Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Hip Hop Thread
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

The best tune on drake's new album is we'll be fine. mainly cause the bass in the beat is so dirty. Birdman almost scared me, i thought he was about to rap

Old Post Nov-13-2011 20:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cenik
which mixtape(s) would you recommend in order to make the best impression on a new listener?

So Far Gone & Room for Improvement are the standouts for me. So Far Gone ended up being released as an EP and is the first time he really started working with Wayne and Young Money, and Room For Improvement is his first mixtape, really raw and before the hype.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Last edited by LightsOut on Nov-13-2011 at 21:35

Old Post Nov-13-2011 21:01  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stilez
RealTalk & Srsbidniz

So last night Vivid, Orko & me hit up the BlackStar (Talib Kweli & MosDef) concert. Fantastic to see that REAL Hip Hop is alive & kicking in the Tdot. Koolhaus was rammed & such a good vibe all around. Many real heads were out taking in the show, especially since these 2 haven't performed together as BlackStar in over a decade. All the classics were done. Concert was def. off the chain.

Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | MixCloud | BLOG

Old Post Nov-13-2011 22:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Stilez Click here to Send Stilez a Private Message Visit Stilez's homepage! Add Stilez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
I hear ya dude. I just feel like its played out now. He's jsut way to predictable nowadays. I feel I can write a drake verse: just add alot of ahhh's after each line, add in a rhymne where it, pauses then ends in a noun ie, "new rappers record and play me back, tivo", talk about some insecure shit like "i check her text messages while shes in the bathroom, i hide it quickly i can hear her comin back soon ahhhh" then step a lil closer to the microphone so your lips are almost touching it and whisper sing your next line. He did totally up his poon sound though on this album. The most annoying thing is when he goes into singing every 2nd track. Or runs his pick up game like I did when I was 19 yrs old, telling girls they are so hot when they wake up in the morning and stil have crust in their eyes (insecure women love these lines) or his bullshit lines where he compares himself to pac or biggie and wonders if theyd make it in this rap era......im like for real!?

haha ur good

quote:
anyways Kendrick lamar's verse was not only amazing but he is the best thing to happen to rap since Kanye and 50 had that album battle where Kanye destroyed him in sales and we never had to hear much of 50 cent again.

I love his flow

Old Post Nov-13-2011 23:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click Here to Email jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Stilez
So last night Vivid, Orko & me hit up the BlackStar (Talib Kweli & MosDef) concert. Fantastic to see that REAL Hip Hop is alive & kicking in the Tdot. Koolhaus was rammed & such a good vibe all around. Many real heads were out taking in the show, especially since these 2 haven't performed together as BlackStar in over a decade. All the classics were done. Concert was def. off the chain.

great share, insane pics

Old Post Nov-13-2011 23:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click Here to Email jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
The best tune on drake's new album is we'll be fine. mainly cause the bass in the beat is so dirty. Birdman almost scared me, i thought he was about to rap

lol!!!!

Old Post Nov-13-2011 23:55  Canada
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cenik
I can't name more than 2 or 3 songs by Drake.

those are probably his most commercial tracks too, which are probably my least favourite...

as I've mentioned I think Drake shines the most on the "So Far Gone" mixtape, tho I don't know if it would have the same effect on me if I heard it today after knowing how big he is... (the underdog effect was def a factor at the time)

plus his style was fresh at the time, and now it's played out (as Eric mentioned)

(ALSO Wayne has a few ridic verses on that mixtape too...)

Old Post Nov-14-2011 00:01  Canada
Stilez
RealTalk & Srsbidniz

short vid of last night's BlackStar show.

....and here's my video of the whole night.

Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | MixCloud | BLOG

Last edited by Stilez on Nov-14-2011 at 20:51

Old Post Nov-14-2011 04:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Stilez Click here to Send Stilez a Private Message Visit Stilez's homepage! Add Stilez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

haha silly

Old Post Nov-18-2011 22:47  Canada
Silky Johnson
Reach for the sky, Honky!

Sick. Blackstar was definitely the highlight for me at RTB a couple years ago. Mos Def came out doing this whole MJ tribute thing (I have vids, but they suck ), it was fuckin awesome. Me and the chicks in front of me were going off to Talib...singing (rapping? lol) along with all the words, lulz.

Old Post Nov-19-2011 00:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nicolas Oliver
Supreme tranceaddict

I listened to So Far Gone and Drake Griffin. I'm not impressed by the former (although I gave it a rather quick listen) but I think the latter has some incredible tracks on it - like this one:

I'll listen to Room for Improvement soon

Old Post Nov-19-2011 01:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nicolas Oliver Click here to Send Nicolas Oliver a Private Message Add Nicolas Oliver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Katsu
tranceaddict

Yelawolf's new major label debut out Nov 21 !

Old Post Nov-21-2011 05:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Katsu Click here to Send Katsu a Private Message Add Katsu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Hip Hop Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread