Post Jul-07-2010 22:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jennē

quote:
Originally posted by Jem_hadar
Damn that older OS being sketchy!

(thats what my pearl had too, alas)

I have been reading up though a little from what I can find and apparently the Curves have this huge lagging and hesitation issues with bbm 5.0 but work just fine with the 4.5 or whatever the last one was. I don't know, maybe I should switch back to the older version and see what happens.

Old Post Jul-08-2010 01:18 
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
I'm using 4.6... and it says there are no other updates for my bb at the time. It checks for updates every time I plug it into my computer.

In Canada our providers release OS versions months and months and months after the rest of the world has got them....

the current version available for the 8900 is 5.0.0.554

you can get it here:
http://www.blackberrycool.com/2010/...h-mirror-links/

just make sure to delete the vendor.xml file after installing this on your PC so that desktop manager will find it and install the new OS on your phone when you plug it in afterwards.

Old Post Jul-08-2010 04:10  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click Here to Email LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jennē

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
In Canada our providers release OS versions months and months and months after the rest of the world has got them....

the current version available for the 8900 is 5.0.0.554

you can get it here:
http://www.blackberrycool.com/2010/...h-mirror-links/

just make sure to delete the vendor.xml file after installing this on your PC so that desktop manager will find it and install the new OS on your phone when you plug it in afterwards.

Awesome, thanks Liam!

Old Post Jul-08-2010 17:53 

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread