Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Movement: 8 part trance mix from 1992+
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Evolve140
Only Sidechaining a Bit

im a poser woser.

Old Post Nov-10-2010 09:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Evolve140 Click here to Send Evolve140 a Private Message Add Evolve140 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Daegal_Brain
tranceaddict

Edit: Updated download link

Hi all

Massive delay from me in getting this next part recorded, its a bit longer than all the others at just over 2 hours, and has a but more trickery with the mixing.

First up, the link:

[URL=http://soundcloud.com/daegal/daegal-brain-movement-part-4[/URL]

Tracklisting

The Olmec Heads - Spiritualised (1999)
Andy Ling - Fixation (1999)
Arrakis - Aira Force (1998)
Fire & Ice - Neverending melody (1999)
Vimana - We Came (1999)
The Art of Trance - Madagascar (1999)
Freestate - Different Ways (2000)
Digger - Church of Ra (1999)
Push - Universal Nation (Ferry Corsten mix)(1999)
Binary Finary - 1999 (1999)
That Airscape remix (1999)
Digger - Nanuki (1999)
Gigolo - Al Paradis (Matt Darey Remix (1999)
Transa - Supernova (1999)
Running out of the blue (Vinyl 'mash up')
Pablo Gargano - Trance in Saigon (1997)
Skynet UK – Open the floodgates (1999)
Cherrymoontrax - In My Electric House (1996)
Blue Planet Corperation - Overbloody flood (1993)

Once again this is 90% vinyl with a the odd cd and a sampler to help with tricks.

A few notes about the tracks:

Big thanks to Alex Buck for reminding me about Andy Ling a few years back, wow has that tune not aged at all, and likewise Markus for Arrakis which I almost don't dare play anywhere because its so your track on the London circuit. After that this goes into a few of my 'weapon' tunes, Vimana is an almighty masterpiece from Tiesto and Ferry before they got too big to keep working together. Fire and Ice...wow...Neverending Melody for me is perhaps one of the all time greats. Its sad. But yet massively, massively euphoric....a really superbly judged piece that just keeps creeping up on you with its huge classical undertones to it.

I've also included 2 tunes by Digger which are on the same 12 and probably one of the most wanted bits of trance from any Dj who knows their stuff. Took me years to get this and it was a birthday gift which has to be about the best present ever! How can this be one record - Church of Ra is a big Corsten-eque hands in the air track whilst 'Nanuki' uses a subtle trible chant with some immaculately contained chords to hook you in - just outstanding. As the mix moves into the 2nd half A lesser known Matt Darey here with a hypnotic harmonica sample from an old 60s TV show thats taken me a long time to acquire (and thanks to a fellow TA as well). A few harder tunes nearer the end - I wasn't sure about putting 'In my electric house' on as its basically a rave anthem more than trance but its a classic uplifting tune and hopefully brings back a few memories. Finally an old psy trance rarity from Blue Planet Corperation to end. 18 years old and still sounding supurb.

Thanks for checking this out and feel free to post feedback, or abuse

Last edited by Daegal_Brain on Jul-23-2012 at 23:35

Old Post Feb-14-2011 21:40  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Daegal_Brain Click Here to Email Daegal_Brain Click here to Send Daegal_Brain a Private Message Visit Daegal_Brain's homepage! Add Daegal_Brain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

Hell yes! Downloading. Tracklist looks interesting

Will probably listen tonight. Cheers!

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Mar-11-2011 21:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click Here to Email Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Thumbs up

Damn, these look really tastey. Grabbing them all. Thanks

Old Post Mar-12-2011 06:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Just listened to part 4.
Awesome work dude, especially the final was kick-ass in your face euphoric Trance like I love it.
And lol at "That Airscape Remix"

You say there'll be 4 more parts?
Can't wait for those, hurry up man!

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Last edited by Meat187 on Mar-14-2011 at 19:30

Old Post Mar-14-2011 16:26  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Daegal_Brain
tranceaddict

Cheers all!

Part5 is slowly underway but probably a month away or more in all honesty

"And lol at "That Airscape Remix"

hehehe

Old Post Mar-22-2011 21:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Daegal_Brain Click Here to Email Daegal_Brain Click here to Send Daegal_Brain a Private Message Visit Daegal_Brain's homepage! Add Daegal_Brain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ5OH
Junior tranceaddict

massive tunes

Old Post Mar-23-2011 14:48  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ5OH Click here to Send DJ5OH a Private Message Add DJ5OH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sandsider
Supreme tranceaddict

Another classy set from your good self . An absolute belter , many thanks.

Old Post Mar-26-2011 09:16  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Sandsider Click here to Send Sandsider a Private Message Add Sandsider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tszodie
tranceaddict in training

Can not wait good sir .. But I will, quality takes time so take yours

Old Post Mar-27-2011 04:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for tszodie Click here to Send tszodie a Private Message Visit tszodie's homepage! Add tszodie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Daegal_Brain
tranceaddict

Part 5 of this series moves into the naughties loosely covering tracks from 2000 – 2002, with all the usual samples and a bit of trickery. Once again a mostly vinyl based set.

To kick things off, there is an intro mash up featuring Annie Lennox (And Jim Morrison, just for kicks) who has an incredibly powerful and haunting voice. When teamed up with remix maestro’s Gabriel & Dresden, they produced a timeless progressive-vocal trancer: “A Thousand Beautiful Things” which I’ve mixed back into a number of tunes in this set. This is followed by an early production from Kuffdam & Plant - “When I’m missing you” is not as quick as their more recent productions and I just love the drifty nature of this tune. You’ll hear more from these guys in part 6. James Holden and the ITWT label then follow with what are essentially strong filler tunes before we head more into anthems thanks to Tiesto.

Monkey Forrest deserves a special mention as one of the best tunes out, doesn’t sound a day old after 8 odd years since the first release and these two ITWT release here I think were their best, for me at least. Top tune on here for me is the just epic Fire & Ice “Lost Emotions 2001.” This was always a weapon for me in my record bag as I never heard anyone play this until the Bryan Kearney remix came out far more recently. Honourable mention as well to Mat Silver for his super crisp “Blue skies” which was the debut release on Above the Sky Records. “Memories” also features which is on the flipside. A spot of trance trivia for you: The vocals in both are from Mat Silver’s wife. You’ll be hearing plenty more from Above The Sky in the parts that follow.

As the mix heads toward its climax I slipped in another lesser played Matt Darey remix: “Rise” which is definitely one to play your friend if they’ve just split up with their girlfriend/boyfriend...ditto “troubled soul” which became a local anthem at London trance night “Knowhere” I used play at regularly – had to put that in for you guys! We then tail off into Seven Cities to leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling I hope!

Thanks for listening, and check out previous 4 parts if you haven’t already. Part 6 in a couple of months.

Tracklisting

Aria – Dido (2000)
Annie Lennox - A Thousand Beautiful Things (Gabrielle & Dresden Remix) (2003)
Kuffdam & Plant - when I'm missing you (2003)
Accadia - Into the Dawn (James Holden Remix) (2001)
King of Clubs - Revelation (2001)
Paul Oakenfold – Southern Sun (Tiesto mix) (2002)
Moby – Extreme Ways (Tiesto mix) (2002)
Midway – Monkey Forrest (2002)
Moogwai – Viola (2000)
Push - Strange World (2000 remake) (2000)
Moon Project - Moments are forever (2001)
Fire & Ice - Lost Emotions 2001
Matt Silver - Blue Skys (2000)
DJ Air - Alone with me (Flutlicht mix) (2002)
Mass Effect - Alphascan (2002)
Matt Silver - Memories (1999)
Gabrielle - Rise (Matt Dary remix) (2000)
Lamai - Troubled Soul (2001)
Solarstone - Seven Cities (Solarstone 2002 remake)

2 options to download:

http://www.mixdepot.net/DaegalBrain/MovementPart5

http://soundcloud.com/daegal/daegal-brain-movement-pt5

Length: 130:11
Size: 297.97 MB

Old Post Jul-20-2011 21:14  United Kingdom
Sandsider
Supreme tranceaddict

Thumbs up

I have been giving this series a lot of listening time lately , this addition is greatly appreciated. You are a star, sir. Many thanks.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 07:53  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Sandsider Click here to Send Sandsider a Private Message Add Sandsider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Daegal_Brain
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sandsider
I have been giving this series a lot of listening time lately , this addition is greatly appreciated. You are a star, sir. Many thanks.

Thanks very much mate very kind! I cant quite figure out how to end this at the moment...part 8 might go back to the start!

But anyway thats for later

Old Post Jul-21-2011 21:50  United Kingdom

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Movement: 8 part trance mix from 1992+
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread