Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Christianity
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.
You make perfect sense. I know there's a lot of gaps in online chatting that could never make up for real-life interpersonal communication. But you're assuming that others think I'm superior to them?

No Matts, what I'm saying is that your readers likely think that YOU THINK you are superior to them. Certainly, they don't think you superior. If people believe you to have a superiority complex they tend to tune you out very quickly. It's nobel to be humble.

quote:
I know being self-righteous is a despicable sin since the pharisees reflected that, but I've tried to be kind to everyone with no restraint. If it wasn't for Jesus, I would've definitely got even with all my adversaries, even if they were just poking fun. Imagine if people here were calling you names because you're an anomaly who they consider a troll.

Whether you consider yourself to be self-righteous or not that is how you are perceived and in part why you are deemed a troll. Much like the misguided born-agains who acost people on the street your approach is the problem, and works against you. You are not showing people love if they don't understand what you are trying to show them. You need to approach them on their terms, not yours. You need to serve them not yourself. You should be trying to show them, not tell them.

quote:
I appreciate your tough love though because I do need a reality check.

Just trying to be helpful.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Apr-12-2012 12:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
^Wow. How am I supposed to come back from this? You're right, I'm wrong. I'm a self-righteous, misguided, problematic christian.

My recommendation is as before... live an apostolic life rather than preaching an apostolic message. When people see you living your faith they will come to you and pay attention; when they see you preaching it they will walk away.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Apr-12-2012 14:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

What can I do for everyone today?

Old Post Apr-12-2012 14:33  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

My feet could use a good washin'. Then my car!

Old Post Apr-12-2012 15:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
recovering tranceaddict

quote:

Well, right now I'm lying in bed, staring up at my ceiling, and the patterns in the ceiling paint are moving and flowing, just like a river, but I'm completely sober. How can I get it to stop?

Old Post Apr-12-2012 15:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

quote:

Anything less than an apology and a foot rub for your stupidity and your pretense will result in your intellectual evisceration.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 16:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
getting back up

Stop posting

Dynatron - Cosmo Black

Old Post Apr-12-2012 17:33  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
Well, right now I'm lying in bed, staring up at my ceiling, and the patterns in the ceiling paint are moving and flowing, just like a river, but I'm completely sober. How can I get it to stop?

Good day mate. Everyday above ground is a good day. Let's fix a glass of green tea and spend quiet time by seeking God. He's available 24/7 and will answer all prayers.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 17:40  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

Halcyon+On+On and Redd, we might be strangers, but you will be in my prayers.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 17:48  South Korea
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

God sent me here to test your faith. Same with dinosaur bones.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 17:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Halcyon+On+On and Redd, we might be strangers, but you will be in my prayers.

Where in your prayers, exactly, does Hal and Redd fit?
I'm very interested in this.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 17:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
Where in your prayers, exactly, does Hal and Redd fit?
I'm very interested in this.

Instead of praying for my needs, I shift the focus off myself. The prayer needs to have heart though, because it's better to have a speechless prayer with heart than a prayer to appeal my ego with a crafty speech.
Even though I don't know Hal and Redd personally, I can ask God that their family, friends, and co-workers can continue to be blessed with good health. Whatever there future holds for them, I can ask Him to let them know that God knew them before they were born and has a good plan for their future.

Old Post Apr-12-2012 18:53  South Korea

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Christianity
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread