Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The footy discussion thread
Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Taipan
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
^something about him just rubs me the wrong way. I guess it must be his raw disposition. When you're a fan of a team, a player like that makes you smile and you eat it all up but when you find yourself rooting against 'em or totally indifferent to the outcome you see someone like that as a bastard haha.

He's a great player either way, and it really shows.

He looks like a lesbian.

Old Post Apr-28-2011 01:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Taipan Click here to Send Taipan a Private Message Add Taipan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
psycontroll
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by psycontroll
CHICHARITO the man....

MESSI the man.....

Old Post Apr-28-2011 04:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for psycontroll Click Here to Email psycontroll Add psycontroll to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Taipan
tranceaddict

I am LOVING all the Barcalona conspiracy allegations and how Real Madrid released "proof" of simulation on their website. Not because I believe they play less ethicallly than any other team but mainly because its about time the whole world gets off Barcas dick.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 03:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Taipan Click here to Send Taipan a Private Message Add Taipan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover

Some of the calls against Real were kind of fucking lame though. Granted they were out played, but some of the calls were just absurd. Next week's leg should be entertaining to watch. Going to stay away from the United game, Schalke was boring as fuck.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 03:19  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

I don't think the red card should have been issued. It deserved a yellow at least, and was at the refs discretion. I didn't think the ref was particularly unfair over the course of the match. How Arbeloa wasn't carded by the end of the game is beyond the scope of my understanding.

Madrid suggesting simulation on that play is embarrassing for their organization. Mourinho should stop talking about some conspiracy and focus more on how Madrid showed negligible attacking promise. Early on in the game I remember seeing Ronaldo jump up and throw his hands in the air, totally exasperated with how his team wasn't moving forward with him. That one gesture set the tone for the entire game for me.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 03:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Taipan
tranceaddict

Yea but if Mourinho claims that was part of his strategy - to not attack in the first half - I can believe that. Given his record and style. He claimed he wanted to keep the game at 0-0 for the first half, then bring on a striker, then bring on a playmaker and attack in final part of the game. It worked for him in the Copa Del Ray so it seems like a logical strategy for this game.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 04:08  United States
Palladium
I want you to feel pain

El Clasico is getting kind of lame for me, half of the play time is wasted on drama and crosswords and half of the players are always over the referee than the ball.

Is a disgrace what Real is doing now, trying to devalue Barca's win and look like they deserved to win using videos, campaigns and tweets from other "important" athletes. They were outplayed when they were 11 vs 11 and sending off Pepe (who is always playing on the edge) wasn't the reason they lost.

After all Mourinho might be right, it will be a shame if Barca (some players) goes on to win the cup "playing" like that, diving and acting. I wouldn't feel proud being a Barca fan, when they are not acting and diving they play fantastic like no other team and that should be more than enough to win anything.

Last edited by Palladium on Apr-29-2011 at 16:18

Old Post Apr-29-2011 16:11  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Palladium Click Here to Email Palladium Click here to Send Palladium a Private Message Add Palladium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

I don't think Barca will play like that in the final, to be fair. Their play-acting was basically a response to Madrid's rough-house tactics. Mourinho had decided the way to beat Barca was to play it physical, pressing, tackling, playing a lot of long balls and using taller, stronger players to beat Barca in the air. Barcelona realised this and responded by becoming hyper-sensitive and exaggerating any kind of tackle or physical contact.

It was a shitty game, and both sides are equally responsible.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 16:22  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Frenkieee
mighty real

Here's Madrid's video

They show Pepe's tackle in slow-mo like 10 times just to show that he didn't touch Alves. I still can't see clearly whether he touched him or not, but what I can see is that he's acting like a madman with a straight leg at knee height, without even looking where the ball is. He could've easily broken Alves' leg that way. And still Mourinho and everyone at Real are saying it shouldn't have been a red card.

A bunch of sore losers, that's what they are.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 17:00  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Frenkieee Click here to Send Frenkieee a Private Message Add Frenkieee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
something funny goes here

Location: Location Location with Phil & Kirstie, Channel 4, 9pm. Wait, only Acton will understand this

quote:
Originally posted by Frenkieee
Here's Madrid's video

They show Pepe's tackle in slow-mo like 10 times just to show that he didn't touch Alves. I still can't see clearly whether he touched him or not, but what I can see is that he's acting like a madman with a straight leg at knee height, without even looking where the ball is. He could've easily broken Alves' leg that way. And still Mourinho and everyone at Real are saying it shouldn't have been a red card.

A bunch of sore losers, that's what they are.

this is it. it's intent. You go in like that and you're gonna hurt someone, we're hurting from losing our best central midfielder cos of a tackle from Man Utd's shit Jonny Evans which left him needing loads of stitches in his knee & ligament damage.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 17:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click Here to Email Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

I thought the red card was a little harsh, with Alves' reaction probably the thing that tipped it over from a yellow to a red. Hence the rage from los merengues. Yeah it looked dangerous, but Pepe did actually get the ball, and if you take the ball cleanly and don't actually damage the opponent, it isn't dangerous. Could be dangerous if done badly, good tackle if done correctly.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 19:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
this is it. it's intent. You go in like that and you're gonna hurt someone, we're hurting from losing our best central midfielder cos of a tackle from Man Utd's shit Jonny Evans which left him needing loads of stitches in his knee & ligament damage.

I have to agree. What many people don't care to admit is at first glance the foul looked and sounded savage. Alves sold it pretty well though, as he was supposed to. The ref made the right decision based on what he saw.

As for the second leg, I hope Mourinho proposes something different. He has to use Kaka, at least for entertaining purposes.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 21:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The footy discussion thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread