Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Euphoria's Interview Thread (Updates: Funkerman, Daniel Wanrooy, Redroche, Kyau & Albert)
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by osterzone
I always wondered...how do you conduct your interviews with guys that are currently not in the states? Do you do it via email? Or Skype or something?

My interviews are done in one of three ways.... in person which is preferable, over the phone, or through email.

For phone interviews... the artist's call me at home at set time that I schedule with them. I put the phone on speaker and lock myself in a quiet room and place a digital recorder next to the phone. I then transpose the interview from audio to text (which is the time consuming part).

For artist's that are on tour or extremely busy they are completed through email and submitted to me whenever they have time.

Every artist is different. Some are not willing to conduct email interviews, and only accept in person or phone interviews etc.

Old Post Aug-26-2010 17:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
osterzone
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
My interviews are done in one of three ways.... in person which is preferable, over the phone, or through email.

For phone interviews... the artist's call me at home at set time that I schedule with them. I put the phone on speaker and lock myself in a quiet room and place a digital recorder next to the phone. I then transpose the interview from audio to text (which is the time consuming part).

For artist's that are on tour or extremely busy they are completed through email and submitted to me whenever they have time.

Every artist is different. Some are not willing to conduct email interviews, and only accept in person or phone interviews etc.

So they call you from an international phone to your lan line?

I agree with you though, anything in-person is the best.

For phone stuff, this is a good (and cheap) investment that you might fine useful (you can use this to get HQ sound recordings from any phone and you don't have to be in a quiet room):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000G...82840271&sr=8-1

Old Post Aug-26-2010 17:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for osterzone Click here to Send osterzone a Private Message Add osterzone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by osterzone
So they call you from an international phone to your lan line?

I agree with you though, anything in-person is the best.

For phone stuff, this is a good (and cheap) investment that you might fine useful (you can use this to get HQ sound recordings from any phone and you don't have to be in a quiet room):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000G...82840271&sr=8-1

Yep, I sure ain't paying for the international calls haha I do have unlimited calling within the U.S. so if they were somewhere in the states I wouldn't mind.

The recorder looks interesting, not sure how it would work tho. Where does it record to? It looks like it's only a mic. It's all good tho it's only me, the hubby, and my son in the house and when I tell them I am doing an interview they keep it down.

Old Post Aug-26-2010 20:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
osterzone
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Yep, I sure ain't paying for the international calls haha I do have unlimited calling within the U.S. so if they were somewhere in the states I wouldn't mind.

The recorder looks interesting, not sure how it would work tho. Where does it record to? It looks like it's only a mic. It's all good tho it's only me, the hubby, and my son in the house and when I tell them I am doing an interview they keep it down.

You plug it in your outbound mic jack and then put it into your ear like an earbud. Then you can talk on the phone normally and it records the conversation while you're listening through the phone.

It looks like this (imagine the earbud in your ear):

Old Post Aug-26-2010 20:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for osterzone Click here to Send osterzone a Private Message Add osterzone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

http://www.ElectronicNightLife.com

Electronic Night Life is pleased to bring you a follow-up interview with Richard Durand after his first boat party in New York presented by Massive Event. Let’s see how the gig went…

How was your boat party in New York?

Richard Durand: It was really amazing! I was well rested before heading off to the gig, and the weather was perfect for a boat party. When I arrived at the dock, there was already a long queue of party people. It was a super atmosphere the whole afternoon and into the evening.

How does performing on a boat differ from a club, in your opinion?

Durand: I always think that special places like a boat are more fun. The whole idea of sailing off with the crowd is very nice. In this case, it was also good to see that trance is alive-and-well in New York.

How has the feedback been, thus far, in regards to the In Search Of Sunrise 8 - South Africa compilation?

Durand: Luckily, it’s been very good. Because trance fans are very loyal to their favorite DJs, I wasn’t expecting such a positive reaction, since I don’t get to play New York as often as I would like. The crowd has been very open to the track selection on the CD. I’m looking forward to the series continuing every year.

How does the forecast look for the following edition to the compilation?

Durand: Because of the success of this release, I’m excited to start working on the next episode! Black Hole Recordings is deciding the details.

What are some of the highlights of your North American tour?

Durand: This past weekend was the first of the North American leg of my tour. The Massive Event boat party was very nice, but to be honest, all the gigs were special in their own way. I was surprised that also so many people came out to see me on a Thursday in Calgary, and on a Sunday in Vancouver.

What is your favorite type of cuisine?

Durand: That is an easy question. I love Asian food! This I can eat all day long.

In your travels, I would imagine that you have experienced some excellent restaurants. Which are your favorites?

Durand: Most of the time, I look for the smaller, less luxurious restaurants. I prefer to try the restaurants where the locals eat. Those are the best!

What else did you do while you were in New York, besides performing? Did you have a chance to take in any of the sights and sounds?

Durand: Because of the heavy travel schedule, there was no time for visiting the city this time, unfortunately. But, I have been in NYC a lot of times already, and I love the people and atmosphere. It is a bit like my home town of Amsterdam, very free and open-minded.

What are the upsides and downsides of being famous?

Durand: It is, of course, very nice that people know you at the places where you are performing. But I don’t know if you can call me famous. Luckily, people don’t recognize me in the streets. In general, I don’t think that DJs are that high-profile in terms of other celebrities.

How important is communication with your fans, as well as crowd interactions during performances? Can you explain some of the reasons why?

Durand: Contact with your fans and the crowd is very, very important! I think that it is very important that there are people who make the effort to pay to go see your gigs. It’s important, but I also love to get in contact with the crowd. I always take some time to speak to people at the parties.

What do you have planned for the remainder of the year?

Durand: I’m busy producing new tracks and music. I always am! [laughs] We are planning for the release of a new album, but that takes a long time to produce, and the summer months are very busy with outdoor festivals and touring ‘round the globe.

Do you have any other comments for our readers?

Durand: Well, the U.S. and Canada treated me very nicely, this year. I started off last year with only a few small gigs, and this year, I’ve already played a few more great events. I would like to thank my fans for this. Without them, I could not do this.

http://www.richarddurand.com/
http://www.blackholerecordings.com/

(Photo credit: Black Hole)

Old Post Sep-01-2010 15:12  United States
euphoria

Electric Zoo Special Feature: Interview with Markus Schulz

http://www.electronicnightlife.com/

Just under one week away from the second annual Electric Zoo Festival on Randall's Island Electronic Night Life bring's you a special feature from Electric Zoo performer Markus Schulz.

Did you enjoy your Coldharbour Day Event?

Markus: Yes I really enjoyed it… I don’t think the whole day could have gone any better really. With all the craziness that goes on every year I think it’s really great to have the opportunity to really focus on the label, spotlight it some, and maybe while we’re doing it take a little time to think about what direction it’s going in. It coincided near-perfectly with the 100th release and a fair few other happenings – it was a bit of a ‘planet alignment’ thing actually!

What was the best part?

Markus: The best part about it, well, let me see… I certainly really enjoyed the opportunity of putting together a longer set than I would usually play on the radio. Mine ran for 4 hours, which is double what I usually get to do on a GDJB World Tour set, and that affords you much greater range of music. I also feel that it was really cool that we were able to partner up with AHFM for it. They were reporting a blockbuster listenership for it on the day – a new record for them I believe – so that was really cool to hear.

What are some of the reasons you chose certain artists to perform along with you for the Coldharbour Day Event?

Markus: All of the DJs and producers that played on the day they have in some way strongly influenced and/or been instrumental in the direction Coldharbour has taken over the course of the last six years. If you look at lineup you'll be up to see all those names are very much a part of the Coldharbour family.

How did the kick off go for Summer of Schulz?

Markus: Coldharbour Day was our launch event… We then followed it up with the release of Coldharbour 100 – my ‘Perception’ track on August 3rd and then a solo set at Amnesia the week before last.

How did you Summer residency at Amnesia come about?

Markus: It was through a number of factors really… Firstly and foremost though I’m signed to Armada and have had a strong connection with Armin for many years now. He was the one that stepped up and said: “heh, you have a really good sound, come and be part of what we’re doing”. It was through him that I started playing at the Armada night 3 years ago and last week I performed my second all-night, start-to-finish set there. To be do that, to hold a crowd that big and intense for 7hrs is a proper trip!

Your next single off of the Do You Dream album will be “Perception” along with vocalist Justine Suissa. Can you tell us what it’s like to work with her?

Markus: Working with Justine was absolutely fantastic, something that I've been wanting to do for a long, long time now. I’ve loved her voice for what seems like forever and became more and more convinced over the last couple of years, that when it came time to do my version of Cass & Slide’s anthem, that she should be the one to sing it.

Of course you know about the tragic events that occurred at Love Parade in Germany. Being a German born DJ, how did you react to this news?

With horror, just the same as everybody else… You just never imagine that you’re going to wake up in the morning and by afternoon hearing news as awful as that. To be honest I was a bit mad, because we trust the organizers to make sure that everyone including the talent, fans and clubbers are safe.

How do you think that festival organizers can prevent situations such as this from happening in the future?

Markus: Well it is very easy indeed, with the benefit of hindsight to be able to say this, that or any number of things should have happened. I think it’s quite clear that to have a festival where there is only one major entry point has to be fundamental flaw. I think maybe more people need to be involved in safety planning in festivals.

What is your opinion on recent increase of hip-hop / R&B to Electronic dance music crossover tracks?

Honestly I don't think very much of it... It’s like trying to push a square block through a round hole. A triumph of marketing over actual music making, it all seems very hollow to me… There’s clearly seems to be something of a market for it though!

Which artists do you predict will be making some very big waves in the coming months?

Markus: Rex Mundi is one of my guys who has made himself a hero in the past couple of years due to his releases on Coldharbour. He is so talented and every production sounds so different and fresh. I'd definitely love to spend lots of time in the studio collaborating on ideas with him.

Are you working on anything else that you would like to tell us about?

Markus: I’m always have to step careful here, as I’m always given warning looks by the team when answering questions like this! Let’s just say that in October/November I’m going to be releasing something that will be an absolute first for Markus Schulz… and I’m very excited about it!

Do you have any comments for your fans?

Markus: Thanks for the support and if you guys are going to Electric Zoo next month, I look forward to seeing you there!

http://www.markusschulz.com/
http://www.myspace.com/markusschulz

Old Post Sep-01-2010 15:19  United States
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

A lot of work and effort! Thanks Z for such great commitment.

Old Post Sep-01-2010 15:24  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

Ah hem. Mr. Markus needs to do a GDJB World Tour of some sorts.

Like... yesterday. An actual tour - not like.. playing 2 hours of a set from somewhere.

I want to hear goodies from early gdjb and now. K thanks.

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Sep-01-2010 15:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
Ah hem. Mr. Markus needs to do a GDJB World Tour of some sorts.

Like... yesterday. An actual tour - not like.. playing 2 hours of a set from somewhere.

I want to hear goodies from early gdjb and now. K thanks.

Didn't he just do like a 6-7 hour set at Pacha that was broadcasted on GDJB like back in May?

Well, with him playing at EZ he prob won't be back for a lengthier set until Winter I presume.

Old Post Sep-01-2010 15:55  United States
hitokiri
Jugulatin Foos Everywhere

good interview with markus i def liked his take on hiphop an electronica for i feel the same way

check out my radio show Harmonic Dissonance every 4th Monday of the month at 15:00 EST on ETN.FM
*** upcoming gigs***
TBA

Old Post Sep-01-2010 20:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hitokiri Click Here to Email hitokiri Click here to Send hitokiri a Private Message Visit hitokiri's homepage! Add hitokiri to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

quote:
Didn't he just do like a 6-7 hour set at Pacha that was broadcasted on GDJB like back in May?

Well, with him playing at EZ he prob won't be back for a lengthier set until Winter I presume.
yeah but i mean - like FLASHBACK gdjb early days too.

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Sep-01-2010 21:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
amberella06
Supreme tranceaddict

great interview w/ markus! looking forward to october/november and whatever he's got up his sleeve...

Old Post Sep-01-2010 22:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for amberella06 Click here to Send amberella06 a Private Message Add amberella06 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Euphoria's Interview Thread (Updates: Funkerman, Daniel Wanrooy, Redroche, Kyau & Albert)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread