Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Donna Summer dead at 63
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Brian Blanc
Supreme tranceaddict

Donna Summer dead at 63

Donna Summer dead at 63

By REUTERS

LOS ANGELES - Queen of disco Donna Summer, famous for her 1970s hits like “Hot Stuff,” “Last Dance” and “She Works Hard for the Money,” died on Thursday at the age of 63, her publicist said.

No cause of death was given but celebrity website TMZ.com said Summer had been suffering from cancer, and died in Florida.

“Early this morning, surrounded by family, we lost Donna Summer Sudano, a woman of many gifts, the greatest being her faith. While we grieve her passing, we are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continued legacy,” the singer’s family said in a statement issued through spokesman Brian Edwards.

The Boston-born Summer began her career in Germany where she performed in productions of the shows “Hair” and “Porgy and Bess.”

Her breakthrough hit was the song “Love to Love You Baby” released in 1975. She later dominated the disco era with the songs “Last Dance,” “Hot Stuff” and “Dim All the Lights.”

In 1983 she scored a massive hit with “She Works Hard for the Money.” Summer won five Grammys

Old Post May-17-2012 17:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Blanc Click here to Send Brian Blanc a Private Message Add Brian Blanc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brian Blanc
Supreme tranceaddict

look for Mr Tenaglia to play Donna Summer's "I feel love" sweeties.. that song is an athem in our community

Old Post May-17-2012 17:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Blanc Click here to Send Brian Blanc a Private Message Add Brian Blanc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

giorgio moroder, the original maceo plex. Sad to say that 50% of the people in that scene probably have no idea who he is. anyways RIP.

Old Post May-17-2012 18:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

Most people would say that "I feel Love" is the mother of Electronic Music... if i'm not mistaking, it was the first time electronic synth bass was used in a commercial song or something like that

Last edited by Ravemontreal on May-17-2012 at 19:02

Old Post May-17-2012 18:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
Most people would say that "I feel Love" is the mother of Electronic Music... if i'm not mistaking, it was the first time electronic synth bass was used in a commercial song or something like that

Yes! I wholeheartedly agree. Same bassline for the entire track, that's pretty much what all of us do now!

special mention to Quincy Jones for Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. Although not a synthesizer, that's one hell of a tasty bassline to be looped the entire track. The snare on Billie Jean is out of this world. Giorgio Moroder and Quincy Jones are in a league of their own!

EDIT: Not to mention that Giorgio Moroder scored "Scarface." No need to comment there. One of the best sound tracks of all time.

how has no one sampled this and made it into a hit yet:

i'm guessing here's where he got his inspiration for the Amy Holland track from:

Last edited by Casa on May-17-2012 at 19:37

Old Post May-17-2012 19:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

My personal favorite from Giorgio would be this one:

Love music from that era, those are my childhood sounds.

Old Post May-17-2012 20:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

vangelis people, vangelis.

RIP...as a kid my mom used to hammer donna's tracks. what a set of pipes.

Old Post May-17-2012 21:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
vangelis people, vangelis.

RIP...as a kid my mom used to hammer donna's tracks. what a set of pipes.

I hope you are not talking about your mom....

Old Post May-17-2012 21:18 
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

pipes means sing well en anglais calisse.

blade runner > *

Old Post May-17-2012 22:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

I thought it meant boobs.

Old Post May-17-2012 23:06 
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

those would be tatas.

Old Post May-17-2012 23:14 
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Blanc
look for Mr Tenaglia to play Donna Summer's "I feel love" sweeties.. that song is an athem in our community

yup, he played it, also heard it at Beach Club too. Too bad it wasn't the original.

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post May-22-2012 03:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Donna Summer dead at 63
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread