Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > New TOTA Car Thread
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Euphorica
You dont run 94 juice?

sti trans. oh you are fine. bang away
what are you using to tune?
open source? (romraider ftw)

and yes the nissan gtr. booooring ..and ugly

nah...ran 94 for the longest time...i got piss poor gas mileage and the difference in power was marginable at best

to be honest - i use 91 shell v-power and i get waaaay better gas mileage and the power output is the same - just have to be a bit more careful not to advance timing too much at peak tq so i dont detonate due to the lower threshold properties with 91oct

open source/romraider to tune and ecuflash to upload it to the ecu...total cost? $0 and fun tuning myself!! aem wideband to keep a close eye on my AFRs - currently leaned out to 11.2:0 at wide open throttle, full boost (~18psi) at 3200rpm so she boogies!

Old Post Oct-28-2010 04:08  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click Here to Email PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
Originally posted by cammaxwell
Man, I used to LOVE going to the track several years ago. Hit Cayuga, Shannonville, and Mosport regularly for sure. I even had my own track bike:

I did the FAST school at Shannonville. What a blast that was!!!

I also crashed my bike the first time I was on a track at Mosport. Turn two is bad ass...

Lol at the crash happening on a parade lap!!!!

I can't wait to buy my next bike. I have total authorization from the wife. But I'm leaning away from a full sport bike though...

Maybe a Monster??

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Oct-29-2010 00:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze
nah...ran 94 for the longest time...i got piss poor gas mileage and the difference in power was marginable at best

to be honest - i use 91 shell v-power and i get waaaay better gas mileage and the power output is the same - just have to be a bit more careful not to advance timing too much at peak tq so i dont detonate due to the lower threshold properties with 91oct

I used to run Sunoco 94 for the longest time...

Then one day I tried Petro Can's 91 and the consumption difference was 60-80 km's more per tank!!!

I never went back to 94...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Oct-29-2010 00:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euphorica
Next level beats

quote:

open source/romraider to tune and ecuflash to upload it to the ecu...total cost? $0 and fun tuning myself!! aem wideband to keep a close eye on my AFRs - currently leaned out to 11.2:0 at wide open throttle, full boost (~18psi) at 3200rpm so she boogies!
ya i like v power for the extra clicks per tank(no ethanol).

but boosted id want that extra wiggle room in octane

good stuff with rom raider etc. Reflashed my bros car(04 sti) with it and my g/fs car(05 sti). My bro added more mods and decided to pay for a tune..even though we have the tactrix and the open source stuff. lol ah well.
you on toronto subaru club?

funny you got more mileage on 91 petro , vdub... its got ethanol in it so that doesnt make much sense...maybe you switched after winter?

Old Post Oct-29-2010 08:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cammaxwell
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by VDub
I did the FAST school at Shannonville. What a blast that was!!!

I also crashed my bike the first time I was on a track at Mosport. Turn two is bad ass...

Lol at the crash happening on a parade lap!!!!

I can't wait to buy my next bike. I have total authorization from the wife. But I'm leaning away from a full sport bike though...

Maybe a Monster??

Yeah, I did the Fast school too (1 & 2). I've gone down on the track, but never at Mosport. It such a fast track that when you go down, you get HURT! That was always the crappy part of track days there, you would head out and after a couple of laps someone would crash and you would get stuck out in the heat while they cleaned up the mess.

I've seriously considered getting another bike as well, but I think I'll stay away from the sports bikes this time. With a family now, I don't need the risk OR the tickets! I've been considering building a chopper or something like that, maybe a fun winter project...

Old Post Oct-29-2010 14:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for cammaxwell Click here to Send cammaxwell a Private Message Visit cammaxwell's homepage! Add cammaxwell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
funny you got more mileage on 91 petro , vdub... its got ethanol in it so that doesnt make much sense...maybe you switched after winter?

Not sure when it was but it was years ago...

I don't get it either but that's just what my car liked...

What sucks is having to feed the Touareg the 91. 100L tank plus brutal V8 thirst...

I didn't know that ethanol burned more fuel...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Oct-29-2010 15:30 
Euphorica
Next level beats

lol v8 toureg. wtf you need that turd for?
to burn a bigger hole in your wallet?

lol yes ethanol has less energy...thus you require more of it.

thats why on e85 you get horrid mileage...but its got a higher resistance to detonation so you can make a lot more tq/hp(run more timing)

our gas only has up to 10% ethanol...but it definitely nets you about 50 km less per tank.

thats why I like the shell v power(91). no ethanol. I think its the only gas left here we can get with no ethanol.

Old Post Oct-29-2010 20:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
lol v8 toureg. wtf you need that turd for?
to burn a bigger hole in your wallet?

lol yes ethanol has less energy...thus you require more of it.

thats why on e85 you get horrid mileage...but its got a higher resistance to detonation so you can make a lot more tq/hp(run more timing)

our gas only has up to 10% ethanol...but it definitely nets you about 50 km less per tank.

thats why I like the shell v power(91). no ethanol. I think its the only gas left here we can get with no ethanol.

Buddy my Treg is a thing of beauty...

It looks incredible, is luxurious, and drives like a champ...

You put that bitch in sport and it will smoke most cars on the road..

Plus, it goes through anything..... um... including gas...It's only downfall...

I am going to try a tank of V Power next fill up and see what kind of mileage I can get...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Oct-29-2010 21:46 
malek
drinks your milkshake!

quote:
Originally posted by VDub
Buddy my Treg is a thing of beauty...

It looks incredible, is luxurious, and drives like a champ...

You put that bitch in sport and it will smoke most cars on the road..

Plus, it goes through anything..... um... including gas...It's only downfall...

I am going to try a tank of V Power next fill up and see what kind of mileage I can get...

Just curious, whats your real L/100km in the city?

Old Post Oct-30-2010 03:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for malek Click here to Send malek a Private Message Visit malek's homepage! Add malek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

lol prob like 18L/100km

Old Post Oct-30-2010 06:27  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click Here to Email PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
malek
drinks your milkshake!

quote:
lol prob like 18L/100km

not that bad

Old Post Oct-30-2010 07:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for malek Click here to Send malek a Private Message Visit malek's homepage! Add malek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
lol prob like 18L/100km

Not that bad...

More like 12...

And my VR avgs about 9...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Oct-30-2010 14:00 

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > New TOTA Car Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread