Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Platform Cherry Beach w/ Subb-An + Friends - Victoria Day 2012
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LightsOut
Antagonist

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Jun-04-2012 18:30  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

quote:
Originally posted by Espresso
Promise always either has volunteers or they just do the clean-up afterwards themselves (Dave and Irving go around and pick up people's garbage)

I don't know, but Platform could've done a better job planning on post event cleanup.

let's hope Promise get their license back, it would be devastating.

I believe the Platform guys were out there late, and into the next few days working hard to clean the beach. I doubt they themselves expected this many people.

It was also a rare case of things coming together too well. Perfect weather, long weekend, fireworks and a dj thats maybe a little too well known for a place like CB.

I too hope that promise gets their permit re-approved.

While this was a sweet party, I guess we all know now that its better to keep this event under 1000 people.

release.

Old Post Jun-04-2012 18:45  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for feelgood Click here to Send feelgood a Private Message Add feelgood to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Espresso
Sans Le Title

I don't think anyone was expecting 4000 people, that seems to be the culprit.

Promise parties are pretty much more uniform in terms of people who attend every week, whereas this one was a giant gathering, things did get out of hand (we watched as the western fence came down at one point and it took them 10 minutes to put it up again) so I'm not blaming Platform, there were way too many people and the garbage situation is a direct result of that.

Promise will probably have to move locations again as it seems the wind surfing club folks are still not happy.

Old Post Jun-04-2012 19:15  Iran
Click Here to See the Profile for Espresso Click here to Send Espresso a Private Message Add Espresso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaniz
Supreme tranceaddict

Seems like Cherry Beach parties are getting too popular to support themselves without a more legit infrastructure in place. Maybe they need to take a year off and scale things back or something.

Old Post Jun-04-2012 19:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kaniz Click here to Send kaniz a Private Message Visit kaniz's homepage! Add kaniz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
patpicos
Techno Captain

Toronto needs a location like Piknic in MTL.

Computer games dont affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, wed all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.)

Old Post Jun-05-2012 13:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for patpicos Click here to Send patpicos a Private Message Add patpicos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

More garbage cans, cigarette butt disposal stands (the metal ones) - placed around the site would help immensely. The reality is, majority of people don't give a shit about treating a public place like their own personal trash can, especially when they are intoxicated.

Platform DID stay to clean, hours after the event, through the night - but as most have mentioned 4000+ will cause this to be an almost impossible clean up for one crew to accomplish.

It's an unfortunate circumstance, but hopefully it gets resolved. Since there really aren't many outdoor options in this city, it would be sad to see this one taken away as well.

Old Post Jun-05-2012 14:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click Here to Email DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AndyVlak
tranceaddict

Hey. Anybody know whether CB is going on this Sunday? I heard from someone they were having some permit issues and it might not go down.

Thanks

Old Post Jun-10-2012 18:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyVlak Click here to Send AndyVlak a Private Message Add AndyVlak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

Promise cb starts next week

release.

Old Post Jun-10-2012 19:09  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for feelgood Click here to Send feelgood a Private Message Add feelgood to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by feelgood
Promise cb starts next week

So, this Sunday (the 24th)?

Old Post Jun-19-2012 02:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AndyVlak
tranceaddict

There was a really fun, not so packed CB party last Saturday. I have no idea who organized it, but I heard it wasn't either Promise or Platform. Anybody have an idea who did, and whether they will continue having them on Saturdays?

Old Post Jun-20-2012 00:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyVlak Click here to Send AndyVlak a Private Message Add AndyVlak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

That was 'Cherry Beats' I think it was done by Kaboom

release.

Old Post Jun-20-2012 01:10  Trinidad and Tobago
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by feelgood
That was 'Cherry Beats' I think it was done by Kaboom

nope.. kaboom has not affiliation with this, it was done by some local djs

Old Post Jun-20-2012 01:15  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list geroin is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Platform Cherry Beach w/ Subb-An + Friends - Victoria Day 2012
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread