Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

Like this?

Last edited by corjay9 on Jan-11-2010 at 06:58

Old Post Jan-11-2010 06:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

I think he means something like this:

Old Post Jan-11-2010 09:19  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

Location: Behind a cup of tea and a Roland 303, TXTA # 93 (Zeshin)

quote:
Originally posted by meriter
one of our "locals" here knows whats up

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...0&forumid=81&s=

Thanks.

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=81&s=

Old Post Jan-12-2010 06:57  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sako487
Supreme tranceaddict

like this?

Old Post Jan-12-2010 08:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sako487 Click here to Send sako487 a Private Message Add sako487 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
supersaw abuse
a child, literally

benz & md are keeping it coming

Old Post Jan-12-2010 09:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for supersaw abuse Click here to Send supersaw abuse a Private Message Add supersaw abuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

Location: Behind a cup of tea and a Roland 303, TXTA # 93 (Zeshin)

I really wish Diggers would find a way to bring back the old Black label. Imo every release they did was dark prog gold. I think one major kill for the label was that the vinyl color scheme was black vinyl of course, with dark grey labels. Next to impossible to read in a dark club. Back in the vinyl day of course.Now in the digital era i don't see how it wouldn't be a win win situation for them. They could get let's say Erphun to do a dark brooding peak hour tech house belter (Which as stated earlier in the thread is the direction they're going these days) and just get some one like Guy J or some other Bedrock regular to do a prog remix. Then just hand it out to Cattaneo and maybe Lawler; gets dropped in a few sets and... boom! It sells like hot cakes.

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=81&s=

Old Post Jan-13-2010 03:46  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
coroknight
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron C.
I really wish Diggers would find a way to bring back the old Black label. Imo every release they did was dark prog gold. I think one major kill for the label was that the vinyl color scheme was black vinyl of course, with dark grey labels. Next to impossible to read in a dark club. Back in the vinyl day of course.Now in the digital era i don't see how it wouldn't be a win win situation for them. They could get let's say Erphun to do a dark brooding peak hour tech house belter (Which as stated earlier in the thread is the direction they're going these days) and just get some one like Guy J or some other Bedrock regular to do a prog remix. Then just hand it out to Cattaneo and maybe Lawler; gets dropped in a few sets and... boom! It sells like hot cakes.

Unfortunately these days Digweed is mostly into cold, soul-less techno and tech house.

ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Old Post Jan-13-2010 04:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for coroknight Click here to Send coroknight a Private Message Add coroknight to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lomeli
Mountain Thug

When I was into Prog I remember buying a lot of records from Vapour Recordings. Heavy bass with dark tones.

Old Post Jan-13-2010 04:37  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Lomeli Click here to Send Lomeli a Private Message Visit Lomeli's homepage! Add Lomeli to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

I was pretty obsessed with it at one point. I finally got it on vinyl a few weeks ago.

STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP

These too:

Last edited by enydo on Jan-13-2010 at 07:28

Old Post Jan-13-2010 05:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list enydo is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Hell yeah Medway. I love everything that man's done, and that Lexicon remix is great. I threw that track on my Dark Prog Halloween Mix last October

Old Post Jan-13-2010 06:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Lews is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nostalgic

Just recently discovered this mix by Lee Burridge from 2001, one of the best dark prog sets I've heard.

Lee Burridge - Live @ Spundae San Francisco (19.08.2001)-

01. Anterra - Distance (Greatest opening track ever)
02. ID
03. ID
04. Cass and Slide - Glad I Ate her
05. Lexicon Avenue - From Dusk Till Dawn
06. Filmpalast - I Want
07. Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon (Cass & Slide Remix)
08. Evolution - Walking on Fire (Original Mix)
09. Chemical Brothers - It Began In Afrika (accapella)
10. ID
11. ID
12. ID
13. ID
14. Iio - Rapture (Creamer & Stephane K remix)
15. Sasha - Xpander (Hybrid remix)
16. ID
17. Kings of Tomorrow feat. Julie mcknight - Finally
18. ID
19. PQM - You Are Sleeping (accapella)
19. Chemical Brothers - It Began In Afrika (accapella)
20. Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
21. ID

http://www.filefactory.com/file/agh..._-_19-08-01.mp3

Last edited by Nostalgic on Jan-13-2010 at 08:54

Old Post Jan-13-2010 08:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nostalgic Click here to Send Nostalgic a Private Message Add Nostalgic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

sick, thanks.

this too:

Old Post Jan-13-2010 08:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list enydo is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread