Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Problem with Xone:32- L and R not balanced
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

Problem with Xone:32- L and R not balanced

Hey folks,

I problem recently developed with my zone 32. The right channel is consistently lower than the left channel.

With all tracks on all inputs, the right channel will never be balanced with the left. I can correct it using the balance, but when it is at zero (balanced) the inequality remains.

Any idea what this could be?

release.

Old Post Nov-16-2011 20:45  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for feelgood Click here to Send feelgood a Private Message Add feelgood to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

What is your source? CD, vinyl, etc.?

Old Post Nov-19-2011 09:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.michael Click Here to Email david.michael Click here to Send david.michael a Private Message Visit david.michael's homepage! Add david.michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

Source is from CDJ's or my computer. I have two decks + my computer hooked up.

release.

Old Post Nov-19-2011 22:37  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for feelgood Click here to Send feelgood a Private Message Add feelgood to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Have you tried running just one channel from each input at a time and checked if it's channel specific?

Otherwise, it could be a bad solder joint on the outputs themselves; if a balanced signal (I mean conventional terms) loses one of the three conductors it can be out of phase and or lower in volume.

You could check it by playing a constant signal through one channel with the master LR balance set to the middle, then running a volt meter across the points on the left and right output.

Make a note of the left channel readings and see if the right has the same. If not, then open that puppy up, and if you can get to the solder joints, then resolder them with a bit of new solder.

Of course, if it's under warranty then just take it back to the store.

Old Post Nov-20-2011 02:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

Thanks.

Ill test that out..

release.

Old Post Nov-21-2011 15:49  Trinidad and Tobago
Mmanu
Green Pea

troubleshooting 101: check all the cables, every single one, input and output cables. It often is the main culprit. Absolutely no need for complicated operations like described above just yet.

More music and more games___________

Old Post Nov-25-2011 10:39  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Mmanu Click here to Send Mmanu a Private Message Visit Mmanu's homepage! Add Mmanu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mmanu
troubleshooting 101: check all the cables, every single one, input and output cables. It often is the main culprit. Absolutely no need for complicated operations like described above just yet.

Definitely, but this part deals with that....

quote:
Originally posted by Rann

Have you tried running just one channel from each input at a time and checked if it's channel specific?

Old Post Nov-25-2011 21:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Problem with Xone:32- L and R not balanced
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread