Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite Oliver Lieb track?
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

This man is a true genius, you can't deny it. He has a true talent that pushed electronic music standards way up (then somehow everyone went superstar, rendering the quality irrelevant.)

After thinking about it for a while, Cosmos takes my vote. It's simply one of the best tracks ever made, in my opinion. Every element, sample, string, sound in this track is just perfect. It's one of those tracks you recognize in the first fraction of a second when you hear it.

Go on.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post May-12-2011 00:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Never, ever going to buy into the hype that he's a "genius". He just made a lot of good tracks. He's also made plenty of shit and forgettable tracks down the years.

My favourite of his is the whole Into Deep album, but for an individual track it's really hard to look past Netherworld (Jules Verne Mix).

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-12-2011 00:42  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Never, ever going to buy into the hype that he's a "genius". He just made a lot of good tracks.

That(what I said) was, of course, exaggerated a little. I do admire his tracks a huge lot, though.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post May-12-2011 00:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Tsunami
Supreme tranceaddict

Instantly hooked when I heard it on Tall Paul's Headliners 01 CD

Old Post May-12-2011 01:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Tsunami Click here to Send DJ Tsunami a Private Message Visit DJ Tsunami's homepage! Add DJ Tsunami to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

Old Post May-12-2011 01:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

LSG - Train Of Thought 1.1 :

Love the distortion in this track and the uplifting pads. It's probably not his most technical put man it works for me.

Love 'em. His tracks were so easy to distinguish, he had that magic touch. Some tracks were so minimal and they would just suck you in; so trancey and yet very simple when you break them down. My favorite would seem pretentious but kills on a club system. His S.O.L. moniker had some nice tunes like: Quantensprung and Pollenflug.

Last edited by Syntonic on May-13-2011 at 04:59

Old Post May-12-2011 02:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Definitely Into Deep is my favorite album, but for single song I'm torn between Netherworld and Lithium (Oliver Lieb Remix).

As I said in my TA Classics Mix post for this month, this song really epitomizes trance for me.

I totally buy into him being a genius, though. Not everything he touches is pure gold, but a huge majority of it is, imo. His remixes of Dreamstate, Hope, Kaleidoscope, Love Stimulation, Air 2000, and others are all amazing; not to mention his own products like Everlast, Into Deep, The Black Album, Netherworld, Hearts, Hidden Sun Of Venus, Paragliders, Run, Amanita Muscaria, and tons more.

Old Post May-12-2011 02:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops

I have the vinyl of this. The B-side 'Madras' is so dark and chunky. The Ambush - Everlast was such a funky trancer.

quote:
Originally posted by Lews

Lithium's melody is so great. Loved how he had melodies that seemed endless.

Last edited by Syntonic on May-12-2011 at 02:23

Old Post May-12-2011 02:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
skip
a.k.a. skip2

Really hard to pick one track that's better than all his other productions as he had so many brilliant ones. He had some shit ones and forgettable ones too but he's still definitely my favorite producer.

L.S.G. - Wrong Time … Wrong Place from Rendezvous in Outer Space. Maybe. I've changed my pick three times already. Impossible task. Rendezvous in Outer Space is definitely my favorite album of his as it's by far the best album of all albums I've ever heard. Absolutely amazing stuff. One of the few EDM albums that make sense to me. Not a single bad track and it's not just a compilation of tracks and even though it's "mixed" it doesn't bother me one bit but actually makes the album better. Which is something I generally hate in artist albums.

Get Dropbox, with 250 MB extra space!

Old Post May-12-2011 06:48  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for skip Click here to Send skip a Private Message Add skip to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

I see Syntonic already mentioned it, but yeah, this is my pick:

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Old Post May-12-2011 10:50  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tweak
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Never, ever going to buy into the hype that he's a "genius". He just made a lot of good tracks. He's also made plenty of shit and forgettable tracks down the years.

Do geniuses not make mistakes? Do geniuses not have periods where their genius desserts them?

I thought these were requirements to be labelled a genius.

Old Post May-12-2011 11:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Tweak Click here to Send Tweak a Private Message Add Tweak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

Never fancied much of his work, my fav track from him is probably this one.

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post May-12-2011 11:15  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite Oliver Lieb track?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown 4 strings diving remix [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCaater - Reality [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread