Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Ask me Anything!!
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
True. You're not attacking anyone. I haven't seen you get heated, very recently, although you did have some moments when you first arrived. It's nothing overt that you're doing. It's subtle and kind of hard to define. It's found in instances like over-stating your credentials in a thread where your professional advice was completely uncalled for. You have a collection of prominent egocentricities that are irksome. Sometimes, like that technicolor rainbow abortion you had as an avatar, you're receptive to correcting them. Still, it took a really long time for you to change it and people remember shit like that.

I've rarely seen you give feedback to much of anyone but you ask for it, a lot. You seem to think nothing of posting a mix in DJ Promotion. You don't listen to anyone else's work (unless you like the mainstream track list) and, not being a DJ, chances are that I'll post in people's threads there, before you will. You do the same thing in Music Producer's Promotion.

What I've mentioned are just examples. They are by no means, a complete picture. The problem you're having is that no one here likes ego. They love substance. You might not be mean, but you come off like a very shallow douche-bag.

Could you phrase that into a form of a question please? I'm just kidding. What I will say is that you're obviously not in some of the same forums that I participate in. I spend a lot of time in the Music Producers Promotion forum commenting on new tracks all the time. I also am in in the Music Production Forum a lot talking with other like minded individuals about different production techniques, tools, and other resources that will assist all of us in improving our productions. I made mention of this before that sometimes I call special attention to myself especially in the the Music Production forum for the sole purpose that the people in there have more credentials / experience in making music than I can ever dream of. And sometimes they hang out in there almost exclusively. Regardless, I listen to a lot of other dj's sets and I listen to a lot of new tracks posted in the Promotion forum and comment on them as well. I'm not so self consumed with my own mixes/music that I can't enjoy someone else's tunes. What I would like to say is that I think that if your going to publicly state your opinion that it needs some substance behind it and it needs to be accurate because a lot of what your saying is untrue and and not at all how I participate on the board- with the exception of my rainbow looking avatar that took time to take down.

08.30 - John Digweed
08.30 - DJRYAN
08.31 - Feed Me
09.03 - Zedd
09.14 - Above & Beyond
09.24 - DJRYAN
09.27 - Tomorrowworld

Old Post Apr-20-2012 01:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

and I'm also in the Music Discussion Forum posting more than relevant content. I just thought I'd add that in as well.

08.30 - John Digweed
08.30 - DJRYAN
08.31 - Feed Me
09.03 - Zedd
09.14 - Above & Beyond
09.24 - DJRYAN
09.27 - Tomorrowworld

Old Post Apr-20-2012 01:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by DJRYAN™
Could you phrase that into a form of a question please? I'm just kidding. What I will say is that you're obviously not in some of the same forums that I participate in. I spend a lot of time in the Music Producers Promotion forum commenting on new tracks all the time. I also am in in the Music Production Forum a lot talking with other like minded individuals about different production techniques, tools, and other resources that will assist all of us in improving our productions. I made mention of this before that sometimes I call special attention to myself especially in the the Music Production forum for the sole purpose that the people in there have more credentials / experience in making music than I can ever dream of. And sometimes they hang out in there almost exclusively. Regardless, I listen to a lot of other dj's sets and I listen to a lot of new tracks posted in the Promotion forum and comment on them as well. I'm not so self consumed with my own mixes/music that I can't enjoy someone else's tunes. What I would like to say is that I think that if your going to publicly state your opinion that it needs some substance behind it and it needs to be accurate because a lot of what your saying is untrue and and not at all how I participate on the board- with the exception of my rainbow looking avatar that took time to take down.

That's the thing. You and I do post in the same forums. I've seen you post. Most, if not all, of what you post to in MPPF sounds incredibly mainstream. I am well aware of your contributions in Music Discussion, as well (e.g. Danny Tenaglia). You just don't seem to notice much outside of yourself. Hell, this thread is even all about you.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...=3#.T5C6pauXTz8

That's one of the first posts I was able to find where you posted in someone else's thread. If that doesn't say everything, I don't know what does.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

Okay man, you win. You care way too much not to try and make your point so your point has been made. Congratulations!! I'm a douchebag and a half. Now what? Are you going to leave me alone?

btw... Here's the almost (nearly complete) version of the track that as in that post you mentioned above..

08.30 - John Digweed
08.30 - DJRYAN
08.31 - Feed Me
09.03 - Zedd
09.14 - Above & Beyond
09.24 - DJRYAN
09.27 - Tomorrowworld

Last edited by DJRYAN™ on Apr-20-2012 at 02:41

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:28 
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

**Raises hand**

I have a question for you Ryan.

This must have been before my time but what is this avatar Eddie Zilker speaketh of? It must have been really bad for people to ask for it to be taken down given some of the avatars I have seen in the cor.

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover03591
**Raises hand**

I have a question for you Ryan.

This must have been before my time but what is this avatar Eddie Zilker speaketh of? It must have been really bad for people to ask for it to be taken down given some of the avatars I have seen in the cor.

08.30 - John Digweed
08.30 - DJRYAN
08.31 - Feed Me
09.03 - Zedd
09.14 - Above & Beyond
09.24 - DJRYAN
09.27 - Tomorrowworld

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:45 
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

rofl.

The absurdity.

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:49  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Okay man, you win. You care way too much not to try and make your point so your point has been made. Congratulations!! I'm a douchebag and a half. Now what? Are you going to leave me alone?

I'll leave you alone. I'll leave you alone for a solid year. No matter how tempting the comedy, I'll stay out of it. But trust me: even if I didn't, I would be the least of your problems. You'll continue having run-ins with people unless you change yourself. It really is as simple as that.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Apr-20-2012 02:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PivotTechno
senseless

quote:

You started a thread about yourself and are now whining about the unwanted attention you're receiving. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick.

Here's a suggestion - try your best to not respond to this post. DO NOT hit "post reply" - just sit still, look at the screen and *breathe*. Keep breathing until the urge to reply/punch your monitor/cry subsides and ultimately passes away. Then channel that nice, clear energy into something productive, something other than posting in this trainwreck of a thread.

Or not, and carry on doing it to yourself.

WestsideWax Soundcloud

WestsideWax Mixcloud

New! WestsideWax Archives

Old Post Apr-20-2012 03:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for PivotTechno Click here to Send PivotTechno a Private Message Add PivotTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

Last edited by zyklon-jay on Apr-20-2012 at 14:31

Old Post Apr-20-2012 03:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Second Room Citizen

DJRYAN, when was the last time someone complimented you on your intelligence?

> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]
> Live @ Absorb 13.10.13 [Chill Out]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-20-2012 03:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
DJRYAN, when was the last time someone complimented you on your intelligence?

Old Post Apr-20-2012 14:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Ask me Anything!!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread