Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Inaugural Digital Dreams Festival @ The Flats/Ontario Place
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
KStuff
Senior tranceaddict

Awesome weekend! Great to go to a festival in your home town and seeing so many familiar faces.

Saturday:
I got caught up in the Rogers line, and waited 2 hours to get in; not a good start to the festival... Stayed at Echo beach the whole time, Hawtin played the set of the night for me.

Sunday:
Things went a lot smoother. The Euro 2012 fan zone was a joke, as mentioned previously. I was expecting one of those giant outdoor screens, like they had at the CBC World Cup fan zone 2 years ago. Instead a row of TVs washed out by the sun and suffering from glare, with no audio (right beside bass stage...).

Chus & Ceballos played a fun set to get me in the right atmosphere. Mark Knight played the set of the night for me, with Fanciulli taking second place. Sci-Tec kind of lost me, but I still enjoyed them.

Went to footwork for Fanciulli after, and had a great time (despite playing a lot of the same tracks).

General notes:
Plenty of porto potties! I never waited more than 1 minute. Great job. The sound quality was good, although a bit more bass would have been great to fill the whole beach area. DEMF is still the benchmark for bang for your buck, but DD had a great debut.

Old Post Jul-03-2012 14:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for KStuff Click here to Send KStuff a Private Message Add KStuff to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samhouse
Scenester

what a weekend!!!! my legs are still sore from the daily bouts of extended dancing. This is despite 8 hours of sleep a night....well almost.

Anyways...Digital Dreams as mentioned earlier was a blast. Glad we only went Sunday as it allowed us to enjoy the Dirty Disco stage at Wellesley the day before.

Got in Sunday afternoon around 3pm and walked around and explored a bit. Tried watching the game for a bit but it was way to crowded and definitely not the setup i expected. Stayed in the loop through an Iphone. The Bass stage did not help so we got ourselves outta dodge asap.

Dreams stage: I'm sure the people there were having fun and all but not my cup of tea crowd wise. That crowd is the reason Guv doesn't do it for me anymore...lets all get smashed wear neon and jump around to noise.....ok have fun

Echo Beach: Now this is where it was at! I have not been a big fan of Art Dept live in the past because as much as I enjoy their music, I've only seen them in a club setting and frankly its a little slow. However this was the perfect setting...groovy, sexy beach music. They really set the mood perfectly and by the end of their set I was very satisfied indeed. P.S...Kenny is a champ behind the decks.

Chus & Ceballos: My favourite set of the night just because that is the type of music that I enjoy the most. Sure there wasn't much tribal but I wasn't expecting that in this setting. They know how to rock a crowd and despite this not being the best I've seen em, they were still my favourites.

Mark Knight: walked around for most of his set because I've come to expect the same thing from him every time I hear him. Just banging tunes...no flow no story. I understand its a festival and they only have an hour and a half but every other DJ i saw told a story in that hour and a half. Caught the end of his set and heard some decent tracks to close out including the ever brilliant Man with the red face.

Nic Fanciulli: One of the stars of the night for sure. Love love loved his set. Perfectly built from start to finish. My respect for Nic has grown even more after this wicked performance.

Sci-Tec: Carlo came out and ripped it as he usually does but really shoulda played longer. Dubfire shoulda opened with that first track because he really slowed it down at the start of his set. It was still excellent however did not mesh with the way Carlo was playing. We left around 11:45 to beat the crowds out and also because we were simply spent and needed to get some sleep before Pride Zone the next morning.

Good stuff to all promoters involved. Got in quick despite all the issues that were flooding my phone on the Saturday. Saw lots of friendly faces (the non-neon variety) and got to dance in the sand...which btw is just golden I hate shoes anyways...

Lets hope next year is bigger and better!!!!!

Old Post Jul-03-2012 15:29  Pakistan
Click Here to See the Profile for samhouse Click here to Send samhouse a Private Message Visit samhouse's homepage! Add samhouse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

amazing times indeed, my only downside was terrible music selections from pretty much everyone at every single stage. at one point on a sunday it sounded like it was the same track is being played for 4 hours, couldn 't handle that anymore and we left around 11pm. Mark knight sucks btw. Best set from echo beach were art dept and caught some of nitin.

but set of the festival for me was nu:tone at the dnb stage where we accidentally wandered to trying not to listen to mark knights set

for next time please more atm's, at least 10 would be nice..

Old Post Jul-03-2012 15:59  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hardcore trancer
Mystic Mind

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
amazing times indeed, my only downside was terrible music selections from pretty much everyone at every single stage. at one point on a sunday it sounded like it was the same track is being played for 4 hours.

LOL I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DJMysticMind

Old Post Jul-03-2012 16:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for hardcore trancer Click here to Send hardcore trancer a Private Message Visit hardcore trancer's homepage! Add hardcore trancer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
my only downside was terrible music selections from pretty much everyone at every single stage. at one point on a sunday it sounded like it was the same track is being played for 4 hours,

My feelings exactly. Every set was pretty average.. even Art Department were super boring, which is shocking, because their sound is suitably best for an outdoor environment.. They played 30 mins of good music. Hawtin was the only one that really stood out, during his last 40 mins. Everything else was just socializing music. Hanging with an amazing group of friends, and the shenanigans that took place are what really shined for me... but I don't think I need to pay $114.00 for that.

It'd be great if they could utilize the Echo Beach stage and throw a party there on Sunday/Saturday afternoons every now and then. A Modern Love Affair jam taking place there would be amazing..

Old Post Jul-03-2012 17:25  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Cribby
It'd be great if they could utilize the Echo Beach stage and throw a party there on Sunday/Saturday afternoons every now and then. A Modern Love Affair jam taking place there would be amazing..

we've opted out for Sugar Beach instead

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...810&forumid=77&

Old Post Jul-03-2012 17:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click Here to Email jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
amazing times indeed, my only downside was terrible music selections from pretty much everyone at every single stage

lol

Old Post Jul-03-2012 17:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click Here to Email jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pett
Supreme tranceaddict

Best was when C&C played a track then Mark knight plays the exact same track 15 minutes later. Awesome featival and will be back next year for sure!

Old Post Jul-03-2012 17:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Pett Click here to Send Pett a Private Message Add Pett to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

Glad to hear the party was a success!

I tried to get in Sat during the rush hour (4pm) and gave up after 45 mins of the line not moving... it was a bit scary, I saw some peeps getting crushed in the lineup and I couldn't find a staff member or security guard outside of the venue to save my life... actually that's not true, I told a girl working the VIP bottle service tent that people were getting crushed and her response was "well they should have come @ 11am" lol

I was gonna try again to get in on Sunday but wasn't really in the mood to deal with the hassle again... Also I was less enthused when I heard the "echo beach" stage was actually a beach with sand. I really hate sand! lol

Old Post Jul-03-2012 17:38  Canada
Ozmozis
Music is the Vibe

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
Glad to hear the party was a success!

I tried to get in Sat during the rush hour (4pm) and gave up after 45 mins of the line not moving... it was a bit scary, I saw some peeps getting crushed in the lineup and I couldn't find a staff member or security guard outside of the venue to save my life... actually that's not true, I told a girl working the VIP bottle service tent that people were getting crushed and her response was "well they should have come @ 11am" lol

I was gonna try again to get in on Sunday but wasn't really in the mood to deal with the hassle again... Also I was less enthused when I heard the "echo beach" stage was actually a beach with sand. I really hate sand! lol

Line buddy!

Only took us about an hour lol

The best part while in line was this snobby chick that somehow cut her way to the front and started bitching at people who were trying to bud in line. ummm...

Last edited by Ozmozis on Jul-03-2012 at 18:08

Old Post Jul-03-2012 17:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Ozmozis Click Here to Email Ozmozis Click here to Send Ozmozis a Private Message Visit Ozmozis's homepage! Add Ozmozis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
we've opted out for Sugar Beach instead

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...810&forumid=77&

It's funny. This was announced after I had those thoughts about a beach party on Sat. You guys are great mind readers

Old Post Jul-03-2012 18:27  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cono_sur
v i n t a g e ' 7 7

quote:
Originally posted by Playa24_7

Wow. That's one crazy weekend!

Besides the clusterf*ck getting in on Saturday, everything was enjoyable. Lawler and had the set of the day for me. Boris was really good too. Hawtin was alright. I only had a Day 1 ticket, but passed on the Day 2 freebie. Aah, well... there is always next year.

twitter.com/cono_sur

facebook.com/conosur

Old Post Jul-03-2012 18:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for cono_sur Click here to Send cono_sur a Private Message Visit cono_sur's homepage! Add cono_sur to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Inaugural Digital Dreams Festival @ The Flats/Ontario Place
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread