Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast TV Recommendations
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TheFox00
Senior tranceaddict

Loiter Squad is a good one. It's on Cartoon Network and features the members of Odd Future. Some of the skits can be kinda out their but every now and then they have some funny stuff.

Old Post Jun-22-2012 21:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TheFox00 Click here to Send TheFox00 a Private Message Add TheFox00 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sadface
I'm a big fan of mad men, game of thrones, always sunny, south park, and recently watched all of Archer in about a week. Great show.

I actually watched several episodes of Workaholics on netflix last night just to check it out. I have mixed feelings. It has funny moments but there's so much frat boy douchery that I can't really get behind it.

Archer. I see that on netflix. Might check it out now.

Old Post Jun-22-2012 21:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wackadoo
Senior tranceaddict

Some great shows on Audience channel on Directv. Underbelly Files and Rake fr Australia. Call Me Fitz from Canada.

Old Post Jun-22-2012 22:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wackadoo Click here to Send wackadoo a Private Message Add wackadoo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
soundcloud.com/jonmitz

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Archer. I see that on netflix. Might check it out now.

wow, you haven't heard of archer? you're going to love it, it's probably (one of) the best show(s) right now

Old Post Jun-22-2012 22:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click Here to Email jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

There are many good HBO and Showtime series on DVD now.

I've watched every episode of Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, Entourage and Boardwalk Empire.

On Showtime I like Nurse Jackie, Homeland and Weeds (new season coming soon). (I'd like to watch Dexter from the beginning)

Last edited by mar46017 on Jun-26-2012 at 00:26

Old Post Jun-22-2012 22:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by darthseph

American TV is almost all crap imo... sadly.

You must not watch Mad Men

Old Post Jun-22-2012 22:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

Recently - I got a kick out of HBO's Veep.

As for anime - watch Cowboy Bebop!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun-22-2012 23:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darthseph
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
any good anime's that come on netflix.

never really got into Anime but there was one really good one. I think it was called Escalflowne or Escalflow or something like that

I've never used Netflix tbh so I'm not sure what's there... lol.

I really liked Code Geass (both seasons) as well as Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun, and of course Neon Genesis Evangelion (the new films are dope) as well as Bleach (be forewarned Bleach is VERY long and currently on hiatus in production -- the manga is on-going). WRT Bleach, just make it past the first season; the second and third are great and then they do this filler season / story season thing for the rest of the series. Fate/stay night and Fate/zero are good series (watch night first, zero is the prequel). Durarara is a head scratcher but cool, same with .hsck//sign (nerd in me =0)) and RahXephon.

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
You must not watch Mad Men

Qualitative language fail apparently -- 1 show out of how much steaming pile of doodoo -- hence the almost?

"Be the Change you want" - Gandhi

MyStro Productions Founder
solarSwarm Records Founding member, Admin, & A&R
'smü[th] Music Affiliate A&R

Old Post Jun-23-2012 02:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for darthseph Click here to Send darthseph a Private Message Add darthseph to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

I could use anime recommendations, too, actually. I used to be REALLY into it (went to cons and all that) back in high school/early college. The last one I watched all the way through was Cowboy Bebop. I watched a few episodes of Death Note a few years ago and liked it, but never finished it.

I was under the impression that most current anime was self-aware fan service nonsense, but if that's not the case, I'd love some pointers!

As for "regular" TV, I haven't found anything that's really pulled me in since "Lost" ended. Workaholics is pretty funny, obviously stuff like The Daily Show is good. Mad Men is good, although I need to get caught up on it.

To be fair, most TV is crap in general. It's not just American TV. Anyone who's visited a another country and flipped through the channels knows that it's still all pretty terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Jun-23-2012 06:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darthseph
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar
I could use anime recommendations, too, actually. I used to be REALLY into it (went to cons and all that) back in high school/early college. The last one I watched all the way through was Cowboy Bebop. I watched a few episodes of Death Note a few years ago and liked it, but never finished it.

I was under the impression that most current anime was self-aware fan service nonsense, but if that's not the case, I'd love some pointers!

To be fair, most TV is crap in general. It's not just American TV. Anyone who's visited a another country and flipped through the channels knows that it's still all pretty terrible.

See above for some of my recommendations.

"Be the Change you want" - Gandhi

MyStro Productions Founder
solarSwarm Records Founding member, Admin, & A&R
'smü[th] Music Affiliate A&R

Old Post Jun-25-2012 01:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for darthseph Click here to Send darthseph a Private Message Add darthseph to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
HotDogWater
pantsaddict

If you like sci-fi Firefly is great, and it's nothing like Battlestar. Also I've heard a ton of great things about Sons of Anarchy. Both are on Netflix instant. Dollhouse was a sleeper hit for me too, I think that's still on there also.

Old Post Jun-26-2012 19:28  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for HotDogWater Click here to Send HotDogWater a Private Message Visit HotDogWater's homepage! Add HotDogWater to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atilla
Junior tranceaddict

My fav show in tv is Spartacus on Starz. People tend to mention how much gratuitous sex and violence it contains. But what people forget to mention is the great story line. It's all about HONOR and REVENGE -- back in the days of war, slavery and cruel injustice, the heroic characters are shit upon, suffer horribly, lose the only ones they ever loved, and then are made to die in the arena for the pleasure of the masses. But when you fuck with some people, no matter how long it takes, they will lie in wait and then when the time is right, will rise and exact your revenge in the most horrific way possible. If you're exited (as am I) to find out how little Arya is going to exact revenge for Ned Stark's death, then trust me you'll love Spartacus.

I used to watch Dexter, which was my favorite show on tv for 4 seasons. I just stopped watching (for no reason), and never took it up again. but that one's excellent as well.

Old Post Jun-27-2012 21:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atilla Click here to Send atilla a Private Message Add atilla to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast TV Recommendations
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread