Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone ever book SF native Max Vangeli?
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
josbalstr
Senior tranceaddict

Why doesn't anyone ever book SF native Max Vangeli?

the guy is on fire right now and he's out of SF, yet no one here ever seems to book him?

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item...ns-max-vangeli/

Old Post Sep-13-2010 00:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for josbalstr Click here to Send josbalstr a Private Message Add josbalstr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

He was there at Rudy Sky when Laidback Luke played, but he didn't play him self...

Old Post Sep-13-2010 03:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rizo
rizoholic

he played at vessel late last year

Old Post Sep-13-2010 05:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for rizo Click here to Send rizo a Private Message Add rizo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Randy S
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm a fan

OPEN HOUSE PODCAST

Subscribe for free in iTunes!
Check out Randy on Beatport
Website - Soundcloud - Facebook - Youtube

Old Post Sep-13-2010 05:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Randy S Click here to Send Randy S a Private Message Visit Randy S's homepage! Add Randy S to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

I think more know AN21 than Max.

Old Post Sep-13-2010 06:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Andrieux
Machine

He fucking sucks and there are a lot of SF locals that would agree with me on this one. Having to hear him open for headliners at Vessel is torture. On numerous occasions we've been to Vessel for the vodka specials before 11pm and was forced to listen to Max open, and every single time his beatmatching was off and horrific transitions where one song would end and he would just jumble into the next song like no one was listening. This wasn't just a one time occurrence, but multiple venues, multiple dates, heard from multiple people around the scene. I thought he was just some shitty SF local bedroom DJ, but it was just recently (last month) I found out who he was and his productions. I will now go out of my way to make sure I am no where near where he is playing.

And this is just a rant on his DJ "talent", let's not even begin what a fucking douche this guy is. One of the worst in SF.

Old Post Sep-13-2010 17:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Andrieux Click here to Send Andrieux a Private Message Visit Andrieux's homepage! Add Andrieux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Old Post Sep-13-2010 18:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LYNDSAYwhaaat?
www.DjLyndsay.com

Oh Matt....

I know Max, he's actually a nice kid. But ya, he was doing smaller gigs around SF years back and played some SUPER cheese, and he is a pretty bad DJ. But he's got good energy, and it wasn't until recently I came across the fact he made it to top 10 on beatports prog charts. I def don't go out of my way to go see him play though More power to him though on his productions... hopefully he's crossed over from the whack ass music he used to play.

(Matt... shhh shhhh setttttle down now... )

Old Post Sep-13-2010 19:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LYNDSAYwhaaat? Click here to Send LYNDSAYwhaaat? a Private Message Visit LYNDSAYwhaaat?'s homepage! Add LYNDSAYwhaaat? to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by Andrieux

Wow I have never seen you like this...

I kinda dig it!!

Old Post Sep-13-2010 19:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
2tall
~!@#$%^&*

quote:
Originally posted by Andrieux
He fucking sucks and there are a lot of SF locals that would agree with me on this one.

i didn't comment earlier on this thread because i knew someone would say it better.

i think this is one of the instances where he was at the right place at the right time and the talents are just passable enough to get him by. in this case, steve angello hooked up his brother AN21, then the two of them were looking to grow their own talent pool, so they happened to hang out with max and took him on, and once your in that circle you can often BS your way around. by then you have access to lots of decent material to remix, the you remix tiesto's crappiest track ever, but at least your name is attached to that, and then you get the bookings based on that, etc.

i'd take it if it fell into my lap like that. what do i care... while you guys bitch here on TA "i'm flying to ibiza in tiesto's private jet with max and an21" <--- paraphrasing angello's twitter from last week

Old Post Sep-13-2010 20:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 2tall Click here to Send 2tall a Private Message Visit 2tall's homepage! Add 2tall to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rizo
rizoholic

lol matt

Old Post Sep-13-2010 20:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for rizo Click here to Send rizo a Private Message Add rizo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Why doesn't anyone ever book SF native Max Vangeli?

quote:
Originally posted by josbalstr
the guy is on fire right now and he's out of SF, yet no one here ever seems to book him?

umm...

Thursday, September 16, 2010
Thursday Glow@Lima w/ MAX VANGELI
@ Lima Restaurant & Lounge | Washington, DC

hope he doesnt wreck too much and kill this party.

Old Post Sep-14-2010 00:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone ever book SF native Max Vangeli?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackhelp ID happy tune [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMac J - "Nightware" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread