Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Complaint Department (Take a Number)
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DigiNut
You kids get off my lawn!

Drunk Complaint Department (Take a Number)

Since our forum software lacks flagging or community moderation capabilities, I've created this thread to deal with specific complaints about forum activity.

Please use this thread and only this thread to report:

• Duplicate threads
  • Spam or advertising
  • Blatant flame-bait
  • Anything else that's in clear violation of the rules

I have an e-mail subscription to this thread, so I will become aware of any issues reported in here right away and usually respond within 24 hours.

Members who wish to make a confidential complaint are still welcome to PM me. This is merely an additional outlet for those who are afraid of PM or don't think that something is serious enough to warrant one.

Ground rules for this thread:
  • Do not reply to posts in here. Every single reply in this thread should represent a separate complaint - my responses will be edited in.

• Moderator decisions are final. Arguments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be suspended. No other part of the forum is ever censored but this thread has to be kept clean in order to be useful.

• Specific issues only. Generic rants about the forum will be deleted on sight. Bare hyperlinks without explanations will be ignored or removed. Suggestions for the site itself should go in the appropriate forum.

• Important issues only. Members are expected to use common sense. I'm not here to babysit or enforce politeness; I'm not the Fun Police. If your complaint doesn't fit into any of the broad categories above, it probably doesn't belong in here.

Finally, if you hate dupes, then please read the following...

Duplicate Policy:

We all get frustrated to see the same questions asked over and over again, and I am willing to do the dirty work of locking, deleting, or merging duplicates. However, don't post a dupe alert just because something looks similar to an older thread. There are two conditions to meet:
  • You must clearly identify which thread you believe is duplicated. We still want to help people, even if it's with dupe links instead of replies. Besides, I can't merge without a target.

• The thread must be an exact duplicate - in other words, every on-topic reply to the new thread would also be on-topic in the old thread. Similar threads ("How do I sidechain in FLS?" vs. "How do I sidechain in Ableton?") are not duplicates.

If everybody pitches in, then together we can keep this forum clean and still have fun participating. Good hunting!

2012-11-32 - DJ Insufferable ɸ Or At Least the Stalkers I Complain About
2048-06-66 - Spastic & Whocares Although I'm Actually Flattered
9999-45-81 - Tweaker Gimp I Probably Won't Even Go To This But I Have To Make Sure I Fill Up All The Available Space Here

Last edited by DigiNut on Apr-14-2011 at 23:58

Old Post Mar-02-2011 02:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigiNut Click here to Send DigiNut a Private Message Add DigiNut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

I think this thread...

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...2&forumid=48&s=

...could be merged with this thread:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...0&forumid=48&s=

I'll go ahead and erase my posts in the second thread. Great idea, sorry about the mess, and most importantly, thanks. Regardless of what you decide, I'll keep out of both, from now on.

EDIT: Also, sorry I completely missed this, earlier. I'd have totally preferred to use this solution had I been paying attention. I think it's a great idea, too.

[I don't consider those two the same, as the second one is asking about creating a specific effect vs. the first one just looking for generic effects. However, JBJ has linked to an actual duplicate in the first case, so I'll deal with that when I get home. -DG]

[Update: Having had more time to read through the questions and answers, I really don't think that any of the answers to the old thread actually answer the new question, which is specific to FL Studio. In order for this de-duping not to cause chaos, the threads really have to address exactly the same subject. I'm going to clarify this above soon. - DG]

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-02-2011 at 22:38

Old Post Mar-02-2011 05:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kitphillips
is actually a guy.

Thanks for making this thread mate, totally agree with everything you've said. Although this board is old, I note that IDM forums has much better layouts and organisation going on, they have tags, more subforums, and a bunch of other cool stuff we don't. If they're on the same system as us, can we get some of that stuff too? It'd go a long way to improving things around here. I think even gearslutz might have tags now, so we're a fair way behind.

My first complaint is about the stickies, can we rearrange how they work a bit? It would help if there were maybe only 2-3 of them (one about remix comps doesn't probably help that much) and if they were in a bigger font (I didn't notice you'd even posted this thread at first).

More importantly, I noticed that the tutorial master list hasn't been updated since 2009, would it be an idea to start a thread to get people's input as to what should be in there? I'm sure a lot of people have links to good tutes and threads saved, and these could be leveraged to build a better list IMO.

Lastly, I was wondering if we could get a sticky linking to common topics (like mastering, software vs hardware etc) and if those single threads could hold the debates about those topics. This would clear up a lot of the clutter and make things run smoother IMO. If any thread about mastering could be merged back into the sticky, it would clear up a lot of the problems we've been having with duplication.

[1. We're on a much older version of vBulletin that's been rev-locked by heavy customization, so I doubt we can do those things. 2. I unstuck one yesterday, agree about the remix comps since it hasn't turned out the way people obviously hoped. As for fonts, I don't know how to do that and don't think it's possible. 3. I've always asked people to send recommendations for updates to the tutorial master list. You can make a new thread if you want, or just post in there. 4. Those should go in the FAQ, I just need actual links. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-02-2011 at 14:50

Old Post Mar-02-2011 11:58  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for kitphillips Click here to Send kitphillips a Private Message Add kitphillips to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sonicboom
Suspended User

I have a wish about the stickies too.

COuld we combine the three threads Tutorial Master List, Recomended books, Music Producion FAQ, into one, and maybe fix them up a litte, removing old links, making it a little easier for a noob to go through.

im glad you removed the album thing, and remixes as a sticky; those are just normal threads. the less stickies the better.

edit: code of conduct could be included in the merged thread too imo. just a thread called "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING".

[I had actually planned to merge the FAQ and tutorials. However, it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to maintain those given the tools available (mainly, a textarea with BBCode). If someone wants to volunteer, then by all means... otherwise it's kind of a low priority (but I agree on the concept).

As for the rules, I think those should stay separate; there's a point of diminishing returns; the more information you throw at somebody, the less they're going to want to pay attention. It's really important for people to know the rules, and less important for them to read the tutorials. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-02-2011 at 22:14

Old Post Mar-02-2011 17:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for sonicboom Click here to Send sonicboom a Private Message Visit sonicboom's homepage! Add sonicboom to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Andy28
Sandancer

I have a suggestion about adding subs into the tutorial list for tips tricks and hints about using different daws, 1 for Ableton, 1 for Logic, 1 for Cubase, etc etc which we could all add and input to. This may then stop daw spicific questions being raised like for example "how do I do multiband sidechaining in Ableton?" as the answer would be in the list already.
Then if any questions do arise in the main forum that are not in the lists, and get answered, the answer could then be moved into the appropriate daw sub-section and put in as a tip or what ever to create a big resource list.

Just a thought..

[If the request is for generic miscellaneous "tips and tricks" threads then I'll have to politely decline - those threads invariably end up being inscrutable monsters of use to no one.

Sections in the tutorial thread - absolutely, if we have enough content to actually section off. If you think something should be added, post it in the thread or PM me; if it's worthy of adding then it will happen. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-02-2011 at 22:25

Old Post Mar-02-2011 21:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Andy28 Click here to Send Andy28 a Private Message Add Andy28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kitphillips
is actually a guy.

Spam?

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...5&forumid=48&s=

[Well, it is production-related, and we don't really have a policy against that kind of promotion (maybe we should). I'm not prepared to issue a suspension for it, but in light of the fact that this user has made no other contributions, I've locked the thread to prevent it from being bumped. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-12-2011 at 22:31

Old Post Mar-12-2011 10:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for kitphillips Click here to Send kitphillips a Private Message Add kitphillips to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by kitphillips
Spam?

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...5&forumid=48&s=

[Well, it is production-related, and we don't really have a policy against that kind of promotion (maybe we should). I'm not prepared to issue a suspension for it, but in light of the fact that this user has made no other contributions, I've locked the thread to prevent it from being bumped. -DG]

suggestion to make a Deals and promotions thread. anything else should either be locked or merged.

[Believe it or not, I had the same idea a long time back, but I wasn't sure that it was important enough to even bother asking about. I want to make sure the majority of the forum supports this idea so I'm going to take a poll on it. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-15-2011 at 00:23

Old Post Mar-14-2011 05:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BECK
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by diginut

[I had actually planned to merge the FAQ and tutorials. However, it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to maintain those given the tools available (mainly, a textarea with BBCode). If someone wants to volunteer, then by all means... otherwise it's kind of a low priority (but I agree on the concept).

well just by combining them shouldnt be that much work?
The Tutorial "Master List" & Music Production FAQ. the contect can be edited in the future. and maybe unstick the books and link it inside the new combined thread? would tidy up this place a little and shouldnt be much work at all in the first step. when actually updating the content of it it will be work though.

[Having one massive monolithic FAQ only guarantees that no one will read it. What we actually really need are separate threads for each of the FAQs/tutorial subjects - that way the actual FAQ/tutorial thread can be kept short and sweet. All of this takes time, though, and I don't think a half-assed approach really benefits anyone.

I'll see what I can do about the books thread, but the FAQ and Tutorials, that's got to be done properly if it's going to be done at all. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-15-2011 at 00:20

Old Post Mar-14-2011 22:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for BECK Click here to Send BECK a Private Message Add BECK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...12&pagenumber=6

Stupid rant where mister west27th is actually existo who has been banned multiple times. I'm hoping he can be once more.

[IP check confirmed, suspended. -DG]

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-24-2011 at 00:55

Old Post Mar-22-2011 17:11  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Storyteller is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BECK
Suspended User

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=596009

some wanker pushing warez, 5 of them on the first page.

[Suspended and deleted. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Mar-22-2011 at 23:03

Old Post Mar-22-2011 22:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for BECK Click here to Send BECK a Private Message Add BECK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Trance

quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...12&pagenumber=6

Stupid rant where mister west27th is actually existo who has been banned multiple times. I'm hoping he can be once more.

[IP check confirmed, suspended. -DG]

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...o&userid=112663

existo again

[Turfed several days ago - forgot to update this post. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Apr-06-2011 at 22:16

Old Post Mar-28-2011 06:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vinceGOLD
tranceaddict

hello moderator

Hello,

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...d=&pagenumber=2

I consider these responses a little odd....Flame/bait it looks
like to me. Completely useless comments in a web forum dedicated to
all things regarding trance music. It's not a forum about how to use computers or Typing. My style of message typing works well...it gets a point across.

This is just ONE tiny example of the flaming/baiting i have had to suffer on this trance forum, since joining it.

This forum really does contain some very unfriendly communication(s)
and persuits.

Please warn these users to keep comments to the subject of trance music or don't comment. Simle as that. Tell them not to make random
useless un-informative dribble inside important threads.

Thankyou,

Vince.

[I'm not seeing anything particularly damning in there, certainly nothing worthy of a suspension or even a warning. If somebody criticizes you for not communicating clearly, that may indeed be unfriendly and perhaps a little rude, but it is not hostile or abusive, and people who can't tolerate any criticism are ultimately no more productive than those who constantly dish it out.

I'm sorry if you're disappointed by this response, but my role here is to intervene when there are severe problems, not to regulate politeness. If you're seeing a long-term pattern of negative behaviour on the part of one particular user, let me know via PM. -DG]

Last edited by DigiNut on Apr-06-2011 at 22:32

Old Post Apr-06-2011 01:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for vinceGOLD Click here to Send vinceGOLD a Private Message Add vinceGOLD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Complaint Department (Take a Number)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCut from Eric Prydz Set 24/03/05 [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMilk Inc feat. DJ Wout - Saxy Motion [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread