Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Danny Tenaglia "Resigns" from DJing for open ended period of time.......
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
infinity HiGH
groovin

quote:
Originally posted by HappyDude72
Another post by DT on facebook ...

Danny Tenaglia DJ
about an hour ago

Just got back in from another beachy kind of day here in Miami! I'm gonna sit down and finally read as many comments as I can since I posted yesterday at 1:30pm about resigning for a while, not to BE confused with retirement! I am completely overwhelmed by the love & support globally! The main thing I want EVERYONE to know is that >> I AM OK << :-) This was something I've been feeling the need to do for a couple of years now but simply did not know how to. I have soooooooo much I want to share with everyone and will very soon about my gazillion wonderful experiences from being a little teenage DJ from Brooklyn who started to take the whole DJ thing very seriously between 1975 and then it really starting with a full time job 5 nights a week in a Roller Disco in Greenpoint Bk from 1980-1983 and from there my Big Dream was to get "another job" aka a residency (not just a gig) in a big nightclub in Manhattan! Boy did it all exceed my wildest expectations!! We didn't even have many fliers back then! You were just the DJ and that was that. I am taking this time off as I said to stop and smell the roses of life, move out of my loft/studio of 10 years now in LIC and relocate fully to Miami. I also have been wanting for many many years to take the proper time to go thru all of my recorded sets and make a bunch of them available on line for free as well as going thru about 20 years of Video Footage!! WHEN could I ever do this and so much more if I am Not @ Home?? Sooooo all of this will take some time and many, many decisions. I will NEVER stop being an "entertainer" because THIS is what I was born to do! I am 100% certain that this IS my main purpose in life, to GIVE people joy from God's gift of Music. I cannot take any more credit than what I am able to do with a mixer and a selection of tunes gathered by me to play at each event. I wish I could say I wrote and produced so much of what I play, but that's not my main gift, I might give that a try again, but once again, nothing good is gonna come from me unless I take the time to "try" and DO IT RIGHT or not do it at all. Music is the Answer, Elements, Be Yourself, Turn Me On, Ohno, etc . . . we ALL more than TEN years ago and I have not been able to properly record anything, or do much else of anything because I have been living on the road!! I am sure that I can speak on behalf of so many wonderful friends and great talents like Sasha, Digweed, Morillo, Vibe, Cox and many many many many other names big (and even not so big) that would easily agree that what we do is so complicated and stressful at times because traveling of any kind is never really simple and easy, so imagine doing it for a living internationally with different time zones, prepared schedules, foreign languages? It is not us vacationing! I just went to Punta Cana and never left the Hotel, why? Because I was there to WORK not go Zip Lining! hehe As that is also not my interest to go find the museums and attractions. I have seen a lot but overall, I am not a Tourist!! I am a professional DJ and I take each and every gig big or small very, very seriously! I always try to arrive a day early and do sound checks as well since just about every single gig these days is in a completely different venue with either completely different consoles or "stages"!! Today's DJ's know what their getting themselves into, but I had NO IDEA what was waiting for me outside of NYC! Yes, their are many great rewards, and the BEST reward is the people's faces on the dance floors .... but we would not BE human if after so many year's not feel a sense of OooooF!! LoL Soooo, as I thought I would take a break in 2010 after turning 50 I simply could not because I needed to continue making a living AND I STILL DO AND WILL! But for now I am placing a halt on all gigs that involve travels so I can focus on my move and my life and the future so I can return to the world properly. What this may BE? Only God knows! Maybe a NEW DAY party which is not all about being up until 9am - give or take by the time my head finally hits the pillow after the music stops. I WANNA SEE THE NEXT DAY!! I don't want to wake up the next evening! PLUS - I am NOT known for only playing 2-3-4 hour sets! Once I start I never wanna stop!! hehe I've done this ALL of the 90's and even after the 90's ... Roxy, Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, Vinyl, and ooof ... all of the 100s & 100s of "all night and day marathon recording sessions - ask Peter & Vanessa Daou - of preparing for big gigs and travels . . . I have to words to say right now "MAMMA MIA" . . . . . then I will BE back soon as I want to go read some comments and reflect. I have much more I am going to write and share as I will BE working with a journalist the next 2 months to gather thoughts, memories, ideas and as always, expect a lot of Humor in all of that (a separate post coming on that) and all of this will BE happening the next 2-3 months as I am packing up shop to vacate the loft and all I can say is Get Ready 2 READ ME to filth!! Hahaha LoVeLoVeLoVeLoVe and thank you all so much! And once again >> I AM OK << and forever Twisted & Spiritual 2! >> Now if you can't Love Yourself then how the hell are you ever gonna Love someone else? Can I get an AMEN up in here? - Rupaul

Jesus, has this guy heard of paragraphs?

Old Post Apr-22-2012 01:14  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by infinity HiGH
Jesus, has this guy heard of paragraphs?

See! I'm not the only one!

Big ups to Danny for mentioned one of the greatest duos Sasha+Diggz!

I know they are all good friends and love attending each others parties in Ibizzzzaaa.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 02:08  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

DT Tribute Mix

http://tranceaddict.com/forums/show...2608&forumid=73

Old Post Apr-23-2012 23:42  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

for those that care...

went to see his "final club gig" for the time being last night
he came on at 3 and from 3-6 he was belting it out, hard tech with a mix of groovie percussion. after 6 he was up and down then he was basically hit or miss. at 9am tho he started to bring it back up with a monstrious tech house set for a solid hour and a half he was in his zone having the crowd begging for more
closed out at 12:30 with the last hour or so being old school acid house and a friendly but funny circle going on the main floor (i dont got video's of it but iam sure some will pop up lol)
some tracks i remember:
river ocean- love and happiness (dt edit)
narotic thrust-safe from harm
hot chip- i feel better (florian meindl remix)

as for his "resignment" he was talking about it here and there thru out the night and at the end he said something like he has some personal stuff to take care of hes been djing for 35 years and needs a lil break, he get's offers all the time to spin all over the world but turns down alot cause most of them are 2-3 hour set's and he is not that type of dj, so when he comes back he wants to focus more on putting some new songs out as well as not traveling as much, mainly staying local but more underground (whatever that means) and in north america for the most part. i asked him when he does return to djing he has to do a 15 hour set at ((())) to kick things off he told me "mamma mia" ha ha
funny part of the night he stoped the music and put one a fake phone conversation where it sounds like 2 kids talking rumors about him
one of them went like:
"did you hear danny will be on this season of jersey shore?, he's replaceing pauly d while he tours with britney spears"

another one goes: "did you hear dt is gonna be on the road touring and opening for avicii?"
when it was over he got on the mic and told everyone dont believe the rumors going around, he will never sell out...we will see what the future holds
overall a great night minus a crazy packed house, but the last 4 hours it died down to a good size crowd and dt played for the afterhour's clubbers wanting that darkness
not too many classics music wise played mostly new stuff
good meeting you rabbitjoker i hope you had a good time
videos:

9:30am

11:30am

Old Post Apr-29-2012 21:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
"did you hear danny will be on this season of jersey shore?, he's replaceing pauly d while he tours with britney spears"

I love the guy, one of my favorites ever, but he's clearly creating drama and using it well to his advantage.

Old Post Apr-30-2012 00:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
patpicos
Techno Captain

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle

I love the guy, one of my favorites ever, but he's clearly creating drama and using it well to his advantage.

whats with his cheeks ...

Computer games dont affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, wed all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.)

Old Post Apr-30-2012 03:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for patpicos Click here to Send patpicos a Private Message Add patpicos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
Making Fetch Happen

Old Post May-12-2012 06:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click Here to Email Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X

he just announced hes playing (((STEREO))) next sunday with nicole moudaber!! per his fb

Old Post May-12-2012 13:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list gimmebeatz is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
patpicos
Techno Captain

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
he just announced hes playing (((STEREO))) next sunday with nicole moudaber!! per his fb

that is fucking deadly. Nicole Moudaber is wicked

Computer games dont affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, wed all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.)

Old Post May-12-2012 16:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for patpicos Click here to Send patpicos a Private Message Add patpicos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

lol @ tenaglia

It all reminds of all of those wwf wrestlers that would have retirement matches back in the day and would then come back to wrestle months later

Old Post May-12-2012 17:55  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
lol @ tenaglia

It all reminds of all of those wwf wrestlers that would have retirement matches back in the day and would then come back to wrestle months later

Ya.. Kinda gay, figured this would be the case

Old Post May-12-2012 18:05  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Faking retirement to boost your image (and score local gigs). Keep classy, Tenaglia.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Last edited by LightsOut on May-12-2012 at 18:53

Old Post May-12-2012 18:34  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Danny Tenaglia "Resigns" from DJing for open ended period of time.......
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread