Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > CPU Processing Power
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

So Nexus is really that big of a beast then right??

08.30 - John Digweed
08.30 - DJRYAN
08.31 - Feed Me
09.03 - Zedd
09.14 - Above & Beyond
09.24 - DJRYAN
09.27 - Tomorrowworld

Old Post May-25-2012 01:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJRYAN™
see now I'm really irritated.. because I know I installed 32bit VST's..because I knew that Ableton didn't support 64-bit.. but I'm teling you Ableton prior to me adding all that RAM worked really well.. And now its not..

The only thing else I can think of trying would be the output latency, which I usually keep around the 5k mark.. which is where it is now.. Not sure that'll help either..

And to elaborate, the cpu usuage comes in spikes without any other programs or background tasks running. I close those in the task manager.

do you have anything else installed on your computer
what sound card
what else is running ie processes

Old Post May-25-2012 01:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJRYAN™
So Nexus is really that big of a beast then right??

no it is just a shitty tool for shitty producers.

Old Post May-25-2012 01:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
no it is just a shitty tool for shitty producers.

I've only been using it for that one sound.. I like Sylenth much better.. But yea, everything is closed. I go into the task manager regularily to make sure everything I don't need running is turned off yet the problem still persists. So, I know that I installed everything correctly, from vst's to the RAM I just bought. The only other thing I did was reformat my computer. Which, now the OS is running lots better, but Ableton's not.

So, yea, my soundcard. I have two. I have an m-audio USB one that I got in my ProTools package, and then the one in the computer which is some IDT High Definition Audio one that came w/ the computer.

08.30 - John Digweed
08.30 - DJRYAN
08.31 - Feed Me
09.03 - Zedd
09.14 - Above & Beyond
09.24 - DJRYAN
09.27 - Tomorrowworld

Old Post May-25-2012 01:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

Dual Core seems kind of slow for music production...

Try loading the previous session where your CPU was okay.

One thing to note is that one channel will use only one core.

Old Post May-25-2012 03:14  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux

Try loading the previous session where your CPU was okay.

One thing to note is that one channel will use only one core.

I figured it out.. see.. I normally produce music on my laptop and with my headphones right? well, when I started this afternoon I was sitting with my laptop on the table and it was fine. Well now, after its been sitting on my lap it can't breathe, so its gotten hot, which has overworked the processor.

08.30 - John Digweed
08.30 - DJRYAN
08.31 - Feed Me
09.03 - Zedd
09.14 - Above & Beyond
09.24 - DJRYAN
09.27 - Tomorrowworld

Old Post May-25-2012 04:06 
meriter
Supreme tranceaddict

might want to crack 'er open and clean it. Hit that bitch with some dust-off

Old Post May-25-2012 04:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Evolve140
Tan & Sexy

Did you know it's entirely possible to create the sounds found in Nexus, with your own dedication and hard work, but better? Knowing how to make you own sounds offers flexibility, but since the brutality has been unleashed, I'm going with it.

Learn how to make your own fucking synths. Stop putting a limiter on your master, it makes your shitty shit louder shitty shit. It's like SUPER LOUD SHIT. STOP .

Sounds like you have a problem with plugins. Down the line, if everything isn't a legit purchase, you don't know how cracked architecture will work, and your computer is lagging, whatever. You haven't disclosed this yet.

For me, I'm sickened by the the fact that you put a limiter on you master while you work on tracks. There are 1,000 threads on, PRINCIPLE, why this is wrong, but you simply aren't tuned in to even know what the fuck people are taking about.

Fuck dude, feed your kids, take them to school, live your life. Stop existing on this forum. Glad I never got involved with any of these bullshit threads before.

Old Post May-25-2012 05:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Evolve140 Click here to Send Evolve140 a Private Message Add Evolve140 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sicc
Supreme tranceaddict

maybe by the AMD phenom II six core... cheap...as long as your mother board supports it. cpu's are not very expensive.

Old Post May-25-2012 07:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sicc Click here to Send sicc a Private Message Add sicc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deillon
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux

Dual Core is certainly viable for producing, but yeah, if you use stuff like Omnisphere or hungry FX plugins performance starts to degrade in big projects.

Nexus is this thing we all try out because it's easy, once you figure out synthesis you'll get rid of it, sylenth is cheaper and uses low cpu, seems like an easy decision for me.

Old Post May-25-2012 09:56  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Deillon Click here to Send Deillon a Private Message Add Deillon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

not sure how the m-audio would be for latency, do a search on how soundcard latency affects your DAW, basically the lower it is the more your CPU is having to work
so try reducing that and see if everything gets smoother - downside is youll notice a delay if you are using a midi keyboard
and i wouldnt bother using the onboard soundcard

Old Post May-25-2012 10:46  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Italian Plumber

You have latency set to 5000? LOL
On my old shitty studio computer i had it on 128 and everything was smooth. Now I have it on 64.

But yah, if you want to make music - step 1 - either upgrade to win7 or downgrade to xp. you dont use vista forvmusic, and im pretty sure its been said on these forums many times.

Old Post May-25-2012 11:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click Here to Email itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > CPU Processing Power
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread