Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Does It Makes Me Less Of A Man If I Can't Work On Cars??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LoveHate

Does It Makes Me Less Of A Man If I Can't Work On Cars??

i know the ladies like machoism ,but when it comes to whips i'm clueless, I'm pretty sure i can change a flat and check fluids but that's about it. I will add I'm pretty handy around the house when i need to be. I have jus always taken the bus around the city and my expertise is more in computers and stuff like that.

Old Post Jul-27-2014 19:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Joss Weatherby
kinda retired...

Changing a flat tire, jumping, and checking/changing the basic fluids should be something every car owner knows. In a lot of countries it is even required to know to get your drivers license.

Old Post Jul-27-2014 20:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Joss Weatherby is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AnotherWay83
The B00b Maintenance Guy™

bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks ya'll

Old Post Jul-27-2014 22:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for AnotherWay83 Click here to Send AnotherWay83 a Private Message Add AnotherWay83 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

Before anything else, you're confusing 'macho' with 'masculine,' the latter being a far more desirable quality than the puerile former, and I think you'll find most (grown) women to agree with this. That said, your very question is an embodiment of machoism and all its underlying insecurities- the fear of being seen as less of a man, and the need to do something in order to justify being one. Masculinity has much more to do with confidence in yourself than it does with forcing yourself into a particular skill set.

That said, should you break down with a date in the car, always pop the hood and pretend as though you know what you're looking at; maybe make a few clanking noises against something solid, ask her to 'try is now?,' and when it doesn't start, announce that it's within your power to fix it, but your trusty 3,000 piece toolset is at home (which you'll later amend to 'with a friend whom I lent it to, and that's the last time I'm ever gonna do something like that, especially since he already owes me 20 bucks').

Last edited by Paradox Lost on Jul-28-2014 at 00:11

Old Post Jul-27-2014 23:23  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

I think the idea of "masculinity" is basically meaningless once it is divorced from "macho" and other traditional conceptions about gender roles. What is "masculine" these days in an avowedly always-trying-to-be-less-sexist society? "Has ample upper body muscle and can repair engines?"

Identifying masculinity with more abstract qualities like "strength" or "self-confidence" or whatever other positive quality always leaves one open to the rejoinder, "What, are you saying women don't have those qualities?" And that's just the problem. It's not so consistent to get rid of gender essentialism while continuing to make use of the categories it spawned.

Old Post Yesterday 01:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Vector A is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Supreme tranceaddict

it only matters if you can do cock push ups

Old Post Yesterday 06:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
I think the idea of "masculinity" is basically meaningless once it is divorced from "macho" and other traditional conceptions about gender roles.

I don't think Paradox is divorcing his definition of "masculinity" from traditional gender conceptions, but rather defining "macho" as being essentially rooted in insecurity, the constant worry about being manly enough and the consequent over-compensation. Despite what Internet hyper-liberals would have you believe, most people in the world still believe in the ideas of masculinity and femininity to some degree, and that doesn't automatically make you sexist, patriarchal or oppressive.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Yesterday 13:20  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

Re: Does It Makes Me Less Of A Man If I Can't Work On Cars??

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
i know the ladies like machoism ,but when it comes to whips i'm clueless...

What do whips have to do with cars?

Old Post Yesterday 13:48  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Does It Makes Me Less Of A Man If I Can't Work On Cars??
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread