Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Why do YOU like making Tracks?
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

if someone said straight up, i get pussy , i like pussy , so i make more music. I get that. i don't get , i hope i get pussy. Both are honest, both are kinda pathetic, but somehow the second one. is just a little more pathetic because the first example does not preclude pussy before making music. The second one does.

Old Post May-15-2012 22:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stuart Silver
Senior tranceaddict

Um, so if I already have pussy, should I just give up my feeble attempts at making music?

Confused.

Old Post May-15-2012 22:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Stuart Silver Click here to Send Stuart Silver a Private Message Add Stuart Silver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i never said anyone should stop. I mean my personal opinion, the reason you should quit would be because you suck. But i'm not really in a position to tell anyone what to do.

Old Post May-15-2012 22:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

I prefer making songs by jamming out with either my hardware or guitars rather than making regular dance tracks. I enjoy the end result of making a dance track but I rather be more of a musician than a producer. It's hard to keep my creativity and drive going when making a track.

Old Post May-15-2012 22:39  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
Or YOUR JUST TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL STTUPID FOR DISAGREEING WITH YOU!!!!

I would never try to make you feel sttupid. I can't even pronounce that word.

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
...the reason you should quit would be because you suck.

That would be the best reason to not quit, in my book.

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post May-15-2012 23:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djshire
Senior tranceaddict

Old Post May-15-2012 23:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djshire Click here to Send djshire a Private Message Add djshire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

I want to be like them (in 20 years)

Cheers

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post May-15-2012 23:21  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik

I am not smart enough to perceive my own stupidity so you definitely can't succeed.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post May-15-2012 23:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik

That would be the best reason to not quit, in my book.

well if you motives are as a hobby, i could agree. But those that feel the need to try and make it in the commercial arena flooding the world with shit, i think it is the right thing to do for humanity.

Old Post May-16-2012 00:23 
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

i make music to keep from going insane. havent made anything in years and im about to explode...

Old Post May-16-2012 20:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by clay
i make music to keep from going insane. havent made anything in years and im about to explode...

Well fucking get on with it in your new apartment.. No excuses now, and I have a feeling you new shit will be pretty fucking decent.

Sidestepping the handbags at dawn between Dave and Richie (it's like Friday night at at the Blue Oyster Bar and someone just tried to cut in line )....

I make music because I love the process of creating something from a blank project in to a tangible form expression; The feeling of the fact I can make something from nothing, whilst teaching myself something is intensely rewarding. Sure playing it to someone and getting a positive reaction is nice, but certainly not part of the creation process and frankly the fear that it sucks greatly outweighs the possibility that it doesn't, so that would never be a realistic motivation for me.

I suppose I'm an engineer in that respect rather than a musician; I don't really care for the gratification of personal validation that can be yeilded from other people - it's the process and challenge of making something beautiful and complex. I have honestly worked on some tracks for over 6 months before, carefully noodling away and the thing constantly evolving, never quite finishing it as it morphs in to something ever more detailed or simplified.

This, or just the promise of some poontang.

Old Post May-16-2012 23:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney

so your motive is to be popular and adulated ? kinda pathetic.

Again, not to garner popularity or adulation, but in part making music so others can admire the work, a bit like all those famous English landscape gardeners such as Capability Browne.

My mates Dad paints, he lights up when showing people his works, makes it all worthwhile for him.

I see no harm in this.

Watch TV chefs when people taste thier wares, they are oh so pleased when people then validate thier efforts.

I admire great film makers, so what?

Listen to Madonna or Tom Cruise being interviewed, it's all me me, I I, what I did for the world, what I'm about to give the world.
They enjoy validation of thier efforts.

PS - I know I suck, but as Cryo said, that's reason enough to keep on trying till you 110.

Was is this obsession you have with youth and age? Morgan Freeman got his first break in his 50's. Good work is good work.

Lastly, what have singers looks got to do with anything? Cryos singers look damned near perfect anyway, put not in that 100% flawless barbie doll way that I find personally unattractive.

Old Post May-17-2012 14:32  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Why do YOU like making Tracks?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread