Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I thought your mix sounded a bit more like Tech-Trance but I guess there isn't really that much of a difference between the two genres.

Old Post Apr-26-2012 15:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Mr. Green Genes

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
This was a good effort, I really enjoyed listening to it. I liked a lot of the tracks. You managed to pick the right style of DNB also, where it was loop-oriented and sorta techno influenced. I enjoyed it a lot. Mixing was decent, couple errors here and there, but nothing too worrisome. Nice work.

Thanks mate, yeah I've got some gripes with a few of the transitions and would probably pull one or two tracks out of it if I mixed it again which I would have liked, but I'm busy preparing for a few other gigs coming up very soon.
I think I'll do another drum n bass mix but with a bit more variance style wise. I'm actually hoping now I got my hands on the S4 to post mixes here more often again, but also spending so much time with production these days makes it a bit harder too.
Appreciate the feedback.

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

Old Post Apr-26-2012 19:38  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Mr. Green Genes

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
I thought your mix sounded a bit more like Tech-Trance but I guess there isn't really that much of a difference between the two genres.

Eh? No this mix was firmly in hard trance territory with a few tunes bordering on the hardstyle side. The only track in there that would really classify as tech-trance would be Bulldozer imo.

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

Old Post Apr-26-2012 19:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

grant, i liked your mix and you started out with a tune that i like a lot. i think you sort of went out of the atmospheric realm a bit to much on the end but it was nice.

the only thing that bugged me was the second breakdown coming that early and sort of getting the notion of a start stop mix but luckily you started overlapping the drops.

nick, i liked your mix as well, again starting on a classic and it the whole shebang felt like a balanced modern hard rance mix. without the '00 era cosmic gate style not quite epic but not quite hardtrance. good stuff.

i'm going to try to make my mix in the following week, i've had a few other things on my mind but i'm getting there.

Old Post Apr-28-2012 17:58  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click Here to Email montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Leave Luck To Heaven

Hmm, where is everybody else? Dying to hear the Freestyle, Italo, funky techno, psybreaks, and 2step mixes! I have listened to half of both Grant and Nick's mix, liked what I heard in both (although there were a few times when the hardtrance stuff was a bit TOO hard for me, sorry Nick! :P)

My mix is just about finished... have to give it a few test listens, touch a few things up with Audacity (compression/levels), then upload it. Should be ready to go by either tomorrow night or sometime Monday (leaving on vacation Wednesday)! I spent a lot of time with this one, sourcing tracks and planning it out (I cut down about 45-50 tracks to 12). Can't wait for all you to hear... good mix of tracks old and new, original Detroit and Detroit-influenced... all melodic.

One Night Disco*NEW*

8 Hour Marathon Mix

Nu-disco mix June 2012

Old Post Apr-28-2012 22:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Mr. Green Genes

Thanks for the feedback Tony, much appreciated. Yeah I kinda did find it hard to stay with atmospheric and keep it well directed, but I did learn a fair bit more about the genre and found some really nice tracks, even some I didn't include which made it worthwhile for me. Had a massive night last night and I'm well and truly spent... sleepy time

Old Post Apr-29-2012 01:46  Australia
Mr Game+Watch
Leave Luck To Heaven

All finished with my genre challenge mix - A mix of melodic/Detroit techno both old and new. My first time mixing this genre, I think it came out pretty decently... attempted to (somewhat) mix in key. Hopefully you all like it!

Luke Drelick - Motor City Melody - Tranceaddict Genre Competition April 2012

quote:

1) Omar S and OB IGNITT - Wayne County Hill Cop's (Omar S Mix) [FXHE Records]
2) Stare5 feat. Bryan Zentz The Sprawl [Thoughtless Music]
3) Morgan Geist Detroit (c2rmx2 By Carl Craig) [Environ]
4) Dosem - Beach Kisses (Joris Voorn Green mix) [Green]
5) Renaissance Man - Natty Jussi (Jori Hulkkonen Remix) [Turbo]
6) Kenny Larkin Integration [Plus 8 Records Ltd.]
7) Slam Positive Education [Soma Quality Recordings]
8) Octave One - The Greater Good (Mix 1) [MS10]
9) Jamie Anderson - Dolphin (Dave Angel Mix One) [Artform]
10) Chymera - Umbrella (Funk D'Void mix) [Ovum Recordings]
11) Dirty Doering - Loco (Vince Watson Remix) [Damage Music Berlin]
12) R-Tyme - R-Theme (Mayday Mix) [Transmat]

Download Link (Direct Download)

One Night Disco*NEW*

8 Hour Marathon Mix

Nu-disco mix June 2012

Old Post Apr-29-2012 21:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euforix
LoungeAddict

^^Nice mix. Worked well and the tracks fit the genre.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 22:56  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Euforix Click here to Send Euforix a Private Message Add Euforix to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
All finished with my genre challenge mix - A mix of melodic/Detroit techno both old and new. My first time mixing this genre, I think it came out pretty decently... attempted to (somewhat) mix in key. Hopefully you all like it!

Luke Drelick - Motor City Melody - Tranceaddict Genre Competition April 2012

Download Link (Direct Download)

Definitely checking this one out

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Apr-30-2012 00:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lostpsyte
tranceaddict

The detroit techno set is really good. Nothing like other detroit techno sets I've heard, but I haven't really heard many.

Old Post Apr-30-2012 01:00  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for lostpsyte Click here to Send lostpsyte a Private Message Add lostpsyte to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

I'm not doing my mix.

> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]
> Live @ Absorb 13.10.13 [Chill Out]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-30-2012 01:01  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
[N]k|[Z]
The Producer Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm not doing my mix.

hahahahaahahha!

shame.. i think you could have done a good job. i think i did ok when i had italo, bar 1 or 2 bad transitions. and italo couldnt be further out of my comfort zone if it tried

Bring it on down son, so you can get done, I got more styles than the miles to the sun,
Ninety three million five thousand flows, and heres one more for the HOoOoOoOOO'S!!!

Old Post Apr-30-2012 20:48  England
Click Here to See the Profile for [N]k|[Z] Click Here to Email [N]k|[Z] Click here to Send [N]k|[Z] a Private Message Add [N]k|[Z] to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread