Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > congratulations to president Putin !!!
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
exraver
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Putin is the biggest mafioso controlling everything from 0-infinity.

Putin himself also killed one billion people.

Cool story, bro.

Last edited by exraver on Mar-09-2012 at 16:35

Old Post Mar-09-2012 01:40  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for exraver Click here to Send exraver a Private Message Add exraver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sasha
Obsequey

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
umm, it is a known FACT that moscow is its own hub, it is almost like a separate country housing the wealthiest people on earth. People all over russia travel to moscow leaving their families at home to try and make a living since most businesses are in or around Moscow, same with st petersburg. Do i really have to mention this?

i still cant get over this. there is ignorance in every single word in this paragraph

House is not just a groove. House is a feeling. And when u feel it, you will understand... house music gets you up and makes you high...

Old Post Mar-09-2012 01:59  Latvia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sasha Click here to Send Sasha a Private Message Visit Sasha's homepage! Add Sasha to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by exraver
Забыл про миллиард расстрелянных лично Путиным.

Cool story, bro.

lol, are you talking to yourself? i dont speak chinese or whatever the fuck you're trying to type over here.

Old Post Mar-09-2012 02:00  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha
i still cant get over this. there is ignorance in every single word in this paragraph

buddy, ignorance is coming from you, you're arguing just for the sake of arguing, i have stopped mentioning anything else numerous times but you continue on and on. What part of what i said you dont understand? if you do have some questions or concerns maybe we can discuss this in PM? i dont mind that at all, im not going to continue trying to influence someone "just because". i don't really care to do so.

Old Post Mar-09-2012 02:02  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sasha
Obsequey

quote:

what does this have to do with anything? i have never once mentioned that i support any US based info/article regarding russian elections, i'm basing it on information that is coming from the country.

the information you are getting "from the country" lol
i never said im getting my information from russian television. what's your point?

House is not just a groove. House is a feeling. And when u feel it, you will understand... house music gets you up and makes you high...

Old Post Mar-09-2012 02:07  Latvia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sasha Click here to Send Sasha a Private Message Visit Sasha's homepage! Add Sasha to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sasha
Obsequey

quote:
lol, are you talking to yourself? i dont speak chinese or whatever the fuck you're trying to type over here.

lol he is talking to you in Russian

Old Post Mar-09-2012 02:09  Latvia
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha
lol he is talking to you in Russian

maybe he should learn how to use proper encoding? im not here to decode his messages

and on that note

Last edited by geroin on Mar-09-2012 at 02:30

Old Post Mar-09-2012 02:11  Russia
Sasha
Obsequey

on that note, I'm getting my visa to Russia and going there for 10 days end of April (no jokes). We'll talk more when i come back

Old Post Mar-09-2012 02:36  Latvia
klm21
Senior tranceaddict

Not too sure what to say about the subject. I guess happy Putin won because I do respect and like the guy, hopefully he attempts to bring the country more forward from here and more towards a democracy, or at least more reforms and less corruption. Whether or not that happens who knows..

Last edited by klm21 on Mar-09-2012 at 05:50

Old Post Mar-09-2012 05:22  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for klm21 Click here to Send klm21 a Private Message Add klm21 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Xavier Moriarty
one man only, 8 swords

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/09/o...days-of-stalin/

Old Post Mar-11-2012 01:54  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for Xavier Moriarty Click here to Send Xavier Moriarty a Private Message Add Xavier Moriarty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnetonium
Dubstep = Douchestep

There is not a single doubt that Putin won those elections with the most votes. He is without a doubt most popular and most liked politician in Russia, hands down. However, the question is - was the vote fair, transparent and were the Russian people properly represented at the elections?

First - judging by the exit poll numbers and the data from various polling agencies and NGO's, Putin won with about 51% of the vote (on average). However, officially he won with 60-something percent of the vote. Surely there were instances of ballot stuffing, carousel voting and irregularities. And that happened not because Putin ordered it, but because of endemic corruption that Russia is in. Let's look at that more closely.

For example - In Chechnya, Putin won with 99% of the total votes cast. Most definitely a falsified statistic. Then again, look more closely - Chechnya is ruled by an eccentric autocrat who does what he wishes, has been accused of serious crimes and being a close Putin ally he does what he wants and anyone who dares to question him gets killed. Kremlin turns a blind eye, as long as Chechnya is part of Russian Federation.

In other instances, there was pressure from the higher-ups to deliver good results in big cities such as Moscow. There are several documented instances of carousel voting that intended to give more votes to Putin from list of registered voters who were considered to be least likely to show up and vote.

One thing for sure - Putin has strong support in rural areas of the country, where is viewed as a competent leader who brings stability and helps people out, while most of the opposition is in big cities such as Moscow and Nizhniy Novgorod. Exit polls indicate that majority of Muscovites did not vote for Putin.

The biggest issue in my opinion is that these elections were very flawed. Many opposition leaders were not represented at the elections. This is due to bureaucracy and the fact that several opposition leaders were denied the right to form parties or be represented at the presidential elections due to convenient technicalities and difficult application procedures (for example - as one of many countless requirements, a presidential candidate must have at least 200,000 signatures in order to run, which is ridiculous in my opinion). So basically the electorate system is flawed.

Most of mainstream media is owned directly or indirectly by Kremlin or state-owned institutions. Pro-Putin coverage heavily outweighs other candidates, criticism of Putin in media and TV has resulted in some recent high-profile sackings and firings of journalists, CEO's and media spokespeople. In other words - these elections were flawed from the beginning.

At least two of the presidential candidates were pro-Putin and were likely running to steal votes from anti-Putin opponents and thus guarantee a first-round victory (Prokhorov and Zhirinovsky). The only significant cadidate other than Putin was a leader of the Russian Communist party, who got something like 18% of the vote. He finished second, for Christ's sake.

To conclude - yes, Putin won the elections, but Russian people were not properly represented as key liberal parties were denied the right to run in the elections. Besides that - recently the government made it more difficult for parties to qualify for parliament, ensuring that the same 3-4 parties are elections to the Duma every time. Russian political system is extremely flawed with tendencies to autocratic rule, and these elections can be seen nothing more than Putin and his protege Medvedev changing seats (yet again), and Putin himself recently admitted that he decided YEARS AGO to run for president again. So it was already decided long ago, aka Putin the Czar.

The government, media and pro-government business & military interests routinely marginalize, intimidate, and shut down opposition on any basis they can, thus Russia today is nothing more than a Tsardom, with strong cenrtainty that a Putin clan (Medvedev is part of the clan, btw) will run the country for at least another 12 years. Russia is once again stagnating, because the same individuals run the whole country all the way from the top and down to the regional officials, who sit on their fat asses and don't care about the average citizens, because they are guaranteed their jobs and feel like they are not obliged to carry out their duties. Officials are not accountable to anyone, and things only get done when citizens complain to Putin, and only when Putin calls the officials do things get done. Thus corruption is endemic.

Other politicians are never given a chance to develop, which is the biggest problem. Promising politicians are forced to align themselves to main political parties or instead risk having their political aspirations ended by the powerful bureaucracy.

Recent huge protests in Moscow and other big cities, on a scale not seen since 1917, is a clear sign that Putin's popularity is waning and people realize just how much of a joke the elections are.

Whenever you go and buy something, you are affecting someone somewhere, be it environment, a person, or a community - you're making a statement with what you buy. So make it a smart choice ... Its a big picture

Last edited by Magnetonium on Mar-11-2012 at 21:54

Old Post Mar-11-2012 21:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnetonium Click here to Send Magnetonium a Private Message Visit Magnetonium's homepage! Add Magnetonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sasha
Obsequey

^^ very good post

Old Post Mar-11-2012 23:55  Latvia

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > congratulations to president Putin !!!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread