Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Space Ibiza Review
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vanos
Underground

Space Ibiza Review

anyone went to this?
great fucking party. organizers sorted everything out from last year. pleasurekraft and jay lumen were relative dissapointments this time for me (unlike other times I've seen them), but umek ripped it. Too bad he was only on for less than 2 hrs. The robot on the dancefloor was sick too.

Old Post Jun-10-2012 22:35  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vanos Click here to Send Vanos a Private Message Add Vanos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

Was a good time but forgettable over all. Crowd was a lot douchier than the one I thought these DJ's would bring out. Kryoman was definitely the highlight of the thing and more or less the only part that made it more Ibiza style than docks for another event. Umek was solid he definitely brought the energy.

Old Post Jun-11-2012 00:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darouge11
Turntable Terrorist.

pleasurekraft was actually better than I thought (beginning of his set)...REMO, who I havent heard play before, was actually GREAT!!! Will for sure make it out for him again next time, and Umek was awesome for what he does, alot of the same kinda build-ups, but he still killed it regardless..good vibes all night

Great vibes at wave house this afternoon, but not sure what dahlback played that cheesy god awful music after me, didnt even know i was on the same gig as these guys!! lol ... seriously what the hell is that sound!! eeeekkkk

-Steve Lawler

Old Post Jun-11-2012 00:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for darouge11 Click here to Send darouge11 a Private Message Add darouge11 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jester
[enigma within a enigma]

It is a pretty cool club, just way to big (like many other places in Ibiza). I was in Ibiza back in 2006 (if I remember correctly). When Sasha still had gigs at Pacha right across from Old Town. Man those were the times, now clubs have to close at a certain hour or something, because the locals are fed up. I bet the place still full of crazy ass Italians and English people. I wish I could remember who I saw at Space, all I can remember seeing a sign no taking pictures and I still did. Someone ended up taping my shoulder and pointing to the sign and I just laughed in his face, like yah not going to happen and the guy walked off.

One thing I do miss, is this road side restaurant that would serve mountains of meat I'd just go back for that and rent a villa this time, instead of a condo.

Old Post Jun-11-2012 02:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for jester Click here to Send jester a Private Message Add jester to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

quote:
Originally posted by jester
It is a pretty cool club, just way to big (like many other places in Ibiza). I was in Ibiza back in 2006 (if I remember correctly). When Sasha still had gigs at Pacha right across from Old Town. Man those were the times, now clubs have to close at a certain hour or something, because the locals are fed up. I bet the place still full of crazy ass Italians and English people. I wish I could remember who I saw at Space, all I can remember seeing a sign no taking pictures and I still did. Someone ended up taping my shoulder and pointing to the sign and I just laughed in his face, like yah not going to happen and the guy walked off.

One thing I do miss, is this road side restaurant that would serve mountains of meat I'd just go back for that and rent a villa this time, instead of a condo.

i think this thread is a review for the Space Ibiza event at Sound Academy.

Old Post Jun-11-2012 03:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click Here to Email chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sentinal
Playing with 250

Sneaker Pimp

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon

hahahaha

Old Post Jun-11-2012 04:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sentinal Click here to Send Sentinal a Private Message Add Sentinal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jester
[enigma within a enigma]

quote:
Originally posted by chinamon

yup I went there, you going to ask someone to edit my post?

Last edited by jester on Jun-11-2012 at 06:50

Old Post Jun-11-2012 06:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for jester Click here to Send jester a Private Message Add jester to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vibrations
tranceaddict in training

Thank you for the support massive success! All the Dj's were amazing!

Jay playing closing set at 3:30! Jay also went to cz and played till 8am!

Old Post Jun-13-2012 01:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for vibrations Click here to Send vibrations a Private Message Add vibrations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shankar
Senior tranceaddict

The party was alright. Good production overall. Whats up with all this generic Tech-House nowadays? Was quite disappointed with Umek's set. Was expecting his set to be abit more "dynamic", I suppose. As for Jay Lumen, was expecting nothing more/less than what he played.Would be nice too see a different lineup next time.

www.tribalvision.cz

Old Post Jun-13-2012 05:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Shankar Click here to Send Shankar a Private Message Visit Shankar's homepage! Add Shankar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by Shankar
Whats up with all this generic Tech-House nowadays? Was quite disappointed with Umek's set. Was expecting his set to be abit more "dynamic", I suppose

Tell me about it! You're a year late on this one though It's UMEK's new style.. bleh

PS. Bring Re:axis to Toronto Boris!!

Old Post Jun-13-2012 16:48  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

It's a real shame that Umek has hopped on the TTH train

Old Post Jun-13-2012 16:49  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click Here to Email PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
patpicos
Techno Captain

overall I had a pretty good night. I've been waiting to see UMEK for a long time. Sucks that his set was pretty short. I was expecting a little more from his set.

The event was high intensity all night and the crowd went nuts most of the night.

I love how they had the lazer robot w/ CO2 cannons. Last time I saw it was at Stereo when they had the mistery nights.

The sound at Sound Academy is more geared towards concerts than EDM I found the sound to be very front loaded. The lighting was pretty good and matched the intensity of what was played out.

I have a bunch of videos...but dunno whether ill post em

Computer games dont affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, wed all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.)

Old Post Jun-13-2012 20:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for patpicos Click here to Send patpicos a Private Message Add patpicos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Space Ibiza Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread