Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Luminosity 2014 thoughts?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
cr24
tranceaddict

Luminosity 2014 thoughts?

Got a plane to catch soon so I can't write a lot but to anyone that went...thoughts on the Festival?

I understand why they say just go to Europe now. Unbelievable time. Sunday was hands down the best day for me. When Airwave started his classic Bonzai set it set the mood for the rest of the night. Scot Bond, Super8 & Tab, and The Thrillseekers were unbelievable one after the other. They laid down some of the best tech trance and dark techno I have ever heard. And it was wonderful to hear the old Anjuna euphoric sound too. The good old days indeed.

It was fun to be a relative baby at an event again too. Watching a majority of older (30-50) people getting down to beats from what I assume was their partying heyday was quite a site to behold. And there were still old heads who had moves!

Only saw 1 girl (around my age) get carted out by the security. Looked like she had been seizing. The people I did see who were fucked up were all young (surprise surprise). But no where near what we see or hear of from our festivals. Pretty much everyone looked fucked up by the time Mario Piu came on.

The negatives were the "shuttle" which was nonexistant from Zandvoort to the beach club and it kind of sucked that it was such a sausage fest. Glad I came with my girl haha. Oh, and it rained all day Sunday which sucked, but dancing in the rain to Airwave lifted my day.

Partying with Dutch people when their team won the quarterfinal game was also sublime.

If I can swing it again next year I will definitely be here.

Verdict: Go to Lumi if you haven't.

Random sets will be up for download probably within the week or something.

Old Post Jul-07-2014 09:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cr24 Click here to Send cr24 a Private Message Add cr24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

I had a great time, loved The Thrillseekers, Mario Piu, Ronny K, and James Dymond were my favorites.

Super8 & Tab was hit and miss for me, was expecting a bit more with their classic set.

Signum was a big disappointment IMO, was really looking forward to him and it ended up being about as generic as can be.

The annoying things were the fact that they closed the venue early every night, putting Indecent Noise in the steamy ass main room rather than one of the two outdoor stages, having to pay 6 euro to use the bathroom, them being sneaky/misleading about the shuttles, and the sound was complete garbage. There was also an abundance of people just standing in the middle of the dance floor doing nothing, just taking up space. Maybe I'm just used to techno/house crowds like those that were at Awakenings Festival the weekend before, with everyone just getting so down to the music and dancing their feet off. Then of course, the dutch weather was as shitty as always, but that was a given.

It was fun overall, definitely lots of good music.

Last edited by iLLiE586 on Jul-07-2014 at 22:33

Old Post Jul-07-2014 21:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

dpetey was at luminosity - expecting a review from him asap.

didn't do lumi but did awakenings in holland 2 weeks ago and just wow. perfect. dutch are some of the best people to party with. we're still blown away by it.

the ticket was only $100 - less than the 2 day hyte price.

Old Post Jul-07-2014 21:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sedna
Supreme tranceaddict

One day I'll get to go to this... one day...

http://www.soundcloud.com/danielnusdeo

Old Post Jul-07-2014 22:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sedna Click here to Send Sedna a Private Message Visit Sedna's homepage! Add Sedna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Luminosity 2014 thoughts?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread