Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA TFC/soccer/footy thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Latest Canadian to turn traitor

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...article2307415/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Leroux

And a blog about LeJudas, because shit like this makes my blood boil (one of few buttons in my mild mannered personality...)

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/c...st-of-the-Story

Whoregreaves, Assmear Beggarvic, Tear Bumbury, they all aren't on my x mas list

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-23-2012 21:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

The latest in the epic saga of Balotelli

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-23-2012 21:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

Richard Eckersley signed to permanent deal, Colombian defender Geovanny Caicedo signed from LDU Quito (same former club as Joao Plata, who was also signed to permanent deal last week)

CCL game basically sold out, with only singles available on ticketmaster, except for group sales tickets (contact TFC FO for group tix)

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-26-2012 20:55  Canada
Yohan

If you're a supporter of Canadian men's national team, or curious about soccer in Canada in general, read this article.

http://www.walrusmagazine.com/artic...rts-seeing-red/

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-30-2012 22:27  Canada
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communaut urbaine de Montral Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Limp Act will always be made fun of.

Speaking of Limp Act, Easter Weekend. TFC @ Mtl at the Big O on Sat. Leafs at Habs Sat night. Bal en Blanc Sun night. Yep. Sounds like recipe for an epic weekend.

you mean the team that beat MLS teams including Toronto when they were considered part of an inferior league with low calibre players?

want to bet we finish ahead of you guys next year simply due to the fact that the tap water in the 416 makes you suck at sports. fc is horrible.

Old Post Jan-30-2012 23:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
you mean the team that beat MLS teams including Toronto when they were considered part of an inferior league with low calibre players?

want to bet we finish ahead of you guys next year simply due to the fact that the tap water in the 416 makes you suck at sports. fc is horrible.
dude. That was 4yrsa ago. And you are on with the bet.

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-31-2012 00:56  Canada
Mach X
Making Fetch Happen

I know it's early, but are the schedules/fixtures for Euro cup preliminaries set yet?

Old Post Jan-31-2012 02:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click Here to Email Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

You mean group stages?

Get them here

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Jan-31-2012 02:57  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Feb-01-2012 07:54  Canada
Mach X
Making Fetch Happen

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
You mean group stages?

Get them here

NICE ONE!

Never too early to start booking vacation days, or arrange a modified work schedule.

Sucks however that the main football watching pub is two doors away from my work

Old Post Feb-01-2012 13:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click Here to Email Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
Ӄۃn߃nڃՃރ

At Least 73 Killed in Egypt Soccer Riot

quote:
CAIRO Seventy-three people were killed and at least 1,000 injured on Wednesday after a soccer pitch invasion in the Egyptian city of Port Said, in what a deputy minister called the biggest disaster in the nation's soccer history.

Violence at football matches across north Africa has increased significantly since political unrest began sweeping the region more than a year ago, and one player described Wednesday's riot as "a war, not football".

Angry politicians and sports officials decried a lack of security at the match between Port Said team al-Masry and Al Ahli, one of Egypt's most successful clubs, and blamed the nation's leaders for allowing - or even causing - the tragedy.

Wednesday's trouble flared at the end of a match when al-Masry beat Al Ahli 3-1.

"This is unfortunate and deeply saddening. It is the biggest disaster in Egypt's soccer history," Deputy Health Minister Hesham Sheiha told state television.

Witnesses said trouble broke out when Ahli fans unfurled banners insulting Port Said and an Ahli supporter descended onto the pitch carrying an iron bar. Al-Masry fans reacted by pouring onto the pitch and attacking Ahli players. They then turned to the terraces to attack Ahli supporters.

Most of the deaths were among people who were trampled in the crush of the panicking crowd or who fell from terraces, witnesses said.

Live television coverage showed fans running onto the field and chasing Ahli players. A small group of riot police formed a corridor to try to protect the players, but they appeared overwhelmed and fans were still able to kick and punch the players as they fled.

HELICOPTERS TRANSFER INJURED

"This is not football. This is a war and people are dying in front of us. There is no movement and no security and no ambulances," Ahli player Mohamed Abo Treika told his club's television channel.

"I call for the premier league to be cancelled. This is horrible situation and today can never be forgotten."

State television reported that Egypt's football federation had indefinitely suspended premier league matches.

Egypt's Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, the head of the country's ruling military council, ordered two helicopters be sent to Port Said, the scene of violent soccer clashes, to fly out some of the visiting Al Ahli soccer team and its fans, military sources said. The helicopters would transfer the injured to military hospitals, the sources said.

Albadry Farghali, a member of parliament for Port Said, accused officials and security forces of allowing the disaster, saying they still had ties to the government of President Hosni Mubarak, who was overthrown a year ago.

"The security forces did this or allowed it to happen. The men of Mubarak are still ruling. The head of the regime has fallen but all his men are still in their positions," he screamed in a telephone call to live television.

"Where is the security? Where is the government?"

A number of policemen were among the dead, a medical source and witnesses said.

Hospitals throughout the Suez Canal zone were put on a state of emergency, and dozens of ambulances rushed to Port Said from the Canal cities of Ismailia and Suez, said an official in the zone's local ambulance service.

Another match in Cairo was halted by the referee after receiving news of the violence in Port Said, prompting fans to set parts of the stadium on fire, television footage showed.
Copyright (c) Reuters

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Dozens+killed+Egypt+soccer+stadium+violence+ministry/6085675/story.html#ixzz1lATbVpzI

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Feb-01-2012 22:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

Egypt is so fucked up. Politics mixed with hooliganism is just so wrong.

Nobody should die for just going to a soccer game.

not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Feb-02-2012 05:47  Canada

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA TFC/soccer/footy thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread