Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Distant Places [Progressive Trance]
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Jack Moss - Distant Places [Progressive Trance]

This mix looks very straightforward, but a lot of effort actually went into getting it right. I came up with the second half first, throwing tunes together and coming up with a really nice flow, and I tried to work back and craft a good intro. Reverse-engineering a mix like this is tough because you're building flow backwards, which is counter-intuitive. In the end it took a classic from deep in the box to bring it all together, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. Very little psy influence, some of you will be pleased to hear.

Distant Places [Progressive Trance]

01. Solar Fields - Infection 268-7 [Ultimae]
02. Airwave - Atlas Winds [L*C*D*]
03. Cosmithex - Stone Cold [J00F]
04. Vision & Canedy - Aero Plane [Hadshot Hahezair]
05. Tarrentella - Saturn (Tarrentella Vs Redanka Remix) [Whoop!]
06. Anton Chernikov & Crystal Verge - Invasion (Psy Progressive Remix) [J00F]
07. Timewave - Relentless [J00F]
08. Timewave - Multiverse [N/A]
09. Leama - Melodica (Humate Remix) [Platipus]
10. Protonica - Upstream (Paulina Cewe Remix) [AP]
11. Orkidea - Hot Trigger [Solaris]
12. Kirk Degiorgio - Exodus Earth [Applied Rhythmic Technology]

01:19:39 256kps 145mb
Download: http://www.sushipunk.net/Mixes/Distant%20Places.mp3

Enjoy, and let me know what you thought.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Sep-01-2012 at 00:28

Old Post May-26-2012 03:58  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

In for sure.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post May-26-2012 04:13  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Jack Moss - Distant Places [Progressive Trance]

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
This mix looks very straightforward, but a lot of effort actually went into getting it right. I came up with the second half first, throwing tunes together and coming up with a really nice flow, and I tried to work back and craft a good intro. Reverse-engineering a mix like this is tough because you're building flow backwards, which is counter-intuitive. In the end it took a classic from deep in the box to bring it all together, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. Very little psy influence, some of you will be pleased to hear.

Distant Places [Progressive Trance]

01. Solar Fields - Infection 268-7 [Ultimae]
02. Airwave - Atlas Winds [L*C*D*]
03. Cosmithex - Stone Cold [J00F]
04. Vision & Canedy - Aero Plane [Hadshot Hahezair]
05. Tarrentella - Saturn (Tarrentella Vs Redanka Remix) [Whoop!]
06. Anton Chernikov & Crystal Verge - Invasion (Psy Progressive Remix) [J00F]
07. Timewave - Relentless [J00F]
08. Timewave - Multiverse [N/A]
09. Leama - Melodica (Humate Remix) [Platipus]
10. Protonica - Upstream (Paulina Cewe Remix) [AP]
11. Orkidea - Hot Trigger [Solaris]
12. Kirk Degiorgio - Exodus Earth [Applied Rhythmic Technology]

01:19:39 256kps 145mb

Enjoy, and let me know what you thought.

Looks class - can't wait to check it out

Old Post May-26-2012 08:36  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Yeah, if you've been keeping up with trance there shouldn't be many surprises here, but hopefully the mixing and flow will add something. Mr JonDC up there has been pestering me to be less obscure and just put some music out there, and with the lush summer weather we're having right now I couldn't disagree.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post May-26-2012 12:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Looks tasty! In.

Click here for recent sets and compilations

Old Post May-26-2012 15:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

I really enjoyed this - it's very interesting how you've structured it. I'd go as far as to say it is quite up and down in terms of energy levels and 'moods', but I think that given you are using more familiar tunes than usual, it's for the best that you have made it a slightly different journey. It still flows, which means I don't mind having the energy levels ramped up and then brought back down again

I think the thing I like best about the mix is where you have used tunes I am really familiar with - such as Atlas Winds and Relentless, you have mixed them differently to how most DJs would, making use of the intro as a major part of the transition. I wouldn't have expected Relentless to work after Invasion, but this tactic made it happen. Also, when you come out of Multiverse - the most epic track of the set - you have another interesting trick to slam Melodica back in and change direction. Very good!

I know what you mean when you talk about liking to use more obscure track. Indeed, if I was unfamiliar with the tunes this would have blown my head off. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with just making top class mixes with your favourite tunes

Old Post May-26-2012 16:58  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

that tracklist looks awesome. going to listen to it now while i work.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post May-26-2012 19:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Cleaned my whole apartment while listening to this. I did enjoy it, even though there was nothing all that groundbreaking about the tracklist. The mixing was fluid and the energy was managed very nicely. I don't think it was quite as "up and down" as Jon's review would have me believe.

During some parts of the mix, I had half expected John 00 Fleming to come on the mic going "Roight, another massive tune from Timewave, now it's time for the Turbo mix!"

Nice work though.

Set Archive v2.0

Old Post May-26-2012 20:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

Seems good. Please give me a SC link because my flash doesn't work with soundcloud..

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post May-26-2012 21:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click Here to Email Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

Fifty plus minutes into this, having to stop and go numerous times but the mixing is fabulous. lots of emphasis on harmonic mixing and song selection and way less on beat matching and trying to prove that they are beat matched by turning transitions into mashups. Love it. Also love how you can hear the intro and outros. I have always been found of intro and outros in trance music and love hearing them sometimes in mixes.

Old Post May-26-2012 22:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

oh btw Fuck Humate was a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! perfect song for this mix. just pulled the entire thing together for me fn awesome.

Old Post May-26-2012 22:23  United States
paulversuspaul

Final thoughts, my only complaint is that I did not like the finish. The last song was quality but couldnt hold up the insanity of timewave and humate. General preferences, but I have always liked ending a mix on the most powerful track and the one that you want people to remember the most. Great mix nonetheless. Really enjoyed it.

Old Post May-27-2012 00:55  United States

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Distant Places [Progressive Trance]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread