Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Riots and Anti-Government Protests in Egypt
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Brennen
Supreme tranceaddict

Riots and Anti-Government Protests in Egypt

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Government shuts down internet and cell phone communication and implements a martial law. Push people to the breaking point and this is the result.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/egypts-mubarak-imposes-curfew-after-day-of-protests-rocks-regime/article1886184/

Old Post Jan-28-2011 16:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Brennen Click here to Send Brennen a Private Message Visit Brennen's homepage! Add Brennen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jester
[enigma within a enigma]

I just wonder where else in the Arab world this will happen. Thing is, if you toss one asshole out, another asshole will replace him and will be much worse.

Anyways, I wish Tunisia and Egypt the best of luck becoming more free.

Who is next on the list? Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia?

One thing, how are things in Algeria, Morocco and Libya?

Old Post Jan-28-2011 16:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for jester Click here to Send jester a Private Message Add jester to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brennen
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jester
I just wonder where else in the Arab world this will happen. Thing is, if you toss one asshole out, another asshole will replace him and will be much worse.

Anyways, I wish Tunisia and Egypt the best of luck becoming more free.

Who is next on the list? Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia?

One thing, how are things in Algeria, Morocco and Libya?

From what I'm hearing there is uprising all over the area.

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Brennen Click here to Send Brennen a Private Message Visit Brennen's homepage! Add Brennen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hardcore trancer
Mystic Mind

This is funny because Egypt has always been called and looked upon as the ideal democracy in the Middle East by Washington. If that is the case then why is that that they are shutting down all social media's and possibly the internet? How is that democracy??

I've already started a thread in PDD if anyone wants to discuss/debate:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...3&forumid=66&s=

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DJMysticMind

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for hardcore trancer Click here to Send hardcore trancer a Private Message Visit hardcore trancer's homepage! Add hardcore trancer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
UXC
Senior tranceaddict

All these fukin news guys calling it some sort of revolution...

just like when shit hit the fan in Iran and everyone was calling that a revolution.

no revolution going on here, just some angry unorganized people as usual..

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for UXC Click Here to Email UXC Click here to Send UXC a Private Message Add UXC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
UXC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
This is funny because Egypt has always been called and looked upon as the ideal democracy in the Middle East by Washington. If that is the case then why is that that they are shutting down all social media's and possibly the internet? How is that democracy??

I've already started a thread in PDD if anyone wants to discuss/debate:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...3&forumid=66&s=

It is because the United states build the entire Egyptian governmental structure and paid or killed everyone off and insured corruption in the 50s as a part of its stratigic middle east plan. They forced their version of democracy down their throats now for many years and it paid off for them. Without at least having a couple of so-called allies in the middle east it would be harder for the American powers to reach their goals.

Now the average Egyptian is as much of a tool as the average American when it comes to politics. The Americans can do whatever they want to hinder/help the Egyptians as usual and get praised for it And Obama is talking so much shit about this now I cant even believe...

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for UXC Click Here to Email UXC Click here to Send UXC a Private Message Add UXC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brennen
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by UXC
All these fukin news guys calling it some sort of revolution...

just like when shit hit the fan in Iran and everyone was calling that a revolution.

no revolution going on here, just some angry unorganized people as usual..

How can you organize 15,000+ people? They are not linked to any political party, they are normal people who have had enough.

They just burned down the NDP headquarters.

Full support!!

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:28  Canada
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Good. Mubarak is a piece of shit. I just hope some extremists don't end up replacing the government. That will be even worse.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click Here to Email Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Adam420 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
UXC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Brennen
How can you organize 15,000+ people? They are not linked to any political party, they are normal people who have had enough.

They just burned down the NDP headquarters.

Full support!!

Sorry my point was, the word revolution gets thrown around.

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:32  Canada
Brennen
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by UXC
Sorry my point was, the word revolution gets thrown around.

That I agree with. Maybe I read your post wrong.

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:33  Canada
UXC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Good. Mubarak is a piece of shit. I just hope some extremists don't end up replacing the government. That will be even worse.

Thats the plan I would assume. Replace one tool with another worse tool that the people are tricked into thinking is actually a lesser tool. Same story different day/country.

humans...

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:33  Canada
UXC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Brennen
That I agree with. Maybe I read your post wrong.

Btw

hope the mic is treating you nice

shhh

Old Post Jan-28-2011 17:34  Canada

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Riots and Anti-Government Protests in Egypt
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread