Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > "Police investigate $600k theft as Escapade Music Festival co-founder disappears"
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

"Police investigate $600k theft as Escapade Music Festival co-founder disappears"

"OTTAWA — Ottawa Police are investigating the theft of proceeds from the sale of tickets to last weekend’s Escapade Music Festival, the Citizen has learned.

Police are expected to issue a warrant Wednesday for Nick Vachon, 26, one of the founding partners of DNA Presents, the company that staged the two-day festival. Vachon has not been seen or heard from since early Monday morning, when the proceeds from the festival’s ticket sales were discovered missing.

A safe at festival venue Ottawa Stadium was found empty early that morning by some of the other DNA partners. It is believed that more than $600,000 is missing.

“I am heartbroken,” said Michael O’Farrell, one of five partners in the company.

“This just crushed us, we can’t believe it. We had such a great event and now this happened. I don’t even know how to cope with it right now,” said O'Farrell.

About 15,000 people attended the electronic music festival over its two days.

More to come."

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/P...l#ixzz1zg1FaYT2

And we thought we had it bad... YIKES

Old Post Jul-04-2012 18:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click Here to Email Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

Wow, that's brutal. Albeit on a cheesey path it was good to see Ottawa getting some music for once. This will definitely put a dent in that...

Old Post Jul-04-2012 18:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RayRayy
Supreme tranceaddict

bad...bad...bad...

Old Post Jul-04-2012 18:57  Jamaica
Click Here to See the Profile for RayRayy Click Here to Email RayRayy Click here to Send RayRayy a Private Message Add RayRayy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

15k via two days is pretty good for the first year of a festival

spin, i'm anxiously awaiting your response

Old Post Jul-04-2012 19:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click Here to Email Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
princesultan
Supreme tranceaddict

dirrrrrrrrrrrty

Old Post Jul-04-2012 20:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for princesultan Click Here to Email princesultan Click here to Send princesultan a Private Message Add princesultan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus007

Agreed, specially for Ottawa with a population of 1 million. Add in Canada Day weekend when tons of people already have plans out of town or at the cottage etc.

Definitely sucks but karma is a bitch and $600k can wither away pretty fast...

Old Post Jul-04-2012 20:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus007

brah, talk about devastation and alleged betrayal at the same time. Hopefully Nick Vachon is found g'd out with 600K in a safe and DNA recovers quickly. But if true it definitely tarnishes things. I've met two of the promoters and you can tell they have tons of infectious enthusiasm promoting edm in Ottawa.

If the money can be recovered then all is well but if not then all is not, obviously. They sold 15000 tickets so that's roughly $1.5M worth of ticket revenue, so if you do the math, a massive chunk is missing. This looks bad on the city and on the promoters and it's unfortunate cuz I heard a lot of good things about the cheesefest.

First time festival at that location and it had no big issues with bathroom waits and the lineup to get in maxed out at an hour, I was told. Sound was good for the most part, apparently, and the stadium was well received.

15000 at Escapade
25000 at Digital Dreams

And thousands partied all wknd in Mtl, Beach Club had a massive turnout on Sun for Sander as you saw. Aside from the cheese and the criminals EDM is alive around these parts.

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Jul-04-2012 22:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ms Haus
Supreme tranceaddict

Nick Vachon is a giant douchebag. I hope he gets caught arrested and put in jail for about a month so he can get anally raped without any lube.

I remember when that guy was promoting here in Ottawa and he always had this giant douchy attitude about him. Like his shit smells of roses or something. And then when Heaven got bought out to be replaced with Mansion he was taking over as manager of Mansion. I remeber over hearing him say, "if Heaven was full every weekend this wouldnt have happened." Even though Heaven was full most Saturday nights and over packed when a good DJ was in town.

Way to fucking ruin what was a very good stepping stone for Ottawa you selfish cock sucking moron

Old Post Jul-04-2012 22:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ms Haus Click here to Send Ms Haus a Private Message Add Ms Haus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

is that the guy who's pic Zeksg posted on TA?

Rumour has it he eloped with ur roommate (and Pierre) in Panama, $600,000 in tow.

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:

Old Post Jul-04-2012 22:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

quote:
Originally posted by Ms Haus
Nick Vachon is a giant douchebag. I hope he gets caught arrested and put in jail for about a month so he can get anally raped without any lube.

I remember when that guy was promoting here in Ottawa and he always had this giant douchy attitude about him. Like his shit smells of roses or something. And then when Heaven got bought out to be replaced with Mansion he was taking over as manager of Mansion. I remeber over hearing him say, "if Heaven was full every weekend this wouldnt have happened." Even though Heaven was full most Saturday nights and over packed when a good DJ was in town.

Way to fucking ruin what was a very good stepping stone for Ottawa you selfish cock sucking moron

truth be told Heaven didn't have the best business model, imo, and gave out free entry passes every wknd. They must've lost money on many of those bookings too.

quote:

Old Post Jul-04-2012 22:32  Canada
Ms Haus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Spin Laden
truth be told Heaven didn't have the best business model, imo, and gave out free entry passes every wknd. They must've lost money on many of those bookings too.

Oh I'm sure there was some studpid moves made with that club that they could have fixed on their own. But on other nights they had to fo made money. Nick was just far to douchy for me and has always rubbed me the wrong way. Even way back when he was promoting for Tila

Old Post Jul-04-2012 22:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ms Haus Click here to Send Ms Haus a Private Message Add Ms Haus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ms Haus
Supreme tranceaddict

People please keep an eye out for this idiot who actually goes out into public like this

Last edited by Ms Haus on Jul-04-2012 at 22:45

Old Post Jul-04-2012 22:39 

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > "Police investigate $600k theft as Escapade Music Festival co-founder disappears"
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread