Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > New TOTA Car Thread
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Playa24_7
Uh oh! Music!

quote:
Originally posted by love_child
Volkswagen Group owns both Audi and Lamborghini, some of the R8 is shared with the Lamborghini Gallardo, including some of the chassis and floorpan, door handle mechanisms, transmissions, and the revised V10 engine. The R8 V10 uses a 5.2 litre FSI engine, based on the unit in the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

Yeah I know but it's still not the same car to me, I hate the R8 personally, but that's me. I've always had a thing for a Gallardo I guess, one of my favs

Old Post Nov-06-2010 15:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Playa24_7 Click here to Send Playa24_7 a Private Message Add Playa24_7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Playa24_7
Uh oh! Music!

quote:
Originally posted by VDub

I advised him to just get the R8 V10 and save some money for the same car...

If you're going to buy a Lambo, make sure the doors open upwards....

Old Post Nov-06-2010 15:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Playa24_7 Click here to Send Playa24_7 a Private Message Add Playa24_7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

quote:
Originally posted by Playa24_7

The reason Gallardos dont have scissor doors is to save weight. It is already considerably slower than the LP640 and LP670-SV with regular doors... mechanisms on those scissor doors are heavy as shit.

BTW LP670-SV

Old Post Nov-06-2010 16:32  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tvmann
Supreme tranceaddict

There's a guy who works at the local Earls restaurant who sometimes gets to drive his dad's Gallardo to work, he just bought it used from USA. Great looking car, although this one is kinda plain, needs repainting maybe. It has only a few thousand km but looks several years old.

A local (BC) dealer has a 2008 Murcielago for sale. A few months ago they wanted over $390K!

http://www.autoworld.ca/Surrey-Pre-...02641-used.html

Old Post Nov-07-2010 02:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for tvmann Click Here to Email tvmann Click here to Send tvmann a Private Message Add tvmann to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euphorica
Next level beats

some tool rolls through my neighbourhood all summer long in a vert gallardo. dude has to be like 6'6+ ...his head is outside/above the open roof by a mile. its looks ridiculous...car sounds nice though as he usually leaves it in 1st gear and then just speeds up/slows down lol

ive seeen him a couple times with the roof closed and he has to lean so far forward...its like a clown car.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 08:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
English Rachel
I Am Canadian

We get our new 2011 Jetta tomorrow!! Boring as shit performance wise but very pretty and safe

(God, I'm old)

Old Post Nov-09-2010 14:19  England
Click Here to See the Profile for English Rachel Click here to Send English Rachel a Private Message Add English Rachel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

quote:
Originally posted by English Rachel
We get our new 2011 Jetta tomorrow!! Boring as shit performance wise but very pretty and safe

(God, I'm old)

I like where they went with the style... I mean it is a little more bland but I want to see how the 2.0T and the GLI will look.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 14:28  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
The reason Gallardos dont have scissor doors is to save weight. It is already considerably slower than the LP640 and LP670-SV with regular doors... mechanisms on those scissor doors are heavy as shit.

BTW LP670-SV

Lol...

The reason it doesn't have scissor doors is because the R8 doesn't have them...

They are the same basic car...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 14:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
I like where they went with the style... I mean it is a little more bland but I want to see how the 2.0T and the GLI will look.

Yah it's a great looking car and I'm obviously a big VW guy but they have really cheaped out with their cars the last couple years...

Open fenders, no insulation in the hood, amongst other things...

They've even gone back to the rop rod for the hood and if you push down on it even a little too hard, that thing will bend like it's made out of paper...

They'd better have kept the Touareg up to standards cause I plan on getting one in 4 years...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 14:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

quote:
Lol...

The reason it doesn't have scissor doors is because the R8 doesn't have them...

They are the same basic car...

It has nothing to do with the R8... if Lambo wanted to give the Gallardo scissor doors they could have easily done so. Its mainly because vertical doors were only designed for 12 cylinder lambos... the flagship cars, all others come with conventional doors.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 15:21  Croatia
VDub
Scoundrel

^^^

That's delusion right there...

Lambo didn't decide anything because the VAG Group makes all of those decisions...

It would cost too much to deviate from the platform shared with the R8 to change to scissor doors...

It's the same car bud...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Nov-09-2010 15:40 
love_child
TA

quote:
^^^

That's delusion right there...

Lambo didn't decide anything because the VAG Group makes all of those decisions...

It would cost too much to deviate from the platform shared with the R8 to change to scissor doors...

It's the same car bud...

Nope...its not IDENTICAL... they have similarities like an aluminum space frame, but the Audis is reworked, designed with fewer welds... and its the same width but the Audi is five inches longer and has a higher wheelbase. Unless you work on the Audi design team dont say things for the sake of saying them. You couldnt even recall the milage on your toureg and you want me to believe what you say about these cars

Old Post Nov-09-2010 17:33  Croatia

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > New TOTA Car Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread