Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Need recommendations on new 2012 released dance tracks.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

Need recommendations on new 2012 released dance tracks.

Beatport has 50% off on loss less upgrades for a couple of more days so I am in a buying frenzy. I would love some recommendations on new songs released in 2012 that are made for a dance floor.

I am specifically looking at anything progressive, trance, psy-trance, and techno.

I generally prefer home listening dubstep, drum and bass, IDM, or garage but if you think there is a killer new high energy track in those genres I am also interested. Sorry if this type of post is done ad naseum around here but I would love some recommendations. Thanks once again for recommendations.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post May-26-2012 03:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

New EPs by Cosmithex, Airwave, Oliver Prime and Timewave will probably tickle your ears.

On a somewhat related note, I think you'll get a kick out of the new mix in my sig. Lots of trance and prog from the last 18 months or so.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post May-26-2012 04:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

Familiar with those new trance eps. Got any techno or progressive house recs? BTW loving your new mix. Will write some thoughts about it on that thread when done listening to it.

Old Post May-26-2012 19:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

There has been so much Techno this year, I don't even know where to start. What are you into specifically? Do you enjoy tool-ish Techno such as this? Taking a guess, you might enjoy the latest EP on Dolly. The Indirect Light EP has been some of the best ambient Techno in quite some time.

Old Post May-26-2012 20:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
There has been so much Techno this year, I don't even know where to start. What are you into specifically? Do you enjoy tool-ish Techno such as this? Taking a guess, you might enjoy the latest EP on Dolly. The Indirect Light EP has been some of the best ambient Techno in quite some time.

In general I love the stuff Tresor and Traum put out now. I really liked the Lost Digits EP and the Indirect Light EP you posted and both those are right up my alley but I am actually looking way more for stuff like the Hidden EP. The other EPs and the Traum and Tresor stuff I generally view more as home listening techno and I have way too much of that stuff already. Really hoping for recommendations like Hidden or the Shifted Remix of Provoke. Stuff that sounds like it should be played at maximum volume at a filthy underground Berlin club that evokes images of Dubmission and The E-Werk nightclub from the early 90s. Great recommendations so far. Thanks!

Old Post May-26-2012 21:26  United States
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
Got any techno or progressive house recs? BTW loving your new mix.

All tracks from 2012:

Alexander Miguel - Planet Of People
Damabiah - La Danse Des Morts Sur Le Mont Aux Nymphes (Ian Gamboa Remix)
Adam P - Ancient Secrets
Carlos Fox - Magic Tears
Biologik - Breaking Through
Dynamic Illusion - Here I Go (Relaunch Remix) - also check it out Relaunch's album

If you like some of this tracks, let me know and i can show you more

Old Post May-26-2012 21:34  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Really hoping for recommendations like Hidden or the Shifted Remix of Provoke. Stuff that sounds like it should be played at maximum volume at a filthy underground Berlin club that evokes images of Dubmission and The E-Werk nightclub from the early 90s. Great recommendations so far. Thanks!

There's absolute heaps of that kind of Techno out there. Self promotion here, you should check out the mix on my soundcloud
Another good entry point would be this compilation on Delsin sister label Ann Aimee. If you want I can write a longer list of labels.

Old Post May-26-2012 21:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by rdevito
All tracks from 2012:

Alexander Miguel - Planet Of People
Damabiah - La Danse Des Morts Sur Le Mont Aux Nymphes (Ian Gamboa Remix)
Adam P - Ancient Secrets
Carlos Fox - Magic Tears
Biologik - Breaking Through
Dynamic Illusion - Here I Go (Relaunch Remix) - also check it out Relaunch's album

If you like some of this tracks, let me know and i can show you more

Already owned both the biologik track and the ian gomboa remix but definitively liked the relaunch remix that i hadnt heard! thanks for the recommendations.

Old Post May-26-2012 22:09  United States
paulversuspaul

quote:
There's absolute heaps of that kind of Techno out there. Self promotion here, you should check out the mix on my soundcloud
Another good entry point would be this compilation on Delsin sister label Ann Aimee. If you want I can write a longer list of labels.

I am gonna give your mix a listen later today. Actually I would love a recommendation on any techno released this year that is above 130bpm that you think is pure class. I almost never seem to find techno above 130 anymore that contains quality productions. Thanks.

Old Post May-26-2012 22:19  United States
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I am gonna give your mix a listen later today. Actually I would love a recommendation on any techno released this year that is above 130bpm that you think is pure class. I almost never seem to find techno above 130 anymore that contains quality productions. Thanks.

Most Techno nowawdays tends to stop at 130 but one label that is essential for Techno well in the 130s is Token. I especially recommend everything by Phase. His latest EP got a lot of attention, deservedly so. Other than that you should have a look at the spanish Techno guys ie. Oscar Mulero, Exium, Reeko.

And he hasn't released anything this year yet (though I've heard there's lots to come), but everything DVS1 puts out is gold and it's all well in the 130s.

Old Post May-26-2012 22:38 
MSZ
satur8

Old Post May-26-2012 22:42  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Most Techno nowawdays tends to stop at 130 but one label that is essential for Techno well in the 130s is Token. I especially recommend everything by Phase. His latest EP got a lot of attention, deservedly so. .

That is exactly what I was looking for! Awesome. Just got the Phase EP. High energy driving dark shit. Love it. Thanks.

Old Post May-26-2012 22:55  United States

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Need recommendations on new 2012 released dance tracks.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread