Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > My friend turned into a transgender woman.
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

Worm Popper My friend turned into a transgender woman.

In Avana-esque fashion, my friend Jesse broke the news to his Facebook that he has become a transgender woman named "Rachel" (I think that's a boring fucking name but whatever). I just saw her like 2 weeks ago and he had a full-on man beard at the time. Now she's a chick. ("he"/"she" terms confuse the fuck out of me now) She's talking about growing breasts and wearing dresses and all that stuff. I never knew Adam Vana before she became Avana. How does one adjust to the new change? Just act normal? I'm not sure how I'm going to react the next time I see her. It's like meeting a different person altogether.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Jokes?

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

My only real comment is.... why the fuck would she need to change her name?

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.michael Click Here to Email david.michael Click here to Send david.michael a Private Message Visit david.michael's homepage! Add david.michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by david.michael
My only real comment is.... why the fuck would she need to change her name?

Good point. My only guess is she wanted to make a clear distinction that she is in fact a girl now, whereas Jesse can be both.

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list ziptnf is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

What the fack?

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Reach for the sky, Honky!

Re: My friend turned into a transgender woman.

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Post link to FB page.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stren
HODOR

I'm having hard time believing someone who wants to change into a woman would wear a beard. Also is that possible if she's taking hormones ?

insignificant cor member alliance

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:24  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for stren Click here to Send stren a Private Message Visit stren's homepage! Add stren to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by stren
I'm having hard time believing someone who wants to change into a woman would wear a beard. Also is that possible if she's taking hormones ?

I don't think she has started hormone treatments yet.

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list ziptnf is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

Re: My friend turned into a transgender woman.

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
How does one adjust to the new change? Just act normal?

Growing breasts and wearing dresses does not "make" someone a man or a woman. That's because a trans woman is already a woman.

I don't know what you mean by "act normal". They simply act like who they've always been, or who they always felt they were. Perhaps a little more comfortably and confidently than before their transition.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Re: Re: My friend turned into a transgender woman.

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
Post link to FB page.

This.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Re: Re: My friend turned into a transgender woman.

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
Growing breasts and wearing dresses does not "make" someone a man or a woman. That's because a trans woman is already a woman.

I don't know what you mean by "act normal". They simply act like who they've always been, or who they always felt they were. Perhaps a little more comfortably and confidently than before their transition.

What do you mean you don't know what I mean by "act normal"? I've known this guy for years and all of a sudden he's a chick. It's kind of a strange transition to me, it's not like I can just flip a switch and see that he's always been a woman. It's going to take some time to get used to.

And no I'm not posting her FB link.

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:44 
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Act the same way you'd act if anyone enacted some drastic and sudden change upon their appearance - like if someone famed for their long hair came back from the barber one day with a crew cut, perhaps.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:50  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
VANDIT Knight

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post Apr-25-2012 16:54  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click Here to Email Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > My friend turned into a transgender woman.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread