Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Yeah, I veto freestyle as well. It's the only one up there where I don't know a single artist or track.

> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]
> Live @ Absorb 13.10.13 [Chill Out]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-06-2012 15:46  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
I veto hardtrance, never really liked that stuff much, apart from the occasional Marco V stuff...

You can't really veto something you don't like, you should veto something that is impossible to find or a genre that is highly abstract and has no clear focus or direction. Lots of people like hard trance. Keep it.

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Apr-06-2012 15:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Leave Luck To Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
You can't really veto something you don't like, you should veto something that is impossible to find or a genre that is highly abstract and has no clear focus or direction. Lots of people like hard trance. Keep it.

Well, this is for personal vetos... not for completely removing a genre from the poll. I think the list of genres is pretty good even if I wish more people competed this time around.

Anyways, seems nobody wants to do freestyle. That's what I get for trying to be somewhat clever :P It was really popular music in my neck of the woods (NYC) in the 80's, and still occasionally gets played on radio stations here.

Some artists:
-Information Society
-Pretty Poison
-Judy Torres
-Stevie B
-Pajama Party
-The Cover Girls
-George Lamond

Hot 97, well known worldwide as NY's biggest rap station, originally got their start as a freestyle station. It's where I was first tuned into the music and became one of my earliest music loves. If anyone draws this and needs help feel free to PM me.

One Night Disco*NEW*

8 Hour Marathon Mix

Nu-disco mix June 2012

Old Post Apr-06-2012 16:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

Get with it, Zip. Vetos don't remove a genre from the game - there'd be nothing left. Individual players veto the genres they don't want to be drawn with.

> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]
> Live @ Absorb 13.10.13 [Chill Out]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-06-2012 16:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Get with it, Zip. Vetos don't remove a genre from the game - there'd be nothing left. Individual players veto the genres they don't want to be drawn with.

Hmm, I never read Meat's instructions that well. I thought the veto was a request to remove the genre entirely. My bad.

In that case, I veto Italo Disco. Not my flava.

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Apr-06-2012 16:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

imma vetoing detroit techno, simply because i got that last time

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Apr-06-2012 16:34  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

I actually think Freestyle is one of the more interesting entries. Why? Because I don't remember ever seeing a Freestyle mix in DJ Promo. So it completely fulfills the game's purpose of getting people to do something different.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Apr-06-2012 16:48  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Mr. Green Genes

I'm also gonna veto detroit techno, just not interested in that at all.

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

Old Post Apr-06-2012 20:29  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

I also veto freestyle

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Apr-06-2012 20:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Adam420 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
Well, this is for personal vetos... not for completely removing a genre from the poll. I think the list of genres is pretty good even if I wish more people competed this time around.

Anyways, seems nobody wants to do freestyle. That's what I get for trying to be somewhat clever :P It was really popular music in my neck of the woods (NYC) in the 80's, and still occasionally gets played on radio stations here.

Some artists:
-Information Society
-Pretty Poison
-Judy Torres
-Stevie B
-Pajama Party
-The Cover Girls
-George Lamond
Hot 97, well known worldwide as NY's biggest rap station, originally got their start as a freestyle station. It's where I was first tuned into the music and became one of my earliest music loves. If anyone draws this and needs help feel free to PM me.

Company B - Fascinated

I pray that every participant thrives for this showdown.

Old Post Apr-07-2012 00:06  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Drawing:

• Woony - Freestyle
  • Sand Leaper - UK Garage
  • djdk - Disco
  • RJT - Psybreaks
  • Tezdalien - Atmospheric Drum n Bass
  • Mr Game+Watch - Melodic / Detroit Techno
  • Adam420 - Late 90s Techno
  • montana - Autonomic Drum n Bass
  • ziptnf - Hard Trance
  • SYSTEM-J - Italo Disco

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Apr-07-2012 12:15  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

3/10 chance to get disco or freestyle I love my luck.

Old Post Apr-07-2012 13:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread