Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I think I'm physically addicted to pot
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

I think I'm physically addicted to pot

I don't know how many times people have told me that when you smoke a lot of weed you form a psychological dependence on it. This is true, I will not deny. But the same people have told me that one of the great things about weed, is that people don't form a physical dependence on it.

It's not often that I go to bed without smoking a joint within an hour or so beforehand. In the last 2 weeks though, there have been 2 full days where I haven't smoked at all. I really want to, and dealing with that is tough, but something I can ultimately manage. What I don't understand, is the constant hot/cold feeling, the sweating during the night and ultimately feeling like shit the next day even if I managed to sleep for 8 hours or so.

What say you c0r?

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bananas
baby i got your money

lol, join comrade stalin at a weed rehab facility

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Whatever the reason, I think you should definitely cut down.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:25  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

It's withdrawals. People say there is no "physical dependence" on the substance, which to an extent is true, but if you're a chronic user (IE. every day, multiple times a day, what have you), your brain is going to react when you cut back on that substance.

The sleep effects when you first cutback are what most people notice immediately. Nightsweats and vividly intense dreams are very common. Take a tolerance break man, those symptoms should subside over a week or so.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list enydo is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Happymess
tranceaddict in training

I don't know much about smoking pot, as I've never done it myself. But I think you may be physically addicted to the tobacco/nicotine in it?

Just a thought.

My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Happymess Click here to Send Happymess a Private Message Add Happymess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

quote:
Originally posted by Happymess
I don't know much about smoking pot, as I've never done it myself. But I think you may be physically addicted to the tobacco/nicotine in it?

Just a thought.

not the case.

Anyway yea I think it's time to take a much-needed break. It's tough and has always been tough when so many of my friends smoke weed on a regular basis. I guess you guys have to see it to believe it, but I live in a place where people don't question the fact that they smoke weed every day and it's generally available in great abundance with a wide range of prices and quality.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I smoke pretty much every day, but it's gotten down to only once in the evenings. Anytime you stop smoking, it's irritating for a couple days because you really feel like having a smoke. After the first week or so it's not so bad. Take a break for a week or two and smoke again if you feel like it. Maybe space out your smoke sessions a little more. But it's nothing to worry about, everyone who smokes a lot goes through that same feeling.

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Happymess

Just a thought.

What the fuck. You think there is nicotine in pot? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

If you like Mary Jane, you'll appreciate her a lot more in the long run if you treat her with respect.

HAL TAUGHT ME THAT.

But seriously, what you're describing is the norm for those who smoke daily. Quitting just takes some willpower. I've never had a problem staying away when I've decided to take breaks, it's just some discomfort you gotta deal with for a bit.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list enydo is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bierheld
Supreme tranceaddict

I say stop whining

Seriously though, sleeping ís difficult. If you're used to getting a free ticket to dreamland without annoyances, which is what pot generally does, off course it's going to be rough for a few nights. I've gone to the process a million times now, just stick with it. It'll go away.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:41  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Bierheld Click here to Send Bierheld a Private Message Add Bierheld to your buddy list Bierheld is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Cannabinoids are notoriously cumulative little suckers. They are known for altering a great deal of physical attributes over time, perhaps the apparent being your metabolism. I'm not going to pretend like I know much on the science of what's happening to you, but you will be completely fine in a week if you quit cold-turkey. Quit for a couple months and you'll be even better off, the trick is figuring out what to do with your new-found cognizance.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
HAL TAUGHT ME THAT.

I once remixed a relapse.

Old Post Mar-13-2012 15:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I think I'm physically addicted to pot
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread