Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I suck at my job
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
_Ocean_Drive_
Supreme tranceaddict

I suck at my job

I fucking hate my job. I constantly make so many mistakes. Fucking hate it. Really not designed to be sat behind a desk. URGH. I'm gonna quit before I'm sacked. Really wanna be working abroad again.

Anyone else hate their job?

There's a word that sums up this sort of behaviour, and that word is 'reject.'

Old Post Jun-14-2012 21:18  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for _Ocean_Drive_ Click here to Send _Ocean_Drive_ a Private Message Add _Ocean_Drive_ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
Supreme tranceaddict

At least you have a job.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 21:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Put on robe & wizard hat!

That's all right in the first weeks/months until you get used to it.

What is it that you do? Besides, you're in I-bloody-wate

quote:
Originally said by Maurice Moss
I came here to kick ass and drink milk... and I've just finished my milk

Old Post Jun-14-2012 21:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click Here to Email Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

Did you just start this job? I remember having quite a bit of difficulty at first with the systems we used (so many numbers, yuck), but once I got the hang of it, it was.. tolerable. Though the perpetually hungover, pre-menopausal bitches of coworkers made it a horrible, negative place to work.

But generally, I don't mind going to work, it's that 8 hour wait to go home that is utter bullshit.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 21:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

Yes, I hate my job with a passion. Have for the two years I've been at it. Mostly I'm just too lazy to find a new one.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 21:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

i love my job, but i rape kids.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 21:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chris Crossland
Duke Silver

I love my job.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 21:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Crossland Click here to Send Chris Crossland a Private Message Add Chris Crossland to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Nope, like it very much actually. The amount of responsibility and freedom you have in academia is great. Probably I won't stay there after my PhD, though.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Jun-14-2012 22:05  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
_Ocean_Drive_
Supreme tranceaddict

No, I'm not in Iwate Haven't been since Aug 2010. Had this job since Sept 2010.

I work in London in the city for a tour operator, arranging holidays to Japan and Asia. It's the maths, and I'm so fucking careless. Lost lots of money. I am not cut out for being sat behind a desk all day, I am more of a people person.

Really want to move back to Jap-land or somewhere else like Vanocuver / Aus / NZ.

Point being, I don't think I have long, so I'd rather jump before I'm pushed.

EDIT: Failed a phone interview for recruitment consultant in Tokyo - that's how desperate I am.

There's a word that sums up this sort of behaviour, and that word is 'reject.'

Old Post Jun-14-2012 22:06  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for _Ocean_Drive_ Click here to Send _Ocean_Drive_ a Private Message Add _Ocean_Drive_ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Put on robe & wizard hat!

quote:
Originally posted by _Ocean_Drive_
No, I'm not in Iwate

Oh
quote:
I work in London in the city for a tour operator, arranging holidays to Japan and Asia. It's the maths, and I'm so fucking careless. Lost lots of money. I am not cut out for being sat behind a desk all day, I am more of a people person.

I know what you mean, so am I... I'd probably have jumped out the window by now
quote:
Point being, I don't think I have long

Why!?
quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
Nope, like it very much actually. The amount of responsibility and freedom you have in academia is great.

+1.

quote:
Originally said by Maurice Moss
I came here to kick ass and drink milk... and I've just finished my milk

Old Post Jun-14-2012 22:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click Here to Email Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

Come be my Chinese cleaning lady.

Old Post Jun-14-2012 22:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
VANDIT Knight

I get to travel a LOT with my current job, so (I'm sorry to say that) my job is rather enjoyable. I guess I'm on of the fortunate few.

In all honesty, though, if you don't like your job, you need to formulate an exit plan. ASAP. There's nothing worse than spending 1/3 of your life in a role that you're not happy with.

>>> Beatport Stuff <<<

Old Post Jun-14-2012 22:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click Here to Email Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > I suck at my job
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread