Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Need your honest advice!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Clabel
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Apr 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Need your honest advice!

Hello everyone!

So im sure this question has been asked hundreds of times, but ill ask again.

I love trance, all forms of it. I love clubs. I want to be the next Armin Van Buuren or ATB or Above & Beyond. I know that is a bold statement, but hey, we all have dreams.

I come to you all for help on how to do it.

I have Logic 9 and Im decent in it. I have a small comprehension on es2 and ultra beats and bars and such.. but that is as far as it goes. I have no idea how to further pursue my passion.

Im currently saving up for a keyboard to hook up to my macbook, so I can make better pads and rifts.. but like I said, Im lost. Someone please point me in the right direction! What do I need to learn, what do I have to do, where do I start??

Also, I really have no musical background. I have limited piano skills from when I was a child, but seeing how Im 22 and I was 12 at the time.. some things just slip your mind.

Please aim me in the right direction!

Thanks!

Old Post Apr-11-2012 17:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Clabel Click here to Send Clabel a Private Message Add Clabel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Apr 2010
Location:
you won't

http://web.mit.edu/

sorry to harsh your mellow but at 22, if you have to ask, you ain't ever going to make it. Sorry for the bad news.


___________________
"This is why Superman works alone." GC
old stuff from days gone by (2001-2004)
Mad For Brad's gay little contest

Old Post Apr-11-2012 19:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clabel
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Apr 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Re: you won't

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
http://web.mit.edu/

sorry to harsh your mellow but at 22, if you have to ask, you ain't ever going to make it. Sorry for the bad news.


If Pitbull can make it at 40.. anythings possible.

Old Post Apr-11-2012 19:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Clabel Click here to Send Clabel a Private Message Add Clabel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Apr 2010
Location:

yes, but just by the very nature of your question, and you inability to figure things out and your lack of enthusiasm which is reflected in your desire to be spoon fed combined with your goal of being famous rather than good, I can guarantee you won't ever have a career in the music industry, That is how long , and how many people i have met that i can tell the kind of person you are, You asked for honesty. I am telling you the bad news. Now get on with your life.

and what the fuck is pitbull. Unless you are talking about the lame singer. Well he is 30 , and had a career at 20. In the dance scene, if you haven't made it by 30, game over.


___________________
"This is why Superman works alone." GC
old stuff from days gone by (2001-2004)
Mad For Brad's gay little contest

Old Post Apr-11-2012 20:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clabel
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Apr 2012
Location: Las Vegas

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
yes, but just by the very nature of your question, and you inability to figure things out and your lack of enthusiasm which is reflected in your desire to be spoon fed combined with your goal of being famous rather than good, I can guarantee you won't ever have a career in the music industry, That is how long , and how many people i have met that i can tell the kind of person you are, You asked for honesty. I am telling you the bad news. Now get on with your life.

and what the fuck is pitbull. Unless you are talking about the lame singer. Well he is 30 , and had a career at 20. In the dance scene, if you haven't made it by 30, game over.


I appreciate you taking the time to try and shut down someone's dream, but who the fuck are you?

Your false sense of entitlement and negative approach to this thread tells me your either a nobody who trolls forums all day bashing people, or your a bitter failure.

Do me a favor and don't bother responding to this. You have already wasted enough of my time reading your half-wit-bull-shit.

In regards to my "Inability to figure things out" and "lack of enthusiasm" and "desire to be famous", once again, who the fuck are you? You don't know me, or the type of person I am.

1.) Everyone needs help from time to time.
2.) If I wasn't enthusiastic about this, do you think I would be posing here?
3.) Never said I wanted to be famous.
quote:
I want to be the next Armin Van Buuren or ATB or Above & Beyond. I know that is a bold statement, but hey, we all have dreams.

I was implying I want to be one of the best. Who strives to be good when you can be great? I know that may be a bit hard for someone like you to comprehend, but there are individuals in this world who want to be more than "good."


quote:
if you haven't made it by 30, game over.

Looks like I've got 8 years left.

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Clabel Click here to Send Clabel a Private Message Add Clabel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Apr 2010
Location:

well you are off to a really bad start. I don't know anyone that made it that had to ask what do i do. IT was intuitive. If it isn't, it is a sign. Do what ever you want but you asked my opinion, and i am telling you that you will not be having a career as producer or dj. It really is that simple. IF you have to ask, well that is pretty much a litmus test. You won't be making any waves. I mean it is so fucking easy and you are here asking how to do anything. I think that should tell you how fruitful it will turn out.

And i would strive for mediocre given your current knowledge. And i do know what it means to strive to be great, which is exactly why i know you won't be great.


___________________
"This is why Superman works alone." GC
old stuff from days gone by (2001-2004)
Mad For Brad's gay little contest

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clabel
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Apr 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Once again,

Your a nobody, bashing people on threads, instead of helping someone.

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Clabel Click here to Send Clabel a Private Message Add Clabel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Targus28
tranceaddict



Registered: May 2011
Location: england

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
well you are off to a really bad start. I don't know anyone that made it that had to ask what do i do. IT was intuitive. If it isn't, it is a sign. Do what ever you want but you asked my opinion, and i am telling you that you will not be having a career as producer or dj. It really is that simple. IF you have to ask, well that is pretty much a litmus test. You won't be making any waves. I mean it is so fucking easy and you are here asking how to do anything. I think that should tell you how fruitful it will turn out.

And i would strive for mediocre given your current knowledge. And i do know what it means to strive to be great, which is exactly why i know you won't be great.


Come on, bit harsh, you don't know the guy and you can't trust your intuition from over a computer monitor and a few words he has said.You can doing anything you put your mind too, period.Just because hes asked, how does that make him doomed form the word go? Stop being so Looney

If your passionate about it mate, and work at it HARD, you can do it.You really need to be putting like all the hours you can, learning your tools, and practicing using these tools.All comes down to hard work.If your really wanna go for it, just do it

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Targus28 Click here to Send Targus28 a Private Message Add Targus28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clabel
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Apr 2012
Location: Las Vegas

quote:
Originally posted by Targus28
Come on, bit harsh, you don't know the guy and you can't trust your intuition from over a computer monitor and a few words he has said.You can doing anything you put your mind too, period.Just because hes asked, how does that make him doomed form the word go? Stop being so Looney

If your passionate about it mate, and work at it HARD, you can do it.You really need to be putting like all the hours you can, learning your tools, and practicing using these tools.All comes down to hard work.If your really wanna go for it, just do it


God bless you.

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Clabel Click here to Send Clabel a Private Message Add Clabel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Targus28
tranceaddict



Registered: May 2011
Location: england

quote:
Originally posted by Clabel
Once again,

Your a nobody, bashing people on threads, instead of helping someone.


Don't worry about it

Honestly, there's so much and experience you'll need i recommend getting in the studio with someone who can produce, and watch how they do it.

Otherwise, gather up some good sample Library's and Virtual Instruments

Start watching as many You Tube videos as you can on using Logic, there's loads.Read the manual if you want

Gather together ALL the In The Studios by Future mag, sit there, watch all of them, then watch them again, then again, soak them up

Here's a link to one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1idPR-Mv-U

Practice, Practice, Practice, ask questions, get feedback, you really need to be thinking about music every minute of the day too, ideas etc, ways to improve etc

Hope that helps a little

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:35  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Targus28 Click here to Send Targus28 a Private Message Add Targus28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clabel
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Apr 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Im currently trying to soak up as much information I can from sonicacadamy.com

I know It's going to be extremely tough, I just wanted some direction from some passionate people as well.

Thank you though!

Old Post Apr-11-2012 21:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Clabel Click here to Send Clabel a Private Message Add Clabel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Apr 2010
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by Clabel
Once again,

Your a nobody, bashing people on threads, instead of helping someone.


IMDB would disagree. I'm not bashing anyone. You asked for my opinion. You specified honest. You are asking how to i become great. If that isn't a lazy , well fuck me. And why anyone would help such a fuckhead expecting to be spoon fed information, is beyond me.

So to recapitulate, you have the unfortunate luck to stumble upon someone that actually does music for a living and makes more than your daddy that gets annoyed by idiots that post how to be something. I could help you but why would i waste my time when you have not spent a fucking hour doing research. Would it sound rather silly if i asked how do i become a doctor ? Well this is that times 1000. The fact that you haven't done any research at all shows that you have 0 work ethic so i think my analysis was quite fair and honest.


___________________
"This is why Superman works alone." GC
old stuff from days gone by (2001-2004)
Mad For Brad's gay little contest

Old Post Apr-11-2012 22:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Need your honest advice!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:11.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2014

Privacy Statement
Geo Visitors Map

Icon