Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Trance too old now?
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
fredjan
Supreme tranceaddict

here it's pretty much unknown.
hell, when I showed Darude - Calm Before the Storm to a friend, he was like "trance is such a weird genre, and it's a techno ripoff" ("techno" as in Avicii/SHM-styled music)

Old Post Jun-27-2012 03:58  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for fredjan Click here to Send fredjan a Private Message Add fredjan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stormbringer
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Subtle
Whats the point of ignore if you still just have to press a button to see? Better than nothing i guess.
only pussies use the ignore function...

Old Post Jun-27-2012 07:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Stormbringer Click Here to Email Stormbringer Click here to Send Stormbringer a Private Message Add Stormbringer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by fredjan
hell, when I showed Darude - Calm Before the Storm to a friend, he was like "trance is such a weird genre, and it's a techno ripoff" ("techno" as in Avicii/SHM-styled music)

ROFL!

Old Post Jun-27-2012 11:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ NyX
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by fredjan

well damn.

Old Post Jun-27-2012 12:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ NyX Click here to Send DJ NyX a Private Message Add DJ NyX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

quote:
Originally posted by Stormbringer
only pussies use the ignore function...

well who on here uses the ignore function?

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jun-28-2012 05:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zharen
Put down the plate

quote:
Originally posted by Alero50
What do you mean by base music? The stuff Fitzgerald spins?

Skrillex, Datsik, Glitch Mob, Mord Fustang, etc.

My first ebook: The Plastic Wilderness / 2010 prog/deep mix

Old Post Jun-28-2012 07:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zharen Click here to Send Zharen a Private Message Add Zharen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

quote:
Originally posted by Zharen
Skrillex, Datsik, Glitch Mob, Mord Fustang, etc.

That isn't bass music.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Jun-28-2012 09:25  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
That isn't bass music.

It's a confusing as fuck term anyways. It could stand for jungle, dubstep, garage, drum & bass, bass-house, weird electronica, techno or pretty much anything else.

Old Post Jun-28-2012 14:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
It's a confusing as fuck term anyways. It could stand for jungle, dubstep, garage, drum & bass, bass-house, weird electronica, techno or pretty much anything else.

Seems straight forward to me when you're talking about what it's supposed to represent:

(~)

Old Post Jun-28-2012 21:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alero50
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony

Nah, I wouldn't go so broad with the term, I think that a perfect example of "Bass" music would be Shed, although he has techno and d&b productions also, mainly he hits the nail on the "Bass" style.

His track "The Bot" would be a good example.

At least I think I'm pretty close to being correct, compared to Skrillex and Fustang or w/e. Their music is like Daft punk on some bad crack

Old Post Jun-29-2012 00:15  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Alero50 Click here to Send Alero50 a Private Message Add Alero50 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Bass music is basically a UK movement of music descended from dub that is concerned with extremely heavy bass and soundsystem culture. Drum 'n bass, dubstep, post-dubstep and the all-encompassing "UK bass" tag would be prominent examples. In the US they used to call a certain strain of electro "bass music" back in the '80s - stuff like Dynamix II, but that was really just electro.

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Jun-29-2012 06:49  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RX50
tranceaddict in training

Dubstep and DnB is taking over nowadays. Unfortunately.

Old Post Jun-29-2012 10:49  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for RX50 Click here to Send RX50 a Private Message Add RX50 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Trance too old now?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread