Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Neon / Nu Rave @ EDC
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
euphoria

On a related note I did witness a funny convo between to young neons in training over having the same fluorescent yellow socks up to their knees that kinda went like this....

"Yo bro I like ur socks" (looks down and points to his socks) "no shit you got the same socks man" "where did you buy yours" "hot topic" hahaha "yea these socks are dope!" and then they had a bromance moment and hung out together listening to Armin.

Old Post May-21-2012 18:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

it definitely makes me want to puke.

but as much as i could sit here all day and make fun of the 16 year old girls who thought afrojack was the best moment of their lives..

..i'll shut up, walk over to the neon garden and enjoy richie hawtin with people that have the same tastes as i do.

Old Post May-21-2012 19:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LOSO x HOV

do you not expect to see this at ezoo now?

lols im shocked that you all are shocked

Old Post May-21-2012 19:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click Here to Email EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
do you not expect to see this at ezoo now?

lols im shocked that you all are shocked

+1 this has been going on for quite some time now. Even last year's EZ had half the population looking like LMFAO and Paris Hiltons children.

Old Post May-21-2012 21:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

This neon shit has been going on for years. When I was in school a few years ago, it took over once that shitty electro became popular.

I saw pictures that made me want to puke. I don't care what anyone wears really, but I just can't hang around those types of crowds. If I want to hang out with Bros, I would stay in NJ.

Old Post May-21-2012 21:31  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kingchinc
Captain Closer

best shirt i saw was "I'm fat, lets party"

Old Post May-21-2012 22:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kingchinc Click here to Send kingchinc a Private Message Add kingchinc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc

I want it.

Old Post May-21-2012 23:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc

Best shirt I saw was some kid that had "My Nose is Lonely" in big font, made me lol

Old Post May-21-2012 23:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Eu Pili
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR

as long as they behave and dont get stupid on drugs i really could careless...but if they act a fool than it is def a buzz kill to the party

Sad part.. I actually had to walk away twice from these type of instances on Saturday. The funny one was when Ingrosso dropped Save The World, some douche bag with about 5 sweatbands, neon shirt/shorts decided it would be fun to jump into people and spray his beer everywhere. I just remember some girl walking up to him, pouring her beer all over him and slapping him in the face.

I just don't understand how people can listen to Afrojack.. As I was leaving last night, it just sounded like pure shit coming out of those speakers.. I dunno..... Trolol.

Old Post May-22-2012 00:17  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Eu Pili Click here to Send Eu Pili a Private Message Add Eu Pili to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kadomony
FRENCH EXPRESS

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC YOU GUYS HEEE HEEEHEEE

Blueshift - Mirin<-FREE!
Michael King "Fur Elana" Remix
Facebook::Soundcloud::Mixcloud::Youtube::Twitter

Old Post May-22-2012 00:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kadomony Click here to Send kadomony a Private Message Visit kadomony's homepage! Add kadomony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
I've seen pictures on my facebook newsfeed of old friends at festivals in that sort of attire. I just can't help but shudder at the thought of it.

Some past friends of mine from college who I can now say, most assuredly, embody the term 'bro' (and certainly embodied it when I knew them) have been making the rounds in the festival scene as well. I see pictures of them in day glo outfits, loose fitting tank tops with neon headbands, and so on and so forth. These are the same friends, mind you, who for four years refused to go to coachella with me. Over that same time period, week in and week out they'd tell me 'yeah we're down to check out that party with you next weekend' and then come go-time I'd have to attend alone / with only whoever my girl at the time was.

Even the more "I don't know anything about dance music and am weirded out by strange people but I like to have a good time"-friendly events weren't appealing enough for them. This year they asked if they'd see me at Coachella. We went different weeks. Still, I didn't have the heart to tell them that Coachella-as-true-music-experience is dying, quick. The Levels crowd has taken over the once-eclectic dance music scene there, and the festival is less stacked, for lack of a better word, with talent (emerging, past, present) than it used to be. That's a whole 'nother rant though.

What I'm really wanting to say is that it's a very popular thing to do now - be interested in dubstepping to remixes of levels. The bro crowd has latched onto it as a result of the associated 'coolness' and are trying, desperately, to integrate themselves seamlessly.

I'm going to DEMF next week with this girl I've never met before and she was saying something along the lines of "Detroit scares me, maybe it's best if I don't wear any of my rave outfits." To her credit, this girl has (mostly) very good taste in music, but is also influenced by her generation (18-21 crowd now, I guess)--in that regard, she's unlike anyone I've met before. She loves Dash Berlin and SHM, but no more than she loves Martin Buttrich and Chris Liebling.

Maybe I'm just too cynical, jaded.
Maybe we all are?

what happened to that older chick you dated?

hope all is well bro :-)

Old Post May-22-2012 01:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by Eu Pili
Sad part.. I actually had to walk away twice from these type of instances on Saturday. The funny one was when Ingrosso dropped Save The World, some douche bag with about 5 sweatbands, neon shirt/shorts decided it would be fun to jump into people and spray his beer everywhere. I just remember some girl walking up to him, pouring her beer all over him and slapping him in the face.

wow that is a real douchebag you're right
even if i did actually save the world i wouldnt pour cheap beer on random people and play that crappy song

Old Post May-22-2012 01:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Neon / Nu Rave @ EDC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread