Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Where to start ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Greeny1210
Senior tranceaddict

Where to start ?

Hi guys

I was wondering where to start from scratch music production wise, I have a copy of Reason 3 I bought about 7 years ago but didnt have time to get my head round it all, does anyone know any Good sites to get started with some tutorials and what is the best software these days has it all moved on from reason/cubase etc

sorry for the dumb questions

Hypnotic Dreams - Classic Prog Trance mix
Eternal Sound - Progressive Trance mix
One for the Underground - Dark Progressive mix

Old Post May-19-2012 13:40  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Greeny1210 Click here to Send Greeny1210 a Private Message Visit Greeny1210's homepage! Add Greeny1210 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

First step is to give up if you haven't got the time. It takes years. You'll just end up frustrated and giving up anyway unless you can commit copious amounts of time to learning everything.

If you do want to get into it then Reason is a good place to start as it contains everything you need, but you might need to upgrade to a newer version to get some of the better stuff it now contains like the record mixer etc.

Look on Youtube for boyinaband. He's really annoying, but knows his shit and uses Reason for almost everything.

Old Post May-19-2012 13:46  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRAMM
tranceaddict

Yeah give up man, dreams are for suckas

Old Post May-19-2012 14:35  Turkey
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRAMM Click here to Send DJRAMM a Private Message Add DJRAMM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

Start with the stickies at the top of this forum.

Groove3 has very good tutorial series that will get you up to speed in Reason (and countless other software titles) in just hours, reasonably priced, too.

http://www.groove3.com/str/

But, I think one of the best things you can do is shut the door, tune out the world, and get lost in your gear/software.

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post May-19-2012 15:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list cryophonik is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRAMM
tranceaddict

tune out the world

LOL

Old Post May-19-2012 15:22  Turkey
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRAMM Click here to Send DJRAMM a Private Message Add DJRAMM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
satur8

good luck dude, PM me if you have any questions about / in reason. Im not a master but im very intermediate Do google about first.

Old Post May-20-2012 12:20  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

Seriously, upgrade Reason, if you're going to continue. It's miles more developed, now.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post May-20-2012 14:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Italian Plumber

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
good luck dude, PM me if you have any questions about / in reason. Im not a master but im very intermediate Do google about first.

Like this derp? http://www.google.com/search?q=about

Old Post May-21-2012 16:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click Here to Email itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jsrobinson

Evaluate your DAW before you buy/upgrade anything. Decide what you need out of the software and use trial versions.

Ableton is nice. Other DAWs are nice, shop around, and make sure what you have is what you want in this day n' age.

Old Post May-22-2012 07:58 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Evolve140
Only Sidechaining a Bit

Doesn't matter where you start, just as long as you do.

Old Post May-25-2012 02:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Evolve140 Click here to Send Evolve140 a Private Message Add Evolve140 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Where to start ?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread