COR MD: What took Lira's breath away?
Every now and then, someone posts a thread asking the COR for advice - as if an online forum could be a substitute for an actual doctor in front of you. More often, however, we become ill and go see a doctor without turning to the COR for help - mainly because it's pointless 99% of the time. I can't remember the last time someone asked for help here AND actually went on to visit a doctor... but, since I'm just waiting for a few exams and I'm going to see the doctor again anyway, I don't see why I shouldn't bother you and the specialists at the same time
All right, here are the symptoms:
So, COR, what mysterious disease is this? Your turn!
- I can't breath properly (it's like my lungs can't ever work at full capacity);
- Although my body is particularly fond of sinusitis, the first doctor pressed his thumbs against my sinus (and surrounding areas) and I didn't feel any pain;
- The first doctor reckoned I just had a flu, but the medicine he prescribed didn't really do anything;
- The second doctor decided to have me examined in every possible way, and although I still need to take a couple of x-rays (face/thorax), I did some cardio-thing-mabob and turns out my lungs and heart are in very good shape;
- Although to my knowledge pneumonia is not a transmissible disease, I should add that I'm currently living with a pneumonia-stricken fiancée;
- I was very active until this stupid breathlessness began, having run 250 kilometres (155 random Imperial distance units) a bit under three months (my goal was to run all this until mid-May).
|Originally said by Maurice Moss|
I came here to kick ass and drink milk... and I've just finished my milk