Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Markus sends thanks to TA
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jdub889
Supreme tranceaddict

Markus sends thanks to TA

from markus' latest blog (referencing the los angeles '12 release party in february):

I have to give a shoutout especially to the guys and girls on the Tranceaddict boards who supported me that weekend. The people on there were among the first to really embrace who I was musically and did so much to help build my career many years ago. I never thought Id be hosting a full weekend in your city and selling out two nights in a row, and I know that theres no chance Id ever have made it to where I am without your support. So a sincere thanks to everyone who keeps on believing in me all year round there.

The hard part now for me is going to be - how the hell do I top this weekend the next time I play in Los Angeles?! Ill have to try somehow.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mark...150778632587061

Old Post May-12-2012 03:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jdub889 Click here to Send jdub889 a Private Message Add jdub889 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jasyn
tranceaddict

he's not human i definitely can't wait till his artist album

Old Post May-12-2012 05:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jasyn Click here to Send jasyn a Private Message Add jasyn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
suntrancin
Senior tranceaddict

Nice to see he still remembers/acknowledges TA!

Old Post May-12-2012 05:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for suntrancin Click here to Send suntrancin a Private Message Add suntrancin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wackadoo
Senior tranceaddict

Super cool blog post on his part.

Old Post May-12-2012 15:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wackadoo Click here to Send wackadoo a Private Message Add wackadoo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
freakster
Supreme tranceaddict

been coming around to markus of late, def cool of him to give us a shout out

Old Post May-13-2012 03:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for freakster Click here to Send freakster a Private Message Add freakster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by freakster
been coming around to markus of late, def cool of him to give us a shout out

weren't you like his number 1 hater??? lol
this isn't the first time he's showed love to TA

Old Post May-13-2012 03:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...=1#.T68tur_wOUc

Just in case anyone missed it...reviews and pics begin on page 18...

Old Post May-13-2012 04:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

One of the few Trance DJ's I respect.

I hung out with him in Vegas a few days ago, I influenced him to play a tech house track...and he played it.

I'm bringing him into the darkside.

Old Post May-13-2012 19:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic

One of the few Trance DJ's I respect.

I hung out with him in Vegas a few days ago, I influenced him to play a tech house track...and he played it.

I'm bringing him into the darkside.

What track did he play?

Also, you should check out the first hour from world tour wmc Miami. Might have my genres messed up a little but very nice progressive /techno buildup.

Old Post May-13-2012 20:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

Markus has a fancy with techno. More than most might think.

:-)

Old Post May-13-2012 21:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

TA has always been a huge supporter of Markus.

It's been brought up before, but Markus flew out to SF and played in Oakland for FREE in 2003 for a 21st birthday party of someone who was a finalist in his bedroom DJ contest he used to have every year. The guy only had to pay for Markus' flight and hotel. Not only did he play for free in the back of a shitty, run-down shit-hole bar with a broken mixer in front of maybe 30 people, but he played an absolutely fucking, one of the best 3+ hour sets I've ever heard . Some of you were there -- you know what I mean.

That right there says everything about Markus' character.

Hell, when we talk we don't even talk music it's about our kids!

A bunch of us (SCG, GPC, myself, Clovis, etc etc etc) have always been behind Markus since we started listening to his show in 2002/2003 and Markus has always been one to point us out (a few of us have had special mentions in the credits for his albums/mixes).

Dude overall is a class-act and why my wife and I go out of our way to see him and show him support. Us dancing behind Markus in SF is considered "tradition" at this point (I didn't make that up!) . To be sure we had a babysitter for Markus last time he was here as it was on a Thursday night, we flew our son's grandmother in just so she could babysit.

Yeah, you could say I completely respect Markus as a person and as a DJ. And I respect him even more since he's going against the grain and playing what he wants to play, including not overkilling his sets with vocals (which is an easy way to get the n00bs to like him).

Old Post May-13-2012 22:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
TA has always been a huge supporter of Markus.

It's been brought up before, but Markus flew out to SF and played in Oakland for FREE in 2003 for a 21st birthday party of someone who was a finalist in his bedroom DJ contest he used to have every year. The guy only had to pay for Markus' flight and hotel. Not only did he play for free in the back of a shitty, run-down shit-hole bar with a broken mixer in front of maybe 30 people, but he played an absolutely fucking, one of the best 3+ hour sets I've ever heard . Some of you were there -- you know what I mean.

That right there says everything about Markus' character.

Hell, when we talk we don't even talk music it's about our kids!

A bunch of us (SCG, GPC, myself, Clovis, etc etc etc) have always been behind Markus since we started listening to his show in 2002/2003 and Markus has always been one to point us out (a few of us have had special mentions in the credits for his albums/mixes).

Dude overall is a class-act and why my wife and I go out of our way to see him and show him support. Us dancing behind Markus in SF is considered "tradition" at this point (I didn't make that up!) . To be sure we had a babysitter for Markus last time he was here as it was on a Thursday night, we flew our son's grandmother in just so she could babysit.

Yeah, you could say I completely respect Markus as a person and as a DJ. And I respect him even more since he's going against the grain and playing what he wants to play, including not overkilling his sets with vocals (which is an easy way to get the n00bs to like him).

well said. which is why i don't understand why there is so much hate towards him in the music discussion forum. just a bunch of hard asses i guess that hate on everything.

Old Post May-13-2012 22:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Markus sends thanks to TA
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread