Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > So, I've just started getting into Breaks...
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
stealthman
Supreme tranceaddict

So, I've just started getting into Breaks...

I'm fairly new to the genre and would like some suggestions of great Breaks tunes.

The two reasons I'm starting to get into Breaks is because, 1)I need another bandwagon to jump on to refresh myself from the Techno/House scene and 2)I want my Trance mixes to sound a little more interesting.

Before you suggest anything, please ensure the post is QUALITY, not something that is forgettable after a week. Thanks!

Old-School Trance Appreciation Club

and may the PLUR be with you.

Old Post Sep-18-2011 09:16  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for stealthman Click here to Send stealthman a Private Message Add stealthman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zharen
Put down the plate

O herro. Well if you're going to get into breaks, you might as well get acquainted with the tear out sound, since that's what's hot in the breaks scene right now.

And some stuff on the trancey side. Might work in your trance sets if you spin slower melodic/progressive stuff.

And an old personal favorite of mine:

My first ebook: The Plastic Wilderness / 2010 prog/deep mix

Last edited by Zharen on Sep-18-2011 at 10:40

Old Post Sep-18-2011 10:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zharen Click here to Send Zharen a Private Message Add Zharen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Without wanting to self whore too much, I have a few (mostly) breaks mixes which might be of help?

Arcadia

Breaks For Sally

Basement Sessions

I also like these...

i could do this all day hahaha

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Sep-18-2011 10:51  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zharen
O herro. Well if you're going to get into breaks, you might as well get acquainted with the tear out sound, since that's what's hot in the breaks scene right now.

Compared to Dubstep/Drum & Bass right now that doesn't sound tear out at all

Old Post Sep-18-2011 11:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

quote:
Originally posted by CalvP
Could listen to this stuff for days

There was a thread a while back about things you have learnt from listening to EDM and someone said...

quote:
everything, EVERYTHING, sounds better with a breakbeat behind it

Nary a truer word spoken

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Sep-18-2011 13:24  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Sep-18-2011 13:26  United Kingdom
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ck...tailpage#t=328s

Old Post Sep-18-2011 17:16  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Sep-18-2011 17:43  United Kingdom
stealthman
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks, guise!!

Old-School Trance Appreciation Club

and may the PLUR be with you.

Old Post Sep-18-2011 17:45  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for stealthman Click here to Send stealthman a Private Message Add stealthman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Sep-18-2011 21:35  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj christian
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: So, I've just started getting into Breaks...

quote:
Originally posted by stealthman
I'm fairly new to the genre and would like some suggestions of great Breaks tunes.

The two reasons I'm starting to get into Breaks is because, 1)I need another bandwagon to jump on to refresh myself from the Techno/House scene and 2)I want my Trance mixes to sound a little more interesting.

Before you suggest anything, please ensure the post is QUALITY, not something that is forgettable after a week. Thanks!

Your atleast 7 years to late.

Old Post Sep-18-2011 22:06  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for dj christian Click Here to Email dj christian Click here to Send dj christian a Private Message Add dj christian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zharen
Put down the plate

quote:
Originally posted by Woonyxoxo
Compared to Dubstep/Drum & Bass right now that doesn't sound tear out at all

Yeah well one, I don't fancy the super wobbly break sound, and two, I don't make up all the ridiculous names to these sub genres.

My first ebook: The Plastic Wilderness / 2010 prog/deep mix

Old Post Sep-18-2011 23:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zharen Click here to Send Zharen a Private Message Add Zharen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > So, I've just started getting into Breaks...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread