Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Is Trance Dead? - [Club Glow Washington DC article]
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

Breaks in the liberation lounge at the Docks back in 06-07 was pretty stellar. Had some really good times in that room and damn could some of them dance!

Old Post May-04-2012 21:18  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click Here to Email PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

Seriously?

Old Post May-06-2012 07:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cb_32
tranceaddict

trance aint dead

Old Post May-07-2012 10:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for cb_32 Click here to Send cb_32 a Private Message Add cb_32 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Endlesswave
Resident GreekCypriot.

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
Armin was the one who killed trance IMO.

Trance to me was chopped up vocals, and wizzy, trippy sounds all put together to put you into a trance. We had simple melodies, sometimes tunes you could hum. But for the post part, it would be pretty hard to hum old trance tunes.

Then came Armin (after 2000). Trance got infused with piano (and other strings) synths, and very clear, simple vocals. Djs were able to air-piano their way through songs. It catered a lot more to the general public, because they like songs they can sing, and hum in cars.

Notice how radio edits started showing up? Radio edits of old trance tunes were not possible because they were completely radio unfriendly.

From my own experiences, I started spending a lot less money on trance, whether it was live shows, or CDs. I put up with it for a while, still going to see Armin, and Ferry...etc. But I was so disappointed again and again, that I totally abandoned it. I feel like there were a lot of people out there like me.

There are plenty of good artists out there, but it just became so hard to find them. Going through beatport, for every 30 songs I tried, only 1-2 were worth actually buying. That is a lot of time wasted to find two good songs. That's the whole reason I listened to DJs, they sort through the BS for me. But when they started to push the BS, it was time for me to get out.

J00F kept it real, but I need more variety than just one good trance DJ. Plus, the psy-side of trance was good, but not my fav.

This.

As for breaks, anyone remembe infusion or the back room of system? Someone should do a breaks night, haven't seen one in a very very long time....

Old Post May-09-2012 19:56  Cyprus
Click Here to See the Profile for Endlesswave Click Here to Email Endlesswave Click here to Send Endlesswave a Private Message Add Endlesswave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52

Seriously?

...yacht house?

Old Post May-09-2012 20:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by CMR
...yacht house?

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post May-09-2012 20:08  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

Mr. Cake Thrower

Old Post May-09-2012 22:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Is Trance Dead? - [Club Glow Washington DC article]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread