Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > John Digweed live at Axis, Boston, 28-07-1997
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nostalgic

John Digweed live at Axis, Boston, 28-07-1997

Not sure if anyone caught this one but on Digweed's Transitions 300th show last week he played an old recorded set from 1997 that was never released before.

I thought it was easily among the best Digweed sets ever recorded. The different genres/sounds he used in this set was unlike any other set I heard from him.

01. ID
02. ID
03. BT - Remember (BT Blue Memory Dub)
04. Charly Brown - Freaked Out
05. Mariah Carey - Honey (Morales Dub)
06. Alababa 3 - Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness (Self Preservation Society Cained Club Mix)
07. Smashing Pumpkins - The End Is The Beginning Is The End (Rabbit In The Moon's Infinite Madness Mix)
08. ID
09. ID
10. ID
11. ID
12. Digital Monkeys - Billy Moog
13. Pink Bomb - Purple Kush
14. ID
15. Lustral - Everytime (Nalin & Kane Remix)
16. LSG - Fragile (Part 2)
17. ID
18. ID
19. ID
20. ID
21. ID
22. ID
23. ID

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Old Post Jun-07-2010 17:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nostalgic Click here to Send Nostalgic a Private Message Add Nostalgic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Oh nice, thanks for sharing.

Old Post Jun-07-2010 17:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nostalgic

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Oh nice, thanks for sharing.

NP, you won't be disappointed.

Old Post Jun-07-2010 17:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nostalgic Click here to Send Nostalgic a Private Message Add Nostalgic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infiniteJEST
solipsist sitcom

Old Post Jun-07-2010 17:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for infiniteJEST Click here to Send infiniteJEST a Private Message Add infiniteJEST to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PSi
Come to Daddy

thanks.

Old Post Jun-07-2010 18:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for PSi Click here to Send PSi a Private Message Add PSi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infiniteJEST
solipsist sitcom

Here's another upload of the show in 192 kbps, as opposed to OP's VBR which balances out at 149 (probably just my head but it sounds muddy to me, the bass line doesn't 'oomph').

It's split into two parts (the first link at least, the one from Hotfile), but cuts off the last track Digweed plays after he says thanks for listening to the show.

http://mixing.dj/2010/05/28/john-di...dio-28-05-2010/

P.S. that mix of Remember is badass. It actually like this version

Old Post Jun-07-2010 19:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for infiniteJEST Click here to Send infiniteJEST a Private Message Add infiniteJEST to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The opening track is really lush. Would love an ID on that one.

EDIT: This whole set is fucking gold. Really deep, groovy and trancey, builds up really nicely and the mixing is smooth as fuck. I just wish Diggers would stop trying to sell me his compilation/tour/label throughout.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Jun-07-2010 at 22:08

Old Post Jun-07-2010 20:39  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nostalgic

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
The opening track is really lush. Would love an ID on that one.

EDIT: This whole set is fucking gold. Really deep, groovy and trancey, builds up really nicely and the mixing is smooth as fuck. I just wish Diggers would stop trying to sell me his compilation/tour/label throughout.

Haha true those interruptions were pretty annoying, but yeah absolutely agree with everything you said. The first hour to me was the best part of the set, where he was laying down what seemed to be deep houseish tunes.

Old Post Jun-07-2010 22:15  United States
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks for sharing this.

Old Post Jun-08-2010 00:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Nice one, thanks for sharing

Old Post Jun-08-2010 01:14  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

Nice!

RIP Axis/Avalon.

Old Post Jun-08-2010 01:57  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Blue Memory Dub has always been the only mix of Remember I like. Downloading

Old Post Jun-08-2010 04:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > John Digweed live at Axis, Boston, 28-07-1997
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (16): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown track from Judge Jules live @ Gatecrasher 17/06/2000 [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDavid Forbes - Questions Must Be Asked (Magica Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread